PDA

View Full Version : They hate math!

QUALTHWAR
4th Nov 2001, 05:53 PM
This is ridiculous. Sure, if a few bad words offend people, and the only way to appease the gods is to use a nanny lock, fine. But what do they have against mathematics. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this how it works on a keyboard: (/) is division, (*) is multiplication, (-) is subtraction, and (+) is addition. Well, check it out: **** See, they censored my multiplication symbol. Watch, I’ll multiply 3 times in a row now: *** See, they did it again. WHY DO WE HAVE TO CENSOR MATH!?! Multiplication was never censored before. What gives?

Deathwing
4th Nov 2001, 07:42 PM
2*3 = 6. What's the problem here?

QUALTHWAR
4th Nov 2001, 07:45 PM
See!! They censored the multiplication symbol. Watch: ********* ***** **** ****** ** * **** ** ***** ***** See! They censored all those multiplication symbols. You Bastards!

Deathwing
4th Nov 2001, 07:48 PM
Lets see if we could remedy this:

2 times 3 = 6.

2 x 3 = 6.

2 multiplied by 3 = 6

Yay, they all worked!

QUALTHWAR
4th Nov 2001, 07:56 PM
Oh? Huuummmm. Well, hummmm. No. No, uhhh. Yeah, well, uhhhhh, that’s not what I meant.

Rukee
4th Nov 2001, 08:06 PM
Noone`s sure of what you meant......:rolleyes:

diddlysquat
4th Nov 2001, 08:38 PM
2x3 =6

2*3=6

Why can't you "see" the difference!
It is an abominantion before the eyes of the lord.

Spam have mercy on them, because I won't.

:instagib:
:Pulse:
:morety:

and there's more where that came from, infidels.

DigitalW
4th Nov 2001, 09:26 PM
They censored the mutiplication symbol itsself!!!!

Dumba$$e$!!!

see*************

:rolleyes:

Cactus
4th Nov 2001, 09:55 PM
yeah, not so much fun when you have ot PROVE that multiplication exists as an operation!

QUALTHWAR
5th Nov 2001, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Cactus
yeah, not so much fun when you have ot PROVE that multiplication exists as an operation!

Just use that old proof that goes like this: It exists ‘cause I ****ing say it exists! Most professors will agree with that one.

Rukee
5th Nov 2001, 08:27 AM
Oh-Yeah!!
That always worked for me at school!!

NOT!!

Balton
5th Nov 2001, 08:52 AM
uh, i usualy write a division this way down :
like 6:3 = 2
: )
without calculator

Balton
5th Nov 2001, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Rukee
Oh-Yeah!!
That always worked for me at school!!

NOT!!

Eat Cow and die. A million brits can`t be wrong!!

oh yeah hehe. we had a chemistryx teacher who said it works this way cos i say so. she sucked i didnt learned much from her. but now i am in one of the profesional chemistry course. btw there are a lot of nerds. But they can be funny. also I am some kind of a messiah under them. i am not an ass but i am from an other world.... blabla chemistry rules! ( as long as the teacher burns)

Deathwing
5th Nov 2001, 09:56 PM
Chemistry is boring. Right at the beginning of the year my teacher decided to crush everybody's hopes and tell us we wouldn't be blowing anything up. If he had never told us that, and just kept us waiting until the end of the semester, we would have had a lot more fun.

Balton
6th Nov 2001, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Deathwing
Chemistry is boring. Right at the beginning of the year my teacher decided to crush everybody's hopes and tell us we wouldn't be blowing anything up. If he had never told us that, and just kept us waiting until the end of the semester, we would have had a lot more fun.

both teacher in chemistry ( the ground and the extra course) 0wn!

in the extra course our teacher took out some little balls. he put on on a heating plate and turn it on. It exploded really loud and he started to smile like a little boy. it was really cool since we didnt knew what will happen

Rukee
6th Nov 2001, 10:48 AM
In my chemistry class we blow sh!t up all the time!!
And we even made Brandy!!!

.mmmm....but now that I think about it...our chemistry teacher got sent to prision for molesting little girls!!
Well...they weren`t that little...they were in high school....but if any girls needed extra credit!!! :p

Ulukai
6th Nov 2001, 11:47 AM
My chemistry teacher was a greasy leching ****, who would run his fingers through the girls hair whilst talking about chemical compounds.

Balton
6th Nov 2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Ulukai
My chemistry teacher was a greasy leching ****, who would run his fingers through the girls hair whilst talking about chemical compounds.

hey, i had the same teacher! before ofcourse. i also had him in mathematcs(back to the topic! DUH!)

but he was a good teachers who could teach ya lot of stuff. and he was kinda fair. he jsut had something left for young girls....

QUALTHWAR
5th Jul 2003, 03:44 PM
This person still around? I remember when kids used to get spankings at school. I got a few whacks. Can't do that now, and teachers can't run their fingers through hair anymore in the U.S..

Ulukai
5th Jul 2003, 03:57 PM
He's still there, apparently.

QUALTHWAR
5th Jul 2003, 05:45 PM
Well then, are they hiring?

AMmayhem
5th Jul 2003, 06:30 PM
I thought it was:

2•3=6 :confused:

Bot_40
6th Jul 2003, 07:33 AM
:con: @ •
Which reminds me, in one of the screwed up exams I had to sit, they put a sort of "<->" symbol for multiply by accident so at the start of the exam we all had to go through the exam paper correcting the errors (which seems to be becoming a routine at the start of A/AS-Level exams) :con:

AMmayhem
6th Jul 2003, 08:26 AM
:con: @ •

You've never seen math books use that dot for a multiplication sign??

Bot_40
6th Jul 2003, 11:40 AM
No... Some people do that at school now you mention it but it's ghey then because when you use a biro it barely shows up and you often miss it.

GeneticFreak
6th Jul 2003, 12:18 PM
hey at my school everyone uses .
sometimes they dont use anything at all, like this A=BC/D which means A=B.C/D

Zarkazm
6th Jul 2003, 01:03 PM
OMG yet another spam thread. How about a bacon thread for a change? I like bacon.

AMmayhem
6th Jul 2003, 04:59 PM
Hey GeneticFreak, genetics is already difficult enough, your sig makes it even worse.

But then your sig does kind of sum it all up.... :con:

militaryspetproject
7th Jul 2003, 04:51 PM
This person still around? I remember when kids used to get spankings at school. I got a few whacks. Can't do that now, and teachers can't run their fingers through hair anymore in the U.S..

the catholic school I went to was allowed to wack ya... I got a couple good ones with a ruler... mostly knuckles... however I caught one or 2 on the behind... Perhaps this is where my my love for school uniforms and s&m began???? :lol:

QUALTHWAR
7th Jul 2003, 05:52 PM
yeah, i have a whole draw full of white socks.

-Penfold-
7th Jul 2003, 08:22 PM
To make the censored version,

uncensored, just enter it in with [ i ] and [ / i ] (without spaces) in between the multiply symbols, and it will trick the censor program, and print it uncensored!!!

See: ***!

Pretty cool, eh?

Twrecks
8th Jul 2003, 05:02 AM
I still maintain 1/0=infinity, from an asymtopic point of view of course. Where by as the denominator approaches zero the result gets really really big regardless of the numerator. I just use one because it's easy to write. And don't get me started on DOT products. Using . for multiplication is just wrong.

Mxtrmntr
8th Jul 2003, 05:26 AM
Isn't there actually a difference between the correct usage of . and x?

Twrecks
8th Jul 2003, 04:06 PM
xxx = prOn
... = Thinking about prOn