PDA

View Full Version : Mothership 2 UT Jailbreak server

larrystorch
4th Nov 2001, 05:01 PM
For those that stopped by the Mothership 2 UT Jailbreak server, Thank you.

My big question for you is, How was your connection to it? What did you think? Hopefully, with your help, we can tweak the .ini file to make it run smoother.

Thanks for stopping by. It will be up 24/7 for anyone to play on.

Mothership 2 UT Jailbreak Server (unreal://66.92.236.145:7777)

Daikiki
5th Nov 2001, 08:02 AM
Personally, I love it.

Then again, I would, wouldn't I?

LordKhaine
5th Nov 2001, 08:57 AM
I really do need to finish d/ling UTJB :)

Da_Wookie|BuF
5th Nov 2001, 11:30 AM
Just like so many times before, I have a nasty ping.

And one more thing, PLEASE dont get every custom utjb map you can find!!

larrystorch
5th Nov 2001, 06:47 PM
I have Mapvote installed on the server, so you only have to fight other players as far as what maps you play. I don't have all of the maps running on the server. Pete has a list here (http://qapete.dynip.com/index.html#information)

If you would like to see anything on this server, just let me know guys & girls

Bonecrusher
7th Nov 2001, 06:35 PM
Well, it was fun. Played just as good as I do on QAPete's server. Although I did have lag but I have it everywhere. I use AOL to play online and it SUX anyway!

QAPete
7th Nov 2001, 06:39 PM
Hey Bonecrusher, shrink down that sig, d00d, or I'll have to do it for you..... :)

Uncle Pete
-BeyondUnreal Rebel Leader

Bonecrusher
7th Nov 2001, 07:49 PM
Yea I thought it was kinda big too, I'll fix it in a few minutes.

EDIT:There, that's better, but now I have to make the text so you can see it right!

EDIT:AAAHHHHH........Much Better!

Justin286
7th Nov 2001, 09:54 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I was getting some massive packet loss when I was on it.
Stat net recording 46% loss reguarly and one time it spiked to 86%.
And this was on both DSL and dialup connections. :(

QAPete
7th Nov 2001, 09:55 PM
No problems on this end, I can assure you.

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

Justin286
7th Nov 2001, 10:17 PM
Well, just to double check that it wasn't me I ran a Packet Line Loss Testing test on dslreports.com right after I played and everything was working fine.

Buscemi
8th Nov 2001, 11:23 AM
I also have 1500 ping on that server (don't worry, my provider has some network issues) so couldn't really play, but justed want to thank you for putting up a UTJB server. You can never have enough of em :)

larrystorch
10th Nov 2001, 12:08 AM
I'll b gone most of this weekend, so you won't have to worry about me sucking up the bandwidth to the UTJB server:D

It'll be all day Saturday 11/10 & most of Sunday 11/11

Enjoy the weekend long smackdown on the server, Guys & Gals

Rexxx
11th Nov 2001, 11:39 AM
jailbreak = great! i will try that later, thanks!

UnrealGrrl
11th Nov 2001, 03:46 PM
cool, will you guys be running a playtest of the new version or still with 205?
also can ya post which maps are running or do you have a mappack to dl? on dialup its kinda hard otherwise, which maps are running?

tanx!

Mychaeel
11th Nov 2001, 04:49 PM
Well, my ping was about what I expected---between 400 and 600. But I think that's more a problem of my ISP and the fact that there are some thousand miles between my rig and the server... :p

Anyway, thanks a lot for setting up and maintaining that server, larrystorch. Just one humble request (and I believe most online Jailbreak players agree (http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~utjb/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=3&topic=13)): Could you please disable the capture timeout?

[JailBreak.JailBreak]
MaxCapTime=0

Thanks! :)

ElBundee
11th Nov 2001, 04:59 PM
Hi!

/me strongly agrees to disabling the capture limit.... This is good for offline play to get rid of stuck bots but online... :rolleyes:

El

QAPete
11th Nov 2001, 07:59 PM
Consider it done.

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

Assymilator
11th Nov 2001, 10:01 PM
I don't really get that much lag in there. I'm just kinda mad cause of all the custom maps (even tho I downloaded them, two I couldn't cause it was going at 3kb/s with my T1 and once I'm finally able to connect, I have to download that same damn map I tried to download using the slow Beyond Unreal server).

larrystorch
12th Nov 2001, 06:47 PM
Go here (http://qapete.dynip.com/index.html#information) to find out what maps you need and where to get them.

Justin286
12th Nov 2001, 09:53 PM
Actually the link is:
http://mothership.beyondunreal.com/#utjailbreak
since QAPete's changing the URL. :stick:

Foetal Youth
16th Nov 2001, 07:27 PM
Gr8! The more UTJB servers the better!
Nice1 Larry!