jumping on backs? helping people up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeckonOmega

Meckon (Mech-on)
yes, I realize the insta-fatality thing when you jump on someone or whatever, but if that could be overcome, could there be an option where someone could jump on their kneeling partner to hop a wall?

maybe the helper would have to hit a button to "assume the position."

I donno, just a thought.
sooo hit me with your worst.

p.s. sorry if this has already been suggested, haven't had much free time to be on forums latley

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
I like it...

But many maps would have to be re-released or left behind because of all the new places to climb out of them.

I believe Warren said that some time in the future they would implement climbing on ledges... perhaps that system could be modified after it's done to include climbing on players too.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
sorry, but that sounds a bit like the cs "i'll help you on that ****ing crate so that you can get onto the damn roof and friggin' shoot those mother****ing noobs on the ground with the ****ing awp"

McMuffin

Jul 30, 2000
OR
Is it realistic for actual soldiers to be stopped in their tracks by a fookin crate? If so, we're paying our military *way* too much...

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Errr... that manual someone posted (in "Realistic Examples") lists standing on someone's shoulders as a way of gaining entry to buildings. :D

I think it'd be funny in a sort of "OMFG! How did you get up THERE?" sorta way.

And human towers are comedy itself.

McMuffin

Jul 30, 2000
OR
Whether it's official practice or not, I think soldiers would do it anyway if they *had* to get into a window or over a wall. I'm tired of being blocked by laughably small barriers in the same game where you can run at 30mph carrying 50 lbs of weaponry.

I'm still undecided on whether I want extreme realism in Infiltration. But one thing I'm sure of is that I want a consistent level of realism. I don't quite feel that everything in Infiltration fits together yet. The weapon behavior is very realistic, but the player movement is still somewhat Rambo style.