What do you make of the DE update being removed?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ðork

Dork online, since '99
Jun 19, 2001
Switzerland
http://www.digitalextremes.com/developer/index.php

None of it makes sense to me, but maybe I'm just being dense.

Obviously the mars bit is a joke, so why so much regret and apologies if it's something they choose to do? The alternative being that they have no choice but to remove it. Is that Infogrames or Epic laying down the law?

Does anyone know more, or have any ideas?

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I've seen something simular happening to PlanetSide just recently and I'm afraight the reasons might be the same: For some reason the game got considerably delayed and the devs or their publisher wanted to reduce the amount of info floating around. Usually they don't want too much talk about the game until a few month before release.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
In case of UC it might be that it isn't the game itself that is delayed, but rather the launch of the multiplayer online service of the Xbox. DE said several times that UC wouldn't be distributed before that service is available. :hmm:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Thumbs up for DE insisting on online play for the game. Thumbs down to MS for not having it ready for the X-box launch date.

Unreal without online play is... well.... Playstation2's UT. :hmm:

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Could it be that this was the time when it became clear (internally) that the Xbox multiplayer is delayed?

Maybe this was also the time when they starting thinking about porting UC to PC earlier than originally planned.