PDA

View Full Version : What do you make of the DE update being removed?

Šork
6th Nov 2001, 03:41 PM
http://www.digitalextremes.com/developer/index.php

None of it makes sense to me, but maybe I'm just being dense.

Obviously the mars bit is a joke, so why so much regret and apologies if it's something they choose to do? The alternative being that they have no choice but to remove it. Is that Infogrames or Epic laying down the law?

Does anyone know more, or have any ideas?

Tetris L
6th Nov 2001, 05:30 PM
I've seen something simular happening to PlanetSide just recently and I'm afraight the reasons might be the same: For some reason the game got considerably delayed and the devs or their publisher wanted to reduce the amount of info floating around. Usually they don't want too much talk about the game until a few month before release.

IntRed
8th Nov 2001, 03:58 PM
i can only hope you'r wrong ;)

Tetris L
8th Nov 2001, 04:20 PM
In case of UC it might be that it isn't the game itself that is delayed, but rather the launch of the multiplayer online service of the Xbox. DE said several times that UC wouldn't be distributed before that service is available. :hmm:

hal
8th Nov 2001, 11:10 PM
Thumbs up for DE insisting on online play for the game. Thumbs down to MS for not having it ready for the X-box launch date.

Unreal without online play is... well.... Playstation2's UT. :hmm:

Barcode#09123111
10th Nov 2001, 04:58 PM
I am having mixed feelings about the xbox

Tetris L
4th Jan 2002, 12:19 PM
Could it be that this was the time when it became clear (internally) that the Xbox multiplayer is delayed?

Maybe this was also the time when they starting thinking about porting UC to PC earlier than originally planned.

hal
4th Jan 2002, 02:14 PM
I believe you are spot on, TTL.

J. Speed
4th Jan 2002, 06:25 PM
UT2 is official.
www.planetunreal.com