PDA

View Full Version : Buffy teh vampire slayer :)

Frostblood
4th Nov 2001, 07:42 AM
What's your opinion on Buffy? some friend of mine seem to think that its a plotless mish-mash which is only popular because of the female star. I have to disagree, although it has got worse over time ( the 'sister made of magic' plot is one of the worst i've ever seen ). The older series were some of the best shows on TV however.

Evil_Cope
4th Nov 2001, 09:33 AM
the "faith" plot is a bit cobntrived yeah, but overall its one of the few quality programmes around these days. even if it does have a few dawsons creek leanings...:stick:

certainly beats watching "Eastenders" or "Neighbours"...:goshen:

Claw
4th Nov 2001, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by mister_cope
certainly beats watching "Eastenders" or "Neighbours"...:goshen:

Those I don't know, but "Buffy" is set as concurrence to "Stargate" now :hmm: I used to watch "her" before that, even though I didn't like the more recent episodes as much as the previous...

AMmayhem
4th Nov 2001, 10:09 PM
Never seen the show, but I've seen her. (Me drools on self). :)

BangOut
4th Nov 2001, 10:33 PM
It's a sub-standard show =/

But, I'd watch her over Eastenders anyday :P

SpiritWalker
5th Nov 2001, 12:15 AM
I like buffy.. But I think that Dark Angel is a better show.. EXCEPT for the halloween episode..that SUCKED

Deathwing
5th Nov 2001, 12:35 AM
I thought the plot of the show was always pretty ridiculous, but the show is still highly entertaining. And the female star just makes it better. :)

Frostblood
5th Nov 2001, 01:15 AM
It does have ridiculous moments, but it's entertaining and thats what matters.

dead clown
5th Nov 2001, 03:47 AM
personally i think it's the best show on TV at the moment, you really have to watch it for a while to get into it though. however i also believe that anyone who watches ****e like eastenders voluntarily should be castrated. television should be about ENTERTAINMENT. that means kung fu fighting girls and vampires, not ugly people being depressed.

Balton
5th Nov 2001, 07:43 AM
actually dawsons creek was amusing....

Ulukai
5th Nov 2001, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by BangOut
But, I'd watch her over Eastenders anyday :P

You'd have to pay me to watch Eastenders. But remember, as It's full of dodgy geezers and minging east end hoes it must be "gritty", "realistic" and "captivating"

As for Buffy, well....so so I suppsoe, but if it wasn't full of pretty ladies it'd die a death.

Frostblood
5th Nov 2001, 12:35 PM
clown : i wouldnt put it like that but i agree, turkey :lol: apart from the castration thing

Evil_Cope
5th Nov 2001, 04:04 PM
Buffy the vampire slayer has moments of pure genius.

its just that the "tean angst" bit gets to me after a while....and a few storylines are a bit far fetched... but there isnt much that draws my interest as much.

Maroth
5th Nov 2001, 04:26 PM
the best bit ever in buffy is when theres an old dude with cheese on his head..............................

Evil_Cope
5th Nov 2001, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Maroth
the best bit ever in buffy is when theres an old dude with cheese on his head..............................

i wear the cheese. it does not wear me...

dead clown
5th Nov 2001, 04:50 PM
clown : i wouldnt put it like that but i agree, turkey apart from the castration thing

even if the castration was done by demented robot monkeys from the future? hell, i'd pay to watch that.

Frostblood
6th Nov 2001, 10:34 AM
Umm...yes.:con:

Rukee
6th Nov 2001, 10:59 AM
I wanna see Buffy in the Buff!! ;)

Frostblood
6th Nov 2001, 01:21 PM
:D :D :D