system requirements ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
are kinda high for UW.. or so i've heard *whistle whistle* :)
Now if you look at Halo (one of the games that im REALLY looking foward to atm) the sysrequirements are a p3 450mhz with a Geforce 2 - and, from what i understand, it looks stunning.
On the same machine, U2 would look crappy and play even worse.
Both Halo and Unreal2 looks amazing and im not going to bagger about "Halo looks better" or "Unreal 2 looks better" but we all agree - both the games looks stunning BUT Halo runs on a less up-to-date machine...

Then I kind of have the feeling that Halo will kick Unreal 2's ass but thats anohter story :]

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
from bungie

What are Halo's system requirements? Halo is being designed to run on the Xbox, which is equipped with 64MB of RAM, a 733Mhz P3-equivalent CPU, a Geforce 3-class graphics card, and a custom sound system. Speculation about the PC requirements of Halo is not useful right now as the PC version has not even been started.

It is assumed that the PC version of Halo will be able to scale down to meet the limits of those with lesser systems, but we don't know anything about this feature(s) at this time.

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
stryker

it says on Halo's site p3 450 128mb ram (i think) and a geforce 2 and I tend to belive it

Halo isnt "designed" specificly for the Xbox - sure it has lots of features on Xbox and Microsoft "bought" halo so itll be released on Xbox first but that really doesnt mean anything

The ingame cinimatics and gameplay movies look a hell of a lot better than U2 Imo - more feel to it

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
The Xbox's graphics chip NV2A is more powerful than the Geforce3's NV20. The main difference is a second vertex shader pipeline and a slightly higher core frequency. Plus it uses a special DirectX version optimized for the NV2A.

I guess to built a PC equally powerful as an Xbox you would need at least a 1GHz CPU with a Geforce3. The PC system requirements stated for Halo are a joke. It's about the same as for U2. We all know that the game will run (if at all) like a slideshow on such a system. Trying to run the game on anything less than 1 GHz machine will be very frustrating, I expect.

System specs for UW?? See http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89297

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
Halo is for defintley not a game to brush off, however I think that it might be fairly one sided. We all know we can excpect a lot from UW an U2. I think the mere fact that the game takes place on a ring world will really limit the locals. I could be wrong but I guess what I am trying to say is I can see more potential with UW. To me that makes it worth paying a couple hundred extra to upgrade my system.

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
SUNRISE

Halo? one sided? okay, scuse me but are you nuts?
First of all, UW is a Multiplayer game ONLY while Halo bring a strong storyline with room for intruiges, cool battle scenes and REALLY cool world! Halo (the world/ring) is awesome! It has everything fro desert like sahara ---deserts--- to what looks to be a wintery climated zones - Vivechles: Driveable air crafts, jeeps, tanks and a hell of a weaponry selection. 10+ Human weapons and 10+ alien weapons.

As far as we know ... Well we dont really konw ANYTHING about UW atm but if one were to compare to u2 from what i've seen from both the games (which is pretty much all - both from halo and u2.. except the new Intro movie to halo thats available on the net - dont wanna see it :) I think Halo looks much better...

Halo one sided? Allow me to make an arrogant smufss
*smuffs*

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
Halo doesn't really brake the mold on anything tho. It's just another FPS that is going to be released. the engine is good, but by the time it is realsed it's won't be that spectacular (compared to its competition) I mean what does it really offer us as players that we can't experience in any other game (thats the question I ask myself before buying any FPS), hence my dislike in Q3. I mean the game I am working on now has driveable vehicles and aircraft that can hold up to 20 players. I think if halo wants to sell in the PC world they have to show why they are diffrent and what it is they offer that no one else does. Unreal did that with its graphics, it's twist on the as per-usual weapons and team features. Again just my opinion here, but halo isn't anything new.
(flame)
PS- It's got purdy reflections tho.
PSS-
it says on Halo's site p3 450 128mb ram (i think) and a geforce 2 and I tend to belive it
Bahaha
(/flame)

PSS- I'm sorry that last one was mean ^_^

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Drevlin
are kinda high for UW.. or so i've heard *whistle whistle* :)
Now if you look at Halo (one of the games that im REALLY looking foward to atm) the sysrequirements are a p3 450mhz with a Geforce 2 - and, from what i understand, it looks stunning.
On the same machine, U2 would look crappy and play even worse.
Both Halo and Unreal2 looks amazing and im not going to bagger about "Halo looks better" or "Unreal 2 looks better" but we all agree - both the games looks stunning BUT Halo runs on a less up-to-date machine...

Then I kind of have the feeling that Halo will kick Unreal 2's ass but thats anohter story :]

eh...I thought this was a UW not U2? But anyway, I'm not really excited for Halo anymore....it's so old and with the big FLOP that Oni was, and their focus anymore for the game is "graphics" I feel there is gonna be very little fun involved, one of those games that makes you go "ooooooo" but it also would make you say "Why am I wasting my time with this piece of garbage?"

that's what I feel about Halo anymore...:(

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
First thing for me in games are atmosphere, not how many people that can ride in a dropship ("flame") ....

If you've seen the latest movies of Halo i think you'll agree it looks kickass.

If you messure a games greatness by its technology its really a big setback!

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
how about DeusEX? it was a really great game, but the technology.. umm.. didn´t differ much from UT´s engine.. the only about new thing ION Storm guys implemented in the game was lip-synch...

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Drevlin

Deus Ex was LICENSED with the build of the engine.. and it gradually went upgrading until the 420 build of UT.. if you dont believe me go check out the readme files of the game.. or deusex sites.

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
Since UT's unofficial recommendations are 500mhz and voodoo2, UW's should be something like 1 ghz and geforce2.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by @kuma
I seriously doubt they were merging their codebase up until 4.20 but I dunno :)

Well, i remember reading the DeusEx me Readme file, and in the FAQ, when they were asking about the D3D drivers.. the answers said that "the game currently supports the D3D drivers found in the 420 patch of UT"... so that was the base from witch i made my last post in this subject..

dont know actually.. the truth about this I mean.

later,
GriNGoLoCo