PDA

View Full Version : Ciced's Place announces Texture Place!

Euphoric Beaver
1st Nov 2001, 08:07 AM
Yep that's right I've made a little part of the site were you can dl textures.
Why is this differant to all the other texture sites?
Well I'll tell you. :)

1) Each catergory is first marked by what the texture is composed of. Ie, Brick, Concrete, Wood ect.
And then splits off into the differant types. Ie, Walls, Floors ect.

2) There are no texture packages but each texture is displayed by it's self. So you dont have to dl a whole texture package for just one texture. :)

3) I only have up pure quality textures. :D

However there isn't alot of textures there yet, but hopefully I'll get Spooge's permission to add his textures. :D

BTW if any of you want to contribute then you can e-mail me. :D

OshadowO
1st Nov 2001, 10:10 AM
if you trying to get me to book mark your site ..well hah it didn't work!
I already had it book marked:D I like the the way you categorised things. Good idea for sure:)

Machismo
2nd Nov 2001, 07:23 AM
go :tup:

great job d00d :D

Euphoric Beaver
2nd Nov 2001, 08:48 AM
:rolleyes: The frelling ftp didn't upload the entire Wood - Trim folder

Now Mach. So nobody hears about this, can you delete your post please. :D

And I've got some more textures and some more of the famous Spooge. :)
But atm I'm learning to code so it will have to wait a couple of days. :(

SUNRISE
2nd Nov 2001, 10:19 AM
Those are some pury metal textures. Who made them? Me wants to get his email and talk to him.

Euphoric Beaver
2nd Nov 2001, 10:31 AM
If you leave your cursor over the texture you get the dimensions then who made it. Then once you've found who made it, goto the Texture Author page and have a peek at his e-mail and website.

But some I forgot who made them. :(

If it's the metal detail textures then Evil Lair proberly made it.
He's got some fantastic textures but I didn't dl the entire texture files. And he doesn't seem to be answering his forum. :(

Oh and SunRise can I put that Helipad texture on?
If so do you have any other useful textures I could put on?

The ultimate novice
2nd Nov 2001, 11:35 AM
Ah, the prodigal sunrise returns. I was wondering when he would see this thread.

Shmitz
2nd Nov 2001, 11:54 AM
Those ones in the Wood->Wall section look more like metal textures to me...

They're nice though :)

SUNRISE
2nd Nov 2001, 04:32 PM
YA sure go for it, that's what those helipads were made for (for people to use). Prodigial. . . . what does that mean? I might have a few more useful ones and if not I could make some just gimme list of what ya want ^_^

Shmitz
2nd Nov 2001, 04:42 PM
Well, prodigal has a meaning (http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=prodigal), but I think in this case it is a reference to a Biblical parable in which a man's son leaves for a long time and then comes back, and everyone rejoices at his return. There a bit more to it than that, but that's the applicable part :p

SUNRISE
2nd Nov 2001, 04:56 PM
Ahh thanks ^_^ Me gives the Ultimate Novice a big hug :D

Euphoric Beaver
3rd Nov 2001, 03:47 AM
Shmitz:
Yeh they were described as metal but I thought they looked more like wood. :) I'll change it if someone else says there metal aswell though.

SunRise:
Thanks. :D
Any textures will do. :)
I'm not quite sure what it needs. :confused:

Oh but can you make me a texture please? :D
I use the attached texture alot for over hangs but could you do me a one that would be seen on the ground?
256 x 256
Like the attached texture but alot more filling so there's hardly any gaps in the mask

GringoLoco
3rd Nov 2001, 12:37 PM
TWO THUMBS UP CICED! :)

...defenitley going to my bookmark list...

Euphoric Beaver
3rd Nov 2001, 05:03 PM
Thanks. :D

I just finished uploading alot of textures from Spooge, some public domain textures left over from Kingpin and Sunrise's famous Helipad texture. :)

Euphoric Beaver
3rd Nov 2001, 05:24 PM
Oh and SunRise.
What's your e-mail address? And do you have a website?

SUNRISE
3rd Nov 2001, 08:31 PM
e-mail: matthest@home.com

Euphoric Beaver
4th Nov 2001, 04:32 AM
Thanks. I'll pop your e-mail up later. :)

LP
4th Nov 2001, 10:13 AM
very good ciced , ill be popping in there very ofter to check for updates

and sweet metal textures , that loof very [ H F X ] (http://www.planetquake.com/hfx)

Euphoric Beaver
5th Nov 2001, 04:13 AM
Yep Limp, from the man himself. Evil Lair. :)

BTW I added about 6 new textures from Desperado. :D

SUNRISE
5th Nov 2001, 08:10 AM
I'll work on it today. For the next week all I am doing is a big ass texture pack for the game I am working on. I will whip that moss texture off as soon as I can. then after this week I am starting on a organic texture pack for you guys. It's gonna have diffrent leaves that you can apply to those new trees that came out, bark, stones, moss, flowers, vines, and a couple other things. But that's not till next week ^_^

Euphoric Beaver
5th Nov 2001, 04:49 PM
Np Sunrise. Take the time you deserve. ;)

BTW when you've finished your textures, can I split them up and put them on the site. Please. :D

SUNRISE
5th Nov 2001, 08:11 PM
Ya you can split them up. Just make sure you also link the full package. I will pimp them in my first ever public map CTF-Jurrasic it's not to be released until late december.