PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting players for the best mod IMO

MĘST
28th Oct 2001, 01:18 PM
Excessive Overkill

I have tried almost every mod but even though they are all good there is one that I keep coming back to.

Excessive uses regular Ut weapons/maps/skins but it adds power to the weapons. Exploding bullets, three pulse balls instead of one chain reaction shock combos etc etc. It turns of self damage and increases your health to 300 nad also regenerates your health. It is balanced very well. Each wepon can be used at a specific time.

go here (http://www.planetunreal.com/utxtreme) for more info and downloading locations

I prefer CTF like ost others. The competition is stiff and there is even a league (UTX) for the best.

One of the servers link is on the main planetunreal site on the left under UnrealTOurnament/PlanetUnreal Servers. It is called Clark Kent's Crib. Another popular server is Hall of Souls which you can find using the built in Excessive Server Browser

Download it, play it, and tell me what you think

Anymore questions/comments fell free to post

Hope to see ya

Raden
28th Oct 2001, 02:58 PM
It completely sucked ass on my old computer (the one my family uses)

but on my computer, it is sweetness....

great now I wanna go play some. :p

My best accomplishment was 200 frags without a death, in Excessive. (thanks to the regenerating health that is)

Big giB
28th Oct 2001, 03:49 PM
Bah, to me, it's just regular UT with half the FPS, and I usually get 10 :P

MĘST
28th Oct 2001, 05:01 PM
yeah you do have to have a nice machine but if you meet the stiff requirements it is a hell of a mod. the best part is its fast paced action.

because there is no self-damage rocket jumps are possible that can launch you from one side of a map to another

im gonna go try and get in a game now

nem: i hope to see you in a game sometime

Raden
28th Oct 2001, 05:15 PM
There's like zero chance of seeing me in a game. I never play online these days unless it's UT with my brother or something.

MĘST
28th Oct 2001, 06:04 PM
its more fun online because the bot support sux

but there are problems with online as well. nobody likes the spamming that oftne takes place or instarockets. but that stuff is tryin to be limited in future releases.

just ot back from a couple of games.

lots of fun. come on people just ive it a try

Raden
28th Oct 2001, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by MĘST
its more fun online because the bot support sux

but there are problems with online as well. nobody likes the spamming that oftne takes place or instarockets. but that stuff is tryin to be limited in future releases.

First line: the bot support doesn't suck, I'm just better than Novice bots. (that was when I was still learning the Excessive ropes, I HAVE since bumped up the difficulty.)

Second line: That's what makes it so fun! If they cut down on the spamming, then where's the "excessive"? If I wanted that I'd go play regular UT. I play Excessive BECAUSE of the spammage. you get around it or you get your butt kicked. If they cut it down I might as well play regular UT again.

Or I'll go back to U4E but either way I will get my overkill fix. :D

MĘST
29th Oct 2001, 05:17 PM
like UT the bots usually dont move when they shoot which makes them a real easy target. Also, a key part of a CTF game is rocket (or ripper) jumping. Bots cant do that so they dont make a good attacker. Also they arent good with the xloc.

As for spamming. Yes, it is part of the ame but there are ppl who just stand defending the flag, shooting secondary fire then when someone comes to get the flag they prim it at easily kill the flag carryer.

and U4e is another great "excessive" mod

for anyone who has become tired of the slow-paced action of reg UT just give it a try.

A lot of people think it is just regualr UT with more ammo and spam. There is a lot of skill needed to play and it is a completely diferent gametype then regular UT

AriTheDog
29th Oct 2001, 07:00 PM
anyone have a server? :)

MĘST
29th Oct 2001, 07:02 PM
there are u few good servers up

the UTX league ones are especially good

try clark kents crib (on the main PU site)

or Hall of Souls

Stillborn
30th Oct 2001, 03:05 PM
I really love the excessive mutator and it is a treasured mutator at any LAN party! I have never played it online due to the very limited server count... Living in Euro-land doesn't really help that situation either :hmm:

But anyway... Excellent mutator!!!

MĘST
30th Oct 2001, 04:56 PM
i feel for u euros

there are good servers state-side but euro is lacking

maybe u should set one up;) (or ask someone to)

Stillborn
30th Oct 2001, 05:18 PM
I will see what I can do... have a few "friends" that have ways of always fixing things... ;)

MĘST
30th Oct 2001, 06:31 PM
cool :D

also feel free to join #utx (the leagues channel) when ever your on IRC

Stillborn
31st Oct 2001, 03:43 AM
I will... I could try and ping an American excessive server and if the ping ain't to high, say over 30-40 (just kidding!) more like 200-250 I'm in anyways just for the fun of it!:D

Is #utx on etg or quakenet?

MĘST
31st Oct 2001, 05:08 PM
etg

I have a pitiful connection. You might ping the US servers better than me ;) But I still manage

Stillborn
1st Nov 2001, 06:06 AM
This is how I ping those American Excessive servers...

Clark's Crib (unreal://64.23.1.99:7777/) ping 117 (NICE!!!)

Hall of Souls (unreal://64.211.7.40:7777/) ping 120 (Not so bad at all! :D)

I'll be dropping by before you know it... ;)

MĘST
1st Nov 2001, 04:42 PM
great!

so your in sweden so your time is around plus 7 hours from central. What time do you think you might most often play? It 4PM here 11 there...

Stillborn
2nd Nov 2001, 04:39 AM
Well I play all day (student at University level in Sweden=a total of 6 hours in school/week :)) But I'll be on say after 10pm CET -02.00 CET (but I will be playing "normal" CTF and so on also...)

See you there!!!;)