name that oldskool (8 or 16-bit) CONSOLE game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
since the winner of the old thread seems uninterested in reviving the great short tradition of "NAME THAT WHATEVER", here I go again... :D

This time around I decided on four shoot-em-ups.
The first two are old and somewhat obscure Megadrive/Genesis games, the last two quite famous games (here in their PCE/TG16 incarnation).

First to name three out of the four games right takes over the thread if interested, otherwise I'll do the next round.

1)
shooter1.jpg

2)
shooter2.jpg

3)
shooter3.jpg

4)
shooter4.jpg

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Rabid Wolf
since the winner of the old thread seems uninterested in reviving the great short tradition of "NAME THAT WHATEVER", here I go again... :D

This time around I decided on four shoot-em-ups.
The first two are old and somewhat obscure Megadrive/Genesis games, the last two quite famous games (here in their PCE/TG16 incarnation).

First to name three out of the four games right takes over the thread if interested, otherwise I'll do the next round.

1)
shooter1.jpg

2)
shooter2.jpg

3)
shooter3.jpg

4)
shooter4.jpg

number 4 is R-type...

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
hmm, maybe a little too hard.
1) Gynoug
2) Phelios
3) Raiden (someone should've known this)
4) R-Type

so for the next we'll do it a little differently, namely four shots from one game. genesis here, and pretty easy, methinks...

game11.gif

game12.gif

game13.gif

game14.gif

(and if you really need a tip, there is one more shot waiting, but that would give it away...)

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
see: easy!

indeed, my beloved Ripley a-kickin'...

(and sure you'll get a review. that's what I'm here for. but you do know of course that right now with the move not being fully done yet, we can't review atm. just tell me what map you'd like reviewed, and as soon as they're possible again, you'll get your review. though there are 5 or 6 maps to be done before that.)

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Hmm... I think my DM-Twisted-TOURNEY is in your queue already... so what about that older CTF-Thunder? It should be in the NC database as CTF-Thunderfinal, but as I'm not sure, better get it from my homepage! Or shall I resubmit it, attaching a note that CTF-Thunder.zip and CTF-Thunderfinal.zip are to be deleted and this CTF-Thunder be put in to replace them? (questions, questions...)

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
1) Gynoug
2) Phelios
4) R-Type

so for the next we'll do it a little differently, namely four shots from one game. genesis here, and pretty easy, methinks...

game11.gif

game12.gif

game13.gif

game14.gif

(and if you really need a tip, there is one more shot waiting, but that would give it away...)
DAMNIT! I thought #4 was Raiden, but I thought the ship was white? I remember playing that game in the arcades.......

digital-warrior

Awake...
Nov 3, 2001
tx
Visit site
But, I have to admit that ZELDA has always been my favorite, and always will be.

I own every console Nintendo has ever made "except X-Box", and I have every zelda game made to date.

Have'nt finished the latest one yet, not enough time in the day....

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
1) Gynoug
2) Phelios
4) R-Type

game11.gif

game12.gif

game13.gif

game14.gif

aline for the super nintendo