PDA

View Full Version : New review system.. oh wait..

usaar33
29th Oct 2001, 11:05 PM
It hardly even qualifies as reviews...

Gives little information at best (1 paragraph????????) and no score.
I disagreed with the old scoring system, but I suggested having a criterion, not removing it altogether! :mad:

LCJr.
30th Oct 2001, 11:20 PM
Looks like ModSquad has gone to hell in the proverbial handbasket. Having unmoderated user reviews as the sole ranking is pure stupidity. If your going to have only user reveiwers they need to be moderated to weed out the moronic comments/flames and people either overrating or slamming a mod to support their own personal agenda. Take a look at many mods gets rated low with comments like "(fill-in-blank) rulz, this mod suxors!" Thats personal bias not a reveiw.

Also a cut and paste from a readme file is NOT a review. Bring back the real reviews and separate the reviewer and user rating scores.

Raden
31st Oct 2001, 12:09 AM
That's part of the reason I felt I had to leave. After not being assigned anything (come on. I could have reviewed Mines v2 or any other small mod) for a while, I just wasn't doing anything at all. Now this. I've REALLY got nothing to do so I left. Why should I stay on a site I can't do anything at?

modsquad
31st Oct 2001, 05:58 AM
All right, Curt and I are bringing back the MS reviews.

{SOL}ist{ICE}
31st Oct 2001, 07:03 AM
Ok, working on adding the MS Reviews back into the system. Shouldn't take too long.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

-
Curt

HOB
31st Oct 2001, 02:06 PM
If you bring back the old reviews you should have more then one reviewer review a mod/mutator.

Maybe have 2 or 3 reviewers review the same mod/mutator and then come up with a master review so its not as biased.

modsquad
31st Oct 2001, 02:31 PM
We're going to have just one person to review it, but then the user reviews will either accept or reject the reviewer's comments and opinions.

UnrealGrrl
13th Nov 2001, 03:02 PM
thats great - how much work do ppl think can be done? its not like there are good reviewers breakin down the doors to do regular reviews, are there? :)

combo of MS review along with user comments is pretty cool... go MS go :tup:

modsquad
14th Nov 2001, 03:32 PM
Thanks! It took Curt and me a while to get the reviews brought back, but we finally did it!

Took Curt an entire week almost, and it took me 2 weeks (working up to 4 hours some days) to bring back the old reviews.