yet another xp problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
1. scanned, no viruses.
2. norton disk doctor would've caught that
3. also would've caught that
4. why the hell would i want warezed msword when it came with the system? :p

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Hmm. Methinks you might be the proud owner of some lemon hardware. Might have taken an ESD hit on memory or something.. cause you seem to have a collection of probs from graphics to apps. If you have anyone to swap memory with, I'd start there.

But what else have you done to tshoot your whole box? When was the last time Word worked? What has been installed since?
Depending on the age of the machine and what you have done to it, it should still be covered by a support plan of some kind?
And btw, beware of warezed stuff of any kind.. not just Word.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Another XP Upgrade victim!

Sorry to hear that.. Definately double check your memory chips then!
I've seen memory work just fine under 9x/Win2k but fail under the abuse that XP gives it. Hope it's an easy fix for ya.

Before you upgraded did you run the compatability checker and let it generate a report of everything that would need to be reinstalled or removed?

Last edited: