PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite weapon in INF

empty
28th Oct 2001, 06:26 PM
I heard that lots of people play INF solely cuz of the weapons. What's your favorite weapon? Mine's that Sig 551 SWAT with laser. :)

TheNut
28th Oct 2001, 06:48 PM
Robar and only the Robar. Hip shooting that thing is sooooo fun.

Mr. HotDog
28th Oct 2001, 06:50 PM
MP5/40A3.

However, the MP5 Navy would be my favorite weapon if it was in-game. *hint* *hint* to INF team ;)

empty
28th Oct 2001, 07:01 PM
Hey does anybody here think the scopes are even a BIT effective????? This unpredictable movement pattern of the scope sorta destroyed its uses; those SF scopes are at least predictable.

Zundfolge
28th Oct 2001, 07:36 PM
empty, you need to control your breathing (there should be a key bound to do just that) while looking through the scopes. Also you shouldn't be running while looking through them either.

ecale3
28th Oct 2001, 07:54 PM
SIG 551 SWAT

empty
28th Oct 2001, 08:40 PM
Breathing control????
I saw nothing about it in the manuals and I didn't see any bind in the Keys menu. What's the command line?

ThunderChunky
28th Oct 2001, 08:43 PM
Just hold the aim key down (usually second mouse button).

Regarding the favorite weapon, most definitely the SAW. :)

Geech
28th Oct 2001, 10:15 PM
Well, my favorite gun, always has been, always will be, is the M16 family of weapons. My favorite of them is the M16A2 and the M4A1. Most people question me why I like them. Here's my reasons:
1. The M16 is a very reliable rifle. If maintained and lubed properly, every 1000 rounds or so, the M16 will serve without a problem, even under harsh battlefield conditions.
2. The M16 is pretty accurate. Yes, the G36 and AUG beats it, but I guess I'm an M16 fanboy.
3. The M16 is quite durable, with the high-tensile strength forged aluminum receivers. Very few rifles are more durable.

ShakKen
28th Oct 2001, 11:00 PM
That's the first time I've heard the M16 called 'durable'.

I've never managed to get an M16 to fire more than 500 rounds without cleaning before getting a stoppage.

yurch
28th Oct 2001, 11:44 PM
The AK.
Why?
Because I use it for all the wrong things :)

Rostam
29th Oct 2001, 01:24 AM
robar when being a sneaky sniper
m16+acog when being a rambo sniper (m16 has less recoil then sig)
mp5 when playing normally (no surpressor cuz... well i dunno why :p)
m9 is my standard sidearms, fast ROF, fast reload, low bulk, easy aim

fun loadout:
ak 3clips + hk69 3nades

jaymian
29th Oct 2001, 01:30 AM
A different weapon each month. I try and see how good I can be with that weapon, then I get bored and switch. For all around ass spanking, I'll use the naked sig. Mmmmmm, naked.
Jaymian

DeRailer
29th Oct 2001, 01:36 AM
Sig551 most of the times. But I'm always changing weapons for different maps now. I don't use the robar much unless it's really a big map like EP or Atoll. Akmsu became one of my favoruite for it's iron sight.

Iceman
29th Oct 2001, 03:33 AM
pffft Sig551 :rolleyes: , LONG LIVE THE M-16A2! ;) .
untill of course the INF team put the AUG in *random wink in ShakKens direction* :p .

Iceman.

G-Fresh
29th Oct 2001, 04:20 AM
The kabar, plain and simple

There's nothing more satisfying than carving up another victim :D

My favourite gun (or 'coward weapon' ;)) has to be the FA MAS, ever since I got used to it, I need no other weapon

FiringAimlessly
29th Oct 2001, 04:47 AM
Happy Camper weapon: Beretta (also skeet-shooting and brutally slaughtering cute little animals :))
Happy Generic weapon: M16A2
Angry weapon: Drummed AK (Yes, I have learned to rush. Bless me, Father, for I have sinned...)
Scared weapon: P90
Agoraphobic weapon: PSG
Masochistic weapons, in order of increasing Masochism: FAMAS, Robar, MP5, SIG, ... any kind of explosive

spm1138
29th Oct 2001, 12:50 PM
MP5 (w/ Aimpoint on open-er or darker maps) & no supressor or plain M16A2 on EP/Cubandawn (But I'm waiting for the G36C. The next best thing to a HK53).

M9 as sidearm.

Keganator
29th Oct 2001, 02:37 PM
Gah...Forever SIG!

Dangerous10K
29th Oct 2001, 02:44 PM
Right now the famas but........must have new shotgun must have new shotgun must have new shotgun screw the saw give me the shottie

Leto
29th Oct 2001, 04:27 PM
M16 or FAMAS or ROBAR !

A_Rimmerlister
29th Oct 2001, 04:40 PM
In 2.86 it's either the SIG + ACOG (or any other weapon with an ACOG-attachment for some light sniping) or
the FN P90 + si.. *ahem* suppressor for CQB.
As far as pistols go the 5-7 is nice and easy to use.

Geech
29th Oct 2001, 04:41 PM
What brand of M16 were you shooting, and what year, or type. My rifle has gone 3000 rounds without stopping once. They can get beat up and still work, thanks to the synthetic handguards and milled receivers. The M16 will generally need to be cleaned every 1000 rounds, and if you do, you most likely wont have probs. Also, what ammo you puttin' through the rifle?

Profe
29th Oct 2001, 06:09 PM
Bwaaaaah NOOooooo
I got beat to being the first to say M-16a2
*ehem* mah favurit gun ar teh M-16a2

McMuffin
29th Oct 2001, 11:21 PM
anything that goes:

*bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang*

*click*

*drop*

*slap*

*bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang*

Sebu_NZ
30th Oct 2001, 01:58 AM
I aint Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp for no good reason.

AKSMU is as close to heaven as you can get in Infiltration.......at the moment.... ;) ;).........

:D

Sparky_NZ
30th Oct 2001, 03:23 AM
mmmm AKSMU. Before that I used the MP5 a lot, but once I saw the light, it was AK all the way. No spray and pray mind you. It's the best mid-range sniping weapon and extremely good close up.

LoTekK
30th Oct 2001, 03:30 AM
m16 all the way... nekkid, of course... :D

btw, am i the only one to notice the irony in sebu's being the kalashnikov pimp but having a sig in his sig? (pun not intended)

Tiffy
30th Oct 2001, 05:26 AM
L85A2 But we ain't got that yet

So.......

Used to be SIG with ACOG
(pretend L85, don't use the burst setting),

but we've just started trying the M16 with ACOG
(pretend L85, just don't use the Burst setting. Hell I never used the Auto setting on my L85 in anger, you can get the rds out nearly as fast in Repetition and more controlled).

LieLestoSbrat
30th Oct 2001, 06:49 AM
My fav gun at the moment is the DEagle as it sounds class, otherwise its the shotgun or m16a2, all with out any attachments of course

[CoFR]DangerMouse
30th Oct 2001, 07:38 AM
Add me to the AKMSU crowd. Fired in short bursts, it's accurate out to medium range. It's also good for laying cover fire at campers so the rest of your team can advance on their position.

I use the AKMSU almost exclusively.

TobiasR
30th Oct 2001, 01:41 PM
P90 all the way!

Huge mag and awesome accuracy evon on long distans with no need for a scope...

/Tobias

empty
30th Oct 2001, 04:36 PM
Damn, change my vote to the M3 shotgun. :) That's the only gun that I use in all of my custom loadouts.

Geech
30th Oct 2001, 08:29 PM
Sorry everybody, but this is a long post. Just apologizin' ahead o' time.

I was reading through the online manual, does anyone know when the M4A1 will be released? Hey ShakKen, out of curiousity, did you or do you serve in any military? As for the M16A2 not being durable, mine hasn't failed me yet. Even Peter Kokalis, SOF, likes the M16A2. In a test done by Kokalis, out of 6000 rounds, it only malfunctioned 2 times. The M16A2 is a very reliable rifle. I have some links:

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/coffee/care.htm

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/coffee/c7shoot.htm

Here's a quote: "(As a little footnote on the reliability of the C-7, there was a time when I fired over 2500 rounds through a C-7A1 without cleaning. I was testing some modifications that had been done to some bolts, then I decided to do some endurance testing. No cleaning, 2500 rounds, NO JAMS. That to me is a testament on how reliable these rifles can be.)"

The C7A1 is the M16A2 with full-auto instead of 3 round burst, and the A1 rear sights.

http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite&naventryid=156

Here are some quotes from here: "First off the AR-15 is a rather lightweight rifle and itís easy to hold and carry. The inline stock (and pistol grip) help reduce the recoil and muzzle rise. Since it is a cousin to the militaryís M16 it has had the benefit of over 30 years of upgrade programs making it a very durable and reliable rifle. Also, due to its similarity to the M16 (like I was issued in the military) I am very familiar with how they function and how to handle one."

" 'Why not get an AK? They are considered more reliable and can be almost as lightweight. The 7.62x39 penetrates cover better and is even cheaper than 5.56. Both the rifles and magazines are cheaper!' Reliability superiority claims aside, if you care for your AR it wonít let you down; if you are a peasant who needs to be told not to defecate in the drinking water supply then stick with the AK."

http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite&naventryid=192

Here's some quotes from this site: "My BM (Bushmaster) M4 is up to 7000 rounds with no cleaning, just a shot of CLP before heading out to the range. It is truly filthy, but it runs along fine. My only stoppages happened when trying out a brass catcher, where brass would occasionally bounce back into the action. Using a barrier to catch brass instead resulted in no stoppages. This most recent ammo was Win Q3131, which is a bit dirtier than the SA (South African) and Fed AE ammo that I had been shooting. Still, the 2000-stamped Q3131 worked fine, unlike some of those early 99-production lots."

"I'm probably gonna give up and clean the thing. At this point, it has proved plenty reliable enough, but it's getting my case dirty now.
Note that this upper has a 5.56 chamber, and is fully chrome-lined, which help assure reliable feeding and extraction. Your results, especially with tight, out-of-round, off-center, or unlined chambers may vary."

"Just so it's clear: this wasn't 7000 in one single session, but over almost a year, typically about 400-600 rounds per outing. I was specifically testing reliability in a situation where cleaning wasn't possible. As I said, I *did* squirt a big shot of CLP onto the bolt carrier before each outing, so there was *some* passive cleaning, but no bore snakes, patches, cleaning rods, solvant, etc."

"Keld, one of our members from Denmark, reports that during their trials before adopting the Canadian C7A1 (a flat-top M16A3), they had a similar test that reached 15000 rounds before failure."

Sebu_NZ
30th Oct 2001, 09:31 PM
Lotekk I'll waste you! :D

Yeah i do know and it sickens me everytime I look at my sig, but the fact of the matter is that I couldn't find a picture of the AKSMU to suit my needs. If there is one then I would love that person and marry her/him.

FiringAimlessly
30th Oct 2001, 11:53 PM
First result in Google with keyword "akmsu": INF Armory

Also a suggestion that I might've meant "AMSU" >_<

I've found a picture <a href="http://www.is.lt/atas/KALASAI/ak.html">here</a>...

But nearly everything else I found involved INF. :con:

Zach10k
31st Oct 2001, 12:14 AM
If there is one then I would love that person and marry her/him.
Her/him? lol. My fav gun depends greatly on the map, but overall I probably use a nekkid M16 for midrange fighting, a scoped SG551 for longrange, and the p90, (unsuppressed, I like the INF gun sounds:D) for CQB. Been pulling out the AK more and more however, with clips.... although there have been some days when my ping was over 500 and I just slapped a drum on it and hoped to hit something (bows head with shame). Really does depend on the map and the people I'm playing with though. I do regularily use every last weapon, just some more that others.

[DiE]Viperian
31st Oct 2001, 04:18 AM
Sig + acog forever.

GenoOfTheCrayon
1st Nov 2001, 07:03 PM
I've only found 3 weapons I really cherish. Firstly, I love the DE. When you hold it, you just get a feeling of power, like your a shooting ace. Secondly, the shotgun. This weapon led me from n00b-hood to where I am now, and I'll never forget it's accuracy, power, and overall r0x0r-iness that you can only get from this fine weapon. My last, but not least, favorite gun of all, is of course the M-16A2. I use it for when I'm rambo-snipering or in CQB, and all of the time I use an ACOG. Of all, my personal favorite gun is the Desert Eagle Magnum Research handgun.

RAZZ
1st Nov 2001, 08:38 PM
My Brain :D

Next up would have to be the m-16 203 combo for all around effectiveness.
when I go inside, I switch to the de.
youd be suprised the number of folks Ive capped from behind while using one of those ;)

FiringAimlessly
2nd Nov 2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by RAZZ
My Brain

- Help! I can't find it in the loadout config screen!

TheSmisker
2nd Nov 2001, 08:15 AM
The AK is superb, I find it's sighting system to be the best. On second, the SIG, sighting again. Cant stand the F90 sighting, neither MP5 with Aimpoint

Troubleshooter
2nd Nov 2001, 03:37 PM
frag grenade: nuff said :D BOOMshakalaka!! BOOMshakalaka!! BOOMshakalaka!!

R-Force
2nd Nov 2001, 03:59 PM
My best weapon online : p90 (the only sight i can use really well)

My second choice : plain m16 (i think i was the first to use it plain)

My sidearm : DE

Battosai
2nd Nov 2001, 04:03 PM
Put me down for the M16 with and without the M203

oh and never with a scope.

Iceman
3rd Nov 2001, 12:40 AM
As i said, M16A2 sometimes with the M203 or ACOG depending on the map. on maps like DM-INF-SealMission i take the M16 with M203 ;) .
On maps like DM-Flight 127 i take the P90 with the Five-seveN ;) .

Iceman.

Prowler
3rd Nov 2001, 12:46 AM
M16A2 with 2 mags. Nothing more nothing less

Iceman
3rd Nov 2001, 12:54 AM
2 mags!!! i take all i can .

Iceman.

striderteen
3rd Nov 2001, 01:07 AM
AKMSU with a drum and three backup mags for close.
M-16 with M-203 for medium
SIG 551 with ACOG for long

Always a Beretta for backup.

Kuroshio Apocal
3rd Nov 2001, 01:24 AM
For CQB and short range combat - M3 Super 90.
For medium and long range combat - M16A2.

Although I occassionally dance with the Devil with two guns, whenever I am playing seriously I carry just one, and never a backup weapon. Reloading is more effective.