40mm muddling.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I think the original idea belonged to poaw - But here it is anyway. :D
40mm grenades should be bought in bulk. Thats right, bulk. 6-8 nades.
Force players to be a grenadier, if they want to carry nades.
With this system, you can get rid of the huge overbulking of grenades - they still will be heavy - but this is for a useable number of them. It seems kind of odd that the grenades are 4 bulk, while the m67 hand grenade is only one. Thats right, 2 40mm nades are as bulky as one shotgun.
And as a final protection against abuse, there is the arming range to consider. Increasing the arming range (through usage of a certain mutator...) reduces "cheap kills" CONSIDERABLY.
Realistic shrapnel implementation is still useable.
Just my thoughts on the 40mm as a weapon, as it is quite an interesting weapon to play with/against when used in its proper implementation.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
lol, i sent the exact same thing to the team just last weekend... your getting slow yurch :D

well not exact not the bulk nades thing but the bulk value and arming range though

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
Damn right. This makes perfect sense. Considering real grenaders carry i beleive 20-30 grenades on them, this is a fair compromise.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Wow! Very good idea! I've always wanted to be granadier on maps like EP, to get that damned sniper that inevitably sits by the crates
evilsmile.gif