BOTS? Stealth? and Hiding in Shadows?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worst Ping

Dec 9, 1999
Visit site
If you go by someone who is feigning death, their name appears on your screen. I've gotten some frags that way (though I don't frag them in their own end or if they're away from the action - they may be typing or AFK)

RW

Nov 24, 1999
Sparks, Nevada USA
Visit site
I believe you can change the max players/bots by doing this.

Double click the My Computer icon on your Windows desktop.
Double click the icon for the hard drive where you installed the game files (Usually C /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.
Double click the folder where the game files are installed.
Double click the System folder.
Double click the icon for the file named UnrealTournament.ini.
Find the section of this file labeled Engine.Gameinfo.
Find the entry for MaxPlayers.
Change the value next to MaxPlayers from 16 to 32.
Click on "File".
Click on "Save".
Exit Notepad.

VEX

Dec 10, 1999
Rochester,NY,USA
First off
This game rocks!!
but I have just a few thoughts:

1) Why cant you put more than 16 bots in the game?

2) Why can bots peg u (with sniper rifle, for example) when you are in stealth mode and/or hidden in shadows, from the other side of CTF-Face (either moving or holding still) Uncanny.

3)When u chose random bot selection, it never selects any bots after the 16th entry anyway. (this could just be me)

4) This one is just a wish list item:
Being able to bind a key to order the bot your sights are centered on to do a command
(Cover Me, Defend, etc...)

Other that these minor fine tuning thoughts, this is a great game.

[This message has been edited by VEX (edited 12-10-1999).]

Steve18

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
Dead right Vex i know another thing that got me is that if you have been feigning for a while and then a bot walks past he will shoot you

you would hardly know that a corpse on the floor is alive unlsess you saw them feign.

I think epic should adress these issues in they're next patch

AzusaSOB

Dec 7, 1999
www.sobservers.com
1)They probably limited it to 16 bots because more than that would either crash the game or make it really slow, play with 16 bots and get a view of them fighting in an open arean, and even on a powerful computer like mine it starts to slow down with all the progectiles and gibs flying around.

2)Well the bots are smooth like that, depending on the skill level they are at they will either see you no matter what and kill you, but on lower, from personal experience(ummm ok), they dont see me untill i fire at them then they whip around and make salsa out of me.

3)Honestly it may be just you there are 32 bots to randomly choose from and if your choosing 16 the majority will come out of the first 16 so it will seem like its not going above bot 16, or im just stupid and it a bug in the game.

bullet2.gif

People are the root of all problems, no people, no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.