PDA

View Full Version : Real fast weapon request: the Telezipper

Nemephosis
28th Oct 2001, 01:54 PM
It would be called the Telezipper, cause it would let you zip around a map like Superman.

Basically it is this:

Shock rifle model

and it fires an invisible beam. Wherever the beam hits, you're translocated there. Watch those walls, you could fall to your death!

It should be made to not telefrag though. (I think that can be done, right?) That would suck. Huge-ass long distance telefraggings... not what I had in mind for this.

It would be a method of transportation, basically.

And you already can't xloc with a flag so it wouldn't be too cheap.

Would someone mind taking 20 minutes to code it up, perhaps?

Psycho_Leech
28th Oct 2001, 04:13 PM
Sounds simple enough, use shockrifle trace code, instead of spawning an impact ring, spawn a translocator target, and then either teleport instantly or with use of altfire. A difficult to use version is on u4e, which I never got the handle of, but this would have more use, and effectiveness, and range. Stopping telefrags shouldn't be too difficult either, as the beam checks what it hit, I think if you shoot someone with it, it should reverse telefrag you, just to teach you a lesson about weapon usage.
Bot coding will probably be identical to that of the translocator, I haven't tried changing the translocator coding but I probably won't understand it, I'll just tell the bots to use the zipper like the translocator.
I'm going to be on holiday in Lyme-regis(not sure how it's spelt) for a short while, but I'll try it when I get back if it isn't already done by someone else.

someguy_99
28th Oct 2001, 06:56 PM
Whoa! I never knew you could change your name! I'm off to do it. And could someone tell me how to put those pictures under your name?

Nemephosis
28th Oct 2001, 07:25 PM
Gotta get a BuF mod to do it, sorry. :)

As for the avatar, there's an option in your user cp somewhere. Avatars can be no larger than 100x100, and kilobyte limit is 15K.

Postal
29th Oct 2001, 04:24 PM
if you could telefrag with it, it could make an interesting insta-gib game

Kangus
29th Oct 2001, 04:36 PM
yeah, I like the idea of using it as an alternate to instagib.... Telegib.

Nemephosis
29th Oct 2001, 10:54 PM
I'd make it myself, but I wouldn't know the first thing. I can't grasp the concept of coding for UT.

Any volunteers? :D

/me sees the thread empty of all potential visitors ;)

Kangus
30th Oct 2001, 12:04 AM
maybe I'll whiop it up and add it to the WoD mod

Nemephosis
30th Oct 2001, 12:53 AM
So in other words it's never being released. ;):D

Psycho_Leech
1st Nov 2001, 12:40 PM
This is a telezipper thing, it works, but it doesn't teleport you everywhere, in a small room it doesn't often work, or if you hit one of the two pillars on the top of facing worlds, you won't teleport, shooting someone with it will disrupt the beam, killing you, haven't tried shooting at the floor to telefrag, i'll put options in to allow telefrags later, there's no alt fire yet, but I'm thinking of firing a projectile like the translocator target, but translocates immediatly on contact.
I doesn't seem to work with worm, and it's deliberatly small, I haven't tried a mutator yet, but I think I know where the last mutator I did went wrong, I didn't save it!

Edit:
I've now skinned the GAR/T, it now has a symbol on top of it, put fatness back to 128 so the symbol can be seen. E-GAR/T now added, use the Telezipper: Telegib mutator, the mutator isn't just called Telegib because then it wouldn't next to the Telezipper.

Nemephosis
1st Nov 2001, 05:29 PM
hey, thanks a lot :)

maybe it can be refined to work better yet? :)

Nemephosis
1st Nov 2001, 05:49 PM
It horribly failed to work except on a couple different walls and a crate.

But something very, very unexpectedf happened that I liked a LOT.

I fired it at a Shield Belt hoping to teleport there. I didn't teleport but I got the shield belt. :con:

so I tried it with other things. I picked up a Flak Cannon, Jump Boots and a Ripper all from one spot. :eek:

I loved that!

I got a better idea for a truly great tool (I wouldn't call it a weapon)

Primary fire shoots a blue beam (I like the fact there's no sound in that) and the blue beam picks things up. I know it can be done now cause I just did it.

Secondary could fire an orange beam that teleports you wherever it hits. Telefrags may be possible, maybe not. Need some input on this if it will be put in the WoD mod or not.

I got a name of it, courtesy of Cortex: the GAR. Grab-and-run :)
"You got the GAR."

Could you do that please? make it do that stuff? :) Would be much appreciated, thanks.

hey that's perfect. Create maybe a small mod menu thingy allowing for optional telefrags. Maybe. :)

I don't wanna seem too demanding here or anything. :)

thanks again

Psycho_Leech
2nd Nov 2001, 10:55 AM
I'll try that, I was looking for a alt mode that didn't fire a projectile, so as to avoid looking like a simpile mod of the shock rifle, as for the menu, I'll just have a text file for now, and if required code up a seperate app with Visual Basic instead of making a UMenu (for now) since I don't know how to make a Menu but I figure it probably isn't too difficult.

Nemephosis
2nd Nov 2001, 06:50 PM
I hope it's soon, this is sounding cool :)

someguy_99
2nd Nov 2001, 07:46 PM
How about you make the alt the same, but with the combo attack, you teleport there instead of an explosion.

Nemephosis
2nd Nov 2001, 09:48 PM
Nah, that kind of ruins a great idea I had. :p

Besides he DIDN'T want it to be a knockoff of the shock rifle.

Psycho_leech, would it alsop be possible to stick a lightnong bolt design on the top of the GAR?

Psycho_Leech
4th Nov 2001, 01:30 PM
I'm not going to do someguy's idea of the altfire for the exact reasons Nemephosis said.
I'm trying to make the mutator work, but I think I can get it to work, I thought it went wrong but I think part of botpack.u was accidently modified or something, thus erasing the first weapon from everyone's inventory(I haven't loaded up UT since then, might just be tempary).
As for the bolt idea, I'd like to, but haven't been able to skin a mesh properly, I'm not sure what I need to do with the import coding, but if I can work that out, the bolt shouldn't be too difficult.(I hope!)

Nemephosis
4th Nov 2001, 01:44 PM
OK well never mind that then. I'm just more interested in seeing it work, properly too ;)

You're making a mutator too? It could replace the Impact Hammer, in that case. I never ever use it offline.

Psycho_Leech
5th Nov 2001, 12:46 PM
It works better now, altfire works, it gives you the telezipper without replacing anything, but I would recommend backing up your botpack.u file!
I think I cured the lag with checking the best place to go, but I haven't tried it yet.

Nemephosis
5th Nov 2001, 03:37 PM
back up botpack.u? My God man what did you do to it!? ;) :con:

Nemephosis
5th Nov 2001, 03:55 PM
Hmmm. It doesn't work better than the first version. Secondary does the same as primary in this version, but primary still teleports me around, on the things that will work anyway. (one floor, a crate, and a wall)

Secondary fires the beam and makes the teleporting animation/sound but I stay in the same spot.

The old one was better cause when I teleport there's this red haze that blocks my view momentarily.

Keep trying, I guess, it can only get better. :D

I appreciate you doing this too :)

Postal
5th Nov 2001, 05:32 PM
I dont see whats so hard about that

spawn effect
ownerlocation=hitlocation

or somesuch

Nemephosis
5th Nov 2001, 06:54 PM
He might be somewhat green at this, Postal. We don't know unless we ask. He's sure done more than I know how to do. All I can do is make weapons shoot different things from the console.

Postal
5th Nov 2001, 07:49 PM
What all is he tring to do, I might be able to offer a suggestion.

Nemephosis
5th Nov 2001, 08:47 PM
From an earlier post, in part:

Primary fire shoots a blue beam (I like the fact there's no sound in that) and the blue beam picks things up. I know it can be done now cause I just did it.

Secondary could fire an orange beam that teleports you wherever it hits. Telefrags may be possible, maybe not. Need some input on this if it will be put in the WoD mod or not.

I got a name of it, courtesy of Cortex: the GAR. Grab-and-run
"You got the GAR."

that's it.

Postal
6th Nov 2001, 05:16 AM
Why not make 2 versons a Tele-Zip and a Tele-Gib, so you have a transloc replacement, and a insta-gib replacemtn

Postal
6th Nov 2001, 05:17 AM
Tele-Gib need not pickthings up, for there are no pickups in insta-gib

Psycho_Leech
6th Nov 2001, 12:14 PM
Primary zips you around, altfire picks things up from a distance, it works on facing worlds, not on some others though, no idea why, it could be to do with the fact that you can probably shoot a beam into areas a translocator disc wouldn't fit, I could possibly make it fire an invisible, very quick, projectile and keep the beam effect, it would be the same size as a translocator disc, and so make telezipping around easier, as for the telegib, I was thinking of putting a property on the telezipper which is added when you use the telegib mutator, allowing telefrags.

Nemephosis
6th Nov 2001, 03:55 PM
*cough*gigantic run-on sentence*cough* ;)

so what are you saying then? :)

You saying you can make it easier to zip around? Cool. Too bad the Telefragorator mutator isn't still around (no one can seem to find it again) or I'd say look at the code there and see what he did with that.

Altfire should pick things up, yeah, but I'm still not sure about the telefrags part. Maybe make it an optional thing in the mod menu, so that if you want telefrags you can have them, or if you just want the tool itself (like me) you don't have to worry about telefrags.

Psycho_Leech
7th Nov 2001, 01:23 PM
I MIGHT be able to get it to work better, I get thursday off as normal at college and friday is off as well due to the carnival, so in four days I might be able to get something working, does anyone know of any particular differences between the way lavagiant and facing worlds are built?
Alt-fire always seems to work, it's tricky, but it works.(Aim for the floor benath it, not for the weapon itself.)
What I have thought about doing, is changing the beam effect to look like the player, so they appear to zoom across in primary mode.
I'll put a property in that is read from a .ini file sometime.
I'm guessing you think I have problems with punctuation?

Nemephosis
7th Nov 2001, 04:51 PM
Well I did put a winky there so there was nothing meant by that at all.

To be honest I don't care how it works, seeing as I don't code and I doubt I would be able to tell the difference anyway, just that I shoot a floor/wall/whatever and I go there. :D

Is it possible to strip out all the effects except for the xloc-type particle cloud left after a teleport?

See what happened was with the newer one when I teleported this red haze blocked my view for a moment, which never happened in the first one. The insta-beam also made rocket explosions. Can you just take the primary beam and colour it orange? (or green preferably, green is my fave colour :)) and then use that for secondary, which grabs items.

That would be cool. If you wanted to cheat a little you could swipe Colormatch's green ASMD beam texture. That way it's already done. :D

Psycho_Leech
8th Nov 2001, 12:43 PM
What I could do, is take out the blast effect at the end, and just have a green beam (probably taken from the bolt on the end of the pulse gun), that way, there wouldn't be a scorch mark at the end, which would make more sense, since it doesn't blow things to bits. I could take the translocator lights and use a different coloured beam for each team in team games, and would be more easily recognised than an asmd beam.

Nemephosis
8th Nov 2001, 02:00 PM
As long as it works and there's nothing terribly fancy about the grab beam, I don't care what you do to get the teleporting thing to work :)

Psycho_Leech
9th Nov 2001, 12:51 PM
Wouldn't Grab-At-Range be more suitible than Grab-And-Run?

Psycho_Leech
9th Nov 2001, 03:36 PM
I've put the latest version on the first post, works a hell of a lot better now.
As for beam colour, I'm going to sort that out once I disconnet and get back to unrealed.

Nemephosis
9th Nov 2001, 11:18 PM
Well I was thinking Grab-And-Run cause you can get items from a distance, and if you have to get away, you can "telezip" there or however it is you get it to work.

New version? sweeeet :)

Nemephosis
10th Nov 2001, 12:24 AM
OMG it works great! awesome stuff man. :D

Psycho_Leech
11th Nov 2001, 04:12 PM
I called it the Grab-At-Range/Telezipper, or GAR/T for short, because primary telezips you around, and altfire grabs at range, the slash is because it's two different modes, you can, unfortunatly, now telezip with the flag:( but I'll try and fix it.
Then I need to skin it.

Nemephosis
11th Nov 2001, 05:13 PM
:con:

I never tried that (only in DM) but gnyaaa..... that's bad.

Psycho_Leech
12th Nov 2001, 12:07 PM
I'll try and fix it and skin it, but for now I have some BLOODY HOMEWORK!!!:mad::mad::mad:
What does ECW stand for?

Smoke39
12th Nov 2001, 04:05 PM
Eat Corn-flavored Wombats.

Nemephosis
12th Nov 2001, 06:06 PM
Yeah, homework sucks. No big rush though. ;)

ECW stands for Extreme Championship Wrestling. They have since been bought out by Vince McMahon who now owns the WWF, WCW and ECW. Yes, he literally 0wnz wrestling.

Smoke39
12th Nov 2001, 08:28 PM
Not Electromagnetic Corn Waffle(s)?

Nemephosis
12th Nov 2001, 10:27 PM
No.

And This topic is going Extremely Cliffbound at Warpspeed (ie. off topic) so how about a news update on that GAR/T? Anything, nothing yet, homework sucks?

Psycho_Leech
13th Nov 2001, 01:44 PM
No real progress at the moment, the GAR/T uses Electromagnetic Corn Waffles as a power source, though.

FireSlash
13th Nov 2001, 05:16 PM
rofl. i would love to see the pickup model for that :lol:

Nemephosis
13th Nov 2001, 05:18 PM
so THAT'S how it happens!

Well, it works and that's really all I care about. ;)

You can fix the flag-telezip thing if you want but it really doesn't matter to me. If you get my drift ;)

*psst, keep that :D*

Smoke39
13th Nov 2001, 07:37 PM

Psycho_Leech
18th Nov 2001, 02:28 PM
Check the first post, when in the Pain thread I said I didn't know how to skin, I made a change to the telezipper skin, assumed it would stay the normal shockrifle skin, saved it, then looked at the WoD forums. I have to get out of the habit of assuming one line of coding isn't going to change everything, it did for the GAR/T.
Nemephosis, you did say green was your favourate colour, although the telegib skin is probably not quite what you were thinking.
I'm now going to fix the telezip with flag problem, and try to make others drop the flag if you shoot them with the altfire.
TELEGIB IS TOTALLY CRAZY!!!

Nemephosis
18th Nov 2001, 05:31 PM
Actually I asked if you could make the alt beam green instead of orange. The skin was fine..... why, what did you do to it now!? ;)

I'll find out I guess :)

[edit] 929K!?

That's, um, quite the jump in file size isn't it, about 90-fold..... must have had to make a new texture. eugh.... I hope this is good man :)

[edit2] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE.... WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOOONE........

The beam should be green, not the skin! It looks like a mutant! :D

No no no I asked if the secondary beam could be made green.... not the skin! :)

Although on a side note I liked the way the previous version worked. I dunno, this one doesn't seem to want to work all the time. Very strange.

Although what I do like is the secondary beam looks to be a little softer and smoother looking than the UT Shockrifle beam. I like that. Now just make that green, fix the shin again and that's it, perfect stuff. :D

Psycho_Leech
19th Nov 2001, 12:22 PM
The primary works alright in my experience.
The beam is green if you are on the green team.(I could make the default beam green, though.)
Yeah, it is quite a jump in file size, because of the skins, I didn't have specific intentions to make the Telegib skin that colour, I played around with some effects, and produced that, it does look a bit wierd.
BTW, the alt beam can hit assault objectives and control points in Domination, as well as normal pickups, could probably set off U4E grenades set on proxomity, haven't tried it, hitting opponents with the alt-fire beams them to you like weapons, causing them to telefrag you(Might make it so they just appear in front of you instead).
Thinking of putting orange stripes down the side of the gun model, what do you think?
Note: Don't try using telegib and tallyho together.

Psycho_Leech
20th Nov 2001, 12:43 PM
Ever tried Telegib on MetalDream?
I've never won a domination game by THAT much!
I've made a few changes, but not posting another version yet.
All I really need to change is that when you hold down altfire, it doesn't work properly until you release.

Nemephosis
20th Nov 2001, 02:20 PM
Forgive the horrible quoting but I don't feel like doing it right, too much work. Any comments I make will have a ... in front of them.

Originally posted by Psycho_Leech
The primary works alright in my experience.
The beam is green if you are on the green team.(I could make the default beam green, though.)

... yes, that would be what I asked ;) thanks

Yeah, it is quite a jump in file size, because of the skins, I didn't have specific intentions to make the Telegib skin that colour, I played around with some effects, and produced that, it does look a bit wierd.

... It's not bad looking (the blue definitely looks better than the green) but do you think maybe you can just use the original again? the file size would be 10K again :)

BTW, the alt beam can hit assault objectives and control points in Domination, as well as normal pickups, could probably set off U4E grenades set on proxomity, haven't tried it, hitting opponents with the alt-fire beams them to you like weapons, causing them to telefrag you(Might make it so they just appear in front of you instead).

...I like all that stuff. Will have to try the DOM thing. And the thing that puts guys in front of you instead of into you is a lot better too :)

Thinking of putting orange stripes down the side of the gun model, what do you think?

... would it need to be another whole new skin? If so, it's a lotta file size for a small stripe.
Note: Don't try using telegib and tallyho together.

... Good idea :D

Psycho_Leech
21st Nov 2001, 12:56 PM
I'll either make the beam green by default, or make it optional, (hopefully client-side, like Q3A's railgun)
I don't want to use excacly the same shock rifle skin, but I might make the telegib version just use the normal GAR/T skin, but with an orange core. Don't worry about the stripe, I added it to the skin and replaced the old skin.
If you shoot the alt mode into water, the player gasps for breath, you might be able to get more oxygen with the alt-beam when underwater, but haven't tried it.
Yeah, the alt beam will put players in front of you, standing on the edge of the building in facing worlds would be interesting, you will still get telefragged with the normal GAR/T for that reason.

Psycho_Leech
21st Nov 2001, 04:04 PM
In order to cut down the file size, this version only has the .u file, and a new texture, the line only appears if you set your weapon handedness to left handed.
On facing worlds, shooting the enemy flag carrier with the GAR/T's altfire from the top of the building is an effective tactic, seeing the flag carrier jumping clean off the building unintentionally into oblivion has a certain satisfying touch to it.
You can use the GAR/T to keep a flag carrier from going into the distance whilst a teammate lays into them with something.
They only drop the flag if they are on your team.
You have to import the texture using unrealed, so as to reduce file size.
And yes, the beam is green by default, I'm not going to change the E-GAR/T skin, it seems too fitting with the green beam.

Psycho_Leech
21st Nov 2001, 04:17 PM
The files here are just the updated ones.

EDIT:
Now added config file, so you can choose which beam colour you want and wether or not to use team colours.
There isn't a umenu because I have no idea how to make one yet, it's fairly obvious but in case you're not sure what number means what:
0=Red
1=Blue
2=Green
3=Yellow
ForceBeamColor disables team colours if true.

Nemephosis
23rd Nov 2001, 03:57 PM
Real clever, you added your avatar into it :D

OK so I cheated and used the PCX file. ;)

Question: why is it now left-handed? aside from showing off the decal..... I can not use left handed weapons. I totally suck at aiming, it just can't be done.

Beams are still blue.

Not too much change from last time really, but I like how the beam looks more "solid" than the standard Shock Rifle beam.

Psycho_Leech
24th Nov 2001, 09:48 AM
The model is now left handed because the translocator is, left-handed aiming isn't that difficult in my expirince.(The E-GAR/T is also used as a weapon as well as a transportation device, so I'll probably make that right-handed again)
Which decal do you mean it shows off? putting it that way hid the line, (but I'll probably put a bolt on the side)
Beams are blue if you're on the blue team. If you set your team to blue on deathmatch, might make it blue, in that case, pick green.
Grabbing players needs to be changed a bit, it's a touch glitchy and has caused players to vanish with a telefrag message(only once, though). You don't get telefragged with the normal GAR/T.
Then I will make the E-GAR/T destroy assault objectives.

Nemephosis
24th Nov 2001, 11:41 AM
Would it be possible to make the beam green despite what colour team you're on?

Yeah left handed aiming is very difficult for me. I can't get used to the position of the weapon :) Could you possibly change it back for those whose aim is bad enough already? ;)

the E-GAR/T assault thing isn't really necessary cause I hate assault real bad. But I also noticed I'm not the only one downloading this (would you guys speak up already!? ;)) so you can add that if you like. I just don't like assault personally.

Yeah I have already telefragged guys with the alt on the GAR/T when it should have pulled them toward me.

Psycho_Leech
24th Nov 2001, 02:38 PM
Now you can't pick objects and people up at the same time, no update on here yet, but I think I fixed telefragging with the altbeam by doing that.
I could change the beam to always being green, but I don't want to, as for the assault thing, I'll probably give players an impact hammer that only works on assault objectives or something, or the altbeam can kill assault objectives.
I like assault, so expect something.(Acctually, I perfer a modified version where each player only gets five lives)

Nemephosis
24th Nov 2001, 03:46 PM
do you still have the previous version? The one before the left handed one. It worked just as well and pointed the way I can use ;)

thanks

EvilDrWong
25th Nov 2001, 11:10 AM
dont you love it when people ask you to do something for them, but then get REALLY bossy with things? I sure do!

Nemephosis
25th Nov 2001, 03:35 PM
I do, it's great. I also love it when people make comments on threads when they don't know crap all about the people posting in it.

EvilDrWong
25th Nov 2001, 05:59 PM
actually i know a bit more than you think. I know that youre rather quick to try and defend yourself, and i also know that youre a reviewer who wants to learn UScript but shows no dedication at all. I also know that you try and act like bad **** to the newbies just because youve been in the community longer. I think it would be a wise choice to let off the macho thing. Ive got no problems with you personally, you seem like a decent guy when youre not busy trying to be the big ****, but other than that i have noticed that you manage to make enemies more than friends. try charm. And i know youre gonna say something about my not posting or talking or even pretending to care about peoples problems when they ask for help, go for it, it would just prove my point. As well as the notion ive got that youre gonna take a shot at my people skills. So what if i make snide comments every month or so? my snide comments may be smart-assed, but at least ive got a little backing to what im saying. and who gives half a crap if i dont care what (most) any of you think about me? its not like i make any kind of impact on your lives. if im that bad a guy just ignore me.

Nemephosis
25th Nov 2001, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by EvilDrWong
actually i know a bit more than you think. I know that youre rather quick to try and defend yourself, and i also know that youre a reviewer who wants to learn UScript but shows no dedication at all.

I'll leave out the rest cause the other stuff that was said about me doesn't really matter to be, but this I'll address.

You're half right on these statements.

Yes I'll try and defend myself, why should I not? I don't have to take crap. That is correct.

I am a reviewer, but it's not that I don't WANT to learn Uscript, it's that I can't. I just don't understand the stuff. I've read code, I've tried tutorials and still I'm too damn stupid to understand it. It's no wonder I got no motivation to learn, I can't learn. I just don't understand it. And nothing works, so why try? I've read tutorials and once it gets past 4 lines, forget it, I'm lost.

And I don't act bad to newbies unless they start with me first.

dont you love it when people ask you to do something for them, but then get REALLY bossy with things? I sure do!

EvilDrWong
25th Nov 2001, 06:43 PM
hahaha, callin me a newbie. ah! my ego!

it just seems that you take everything as a shot to yourself, when in a handfull of cases ive observed thats not the case. youre quick to jump and defend yourself when you have no reason to. So it makes you seem overbearing (haha, like ive got room to talk eh?)

EvilDrWong
25th Nov 2001, 06:50 PM
Oh! i found a little problem with the telezipper. its kinda easy to telefrag people with it actually. just aim real close to their feet. Im sure it could be fixed rather easily with a check on distance for all the closest actors or whatever, but i thought id mention it, since i didnt see anyone else say anything about it. Mad props on the weapon though, its hella snazzy.

ah, there we go, theres a newer version. Dont know if that problem was fixed or not, so ill leave this post up just in case it actually helps.

Nemephosis
25th Nov 2001, 07:12 PM
Oh! i found a little problem with the telezipper. its kinda easy to telefrag people with it actually. just aim real close to their feet. Im sure it could be fixed rather easily with a check on distance for all the closest actors or whatever, but i thought id mention it, since i didnt see anyone else say anything about it. Mad props on the weapon though, its hella snazzy.

ah, there we go, theres a newer version. Dont know if that problem was fixed or not, so ill leave this post up just in case it actually helps.

Hmm, is that primary fire or secondary?

Good eye man, I never noticed.

EvilDrWong
26th Nov 2001, 07:49 AM
its primary. all youve got to do is aim it so that you telezip so that youre encroaching just a little on their collision cylinder, which kinda takes a bit of practice to get right, but its not supposed to happen anyway. Kinda caught me off guard, cause i was trying to bail out of the firefight and accidentally hit the button before i aimed anywhere else and BAMMO, the guy was a few dozen parts flying about DM-Hyperblast. Its really cool otherwise, it works perfect for me. I think the way to fix the grabbing problem is the same way they did the volatile ammo thing, just have something in the mutator that makes every ammo actor collide with everything. i dont remember what it was, but i know it wasnt the bCollideWorld and bCollideActors variables though. I think it was one of those SetCollision(true, true, true); things (i cant remember what it is, i dont have UT over here... damn friends not having the stuff i need :P)

Psycho_Leech
26th Nov 2001, 12:47 PM
Some time ago I did say about how you might be able to telefrag like that, on the first post I think it was, I have done that, if I could somehow make the mutator check telefrags and the players weapon, then that could be fixed. I know players cannot telefrag bots on the same side(but vise-versa is possible:mad: ), so it should be possible.
(Tallyho stops telefrags as well)

Nemephosis
26th Nov 2001, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Psycho_Leech
Some time ago I did say about how you might be able to telefrag like that, on the first post I think it was, I have done that, if I could somehow make the mutator check telefrags and the players weapon, then that could be fixed. I know players cannot telefrag bots on the same side(but vise-versa is possible:mad: ), so it should be possible.
(Tallyho stops telefrags as well)

I musta missed that line then.

Psycho_Leech
29th Nov 2001, 05:02 PM
A new version is avalible on one of the posts where I just added modififed files, it now has options for modifying beam colours and disabling team colours.
And yes, Nemephosis, it's already set up for all beams to be green.
Telefrag bug not fixed yet.

someguy_99
30th Nov 2001, 04:10 PM
After you work all the bugs out, could you send a version to that_neil_man@hotmail.com? For some reason my computer won't download things from here properly.

Nemephosis
1st Dec 2001, 12:39 PM
I was gonna write a post about how nothing had changed, but I downloaded the wrong version. LOLOL

I got the newest one finally, I'll try it out :D

man I feel dumb :)

Nemephosis
1st Dec 2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by someguy_99
After you work all the bugs out, could you send a version to that_neil_man@hotmail.com? For some reason my computer won't download things from here properly.

How are you doing it? Clicking the link?

are you using IE6?

If so, you have to choose "save" not "open" otherwise it will try just opening the file on the net.

Nemephosis
1st Dec 2001, 07:20 PM
Psycho_Leech: the telezipper's pretty much perfect now, just need to make it right handed again ;)

love the beam textures, they're more solid-looking than the Shock beam. Nice stuff :tup:

you should leave the telefrag thing in, if anyone can consistently hit the ground that close to someone without messing it up, they should be allowed to get a kill ;)

someguy_99
1st Dec 2001, 07:41 PM
Tryed what you said, didn't work. Could you send it to me now someone? And could someone PLEASE reply to my post in general discussion?