PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for this effect...

RestInPieces
1st Nov 2001, 02:54 PM
Hi ,
i know this isn't exactly a coding-related question, i hope you don't mind, but i thought this might be the place where those who can help me hang out.
I'm looking for a fire effekt, much like UT_FlameExplosion. The problem with UT_FlameExplosion is: the effect is spawned, but then the fire will vanish, i need something like a "constant fire", you know, like a fire burning inside an ofen, or a burning torch or something... i couldn't find something like that in the standard-effects class, so if there's an effekt like somewhere out there, plz let me know. Of course i'd give the person who coded it credit.
Thx, RiP

IntRed
1st Nov 2001, 03:35 PM
why don't you try to map a fire, use sheets and use animated fire texture on it

Postal
1st Nov 2001, 03:50 PM
try the flamem mesh

RestInPieces
5th Nov 2001, 12:01 PM
Well, my fault, i didnt express my self clearly...
What i want to do is to make a pawn burn, this means i want the fire to always be at the same location as the pawn, so i cannot map it.
thanx, RiP

2COOL4-U
5th Nov 2001, 12:23 PM
check www.planetunreal.com/wod it has a tutorial about Burnin pawns :D

HOB
5th Nov 2001, 03:30 PM
if you set the base of an actor to another actor does it automatically set its location to the other actor's location?

RestInPieces
8th Nov 2001, 01:35 PM
@hob: i think so, but im not sure

Btw, tried it out (with the FlameM mesh) works fine, thanks alot!

simianangel
15th Nov 2001, 04:46 AM
you may want to give your fire effect a PHYS_Trailer setting.
then set bTrailerSameRotation to true..
this will keep the fire stuck to the player and turn with them when they are running away flailing!

//take a look at the BloodTrails script, would be nice to see smoking flames trailing after a running victim

Smoke39
15th Nov 2001, 09:17 PM
I like to set an invisible actor's base to the player and have it constantly spawning spriteballchilds.