Beware: Rant

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
:rant:I am pissed off at the level of incompetance of some of those who consider themselves good INF'ers, yet use ridiculous tactics, then use every bs excuse in the book to justify those unrealistic tactics. (None of which are: That's how its done IRL and the most brainless being: Its part of the game). The running speeds, the circle strafing and the bunny hopping.....all bullsh*t and tools used by those with little real marksmanship skillz. The only 2 skillz I respect in a game like this are, tactical maneuvering and marksmanship skillz. I even appreciate a good ambush. I'm not saying this cuz I can't kill them, because I do all the time. I'm saying this because its conditioning me to play in a manner other than realistic. Since when did you, IRL, have to shoot at a psychotic moron charging you, while bunny hopping around like friggin' Peter wabbit with an AK? When will you ever have to attampt to shoot the Flash as he races around a corner and past you at the speed of sound, all the while blindly spraying the entire area with the biggest AR and the most ammo he can hold? I want to play realistic tactics vs realistic tactics, not realistic tactics vs UT tactics. Its just pure lame and annoying and there is no excuse in the world to justify it in a game that strives for realism. (A.K.A. real life tactics, not just real life weapons.):/rant:

I know this has all been addressed an endless number of times in hundreds of threads, but I just needed to vent that after tonight's display of moronic behavior on the server I was playing.

'Nuff said.

Last edited:

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Hello Ghost. I agree with you 100% and find myself slipping to the dark side time to time since it appears this can be more "effective" than playing realistically. The people who play this way and then even insist its ok and "realisitic" are playing to win not for fun or to let others have fun. its a clear and necessary objective that victory be theres. Oh how I yearn for one gun fight where both combatants take cover behind a wall or something and pop out to shoot a few rounds than take cover again while the enemy does the same... thus making the gunfight last a while and backup can arrive to assist (like in real life). Unfortunately the INF designers thought by implementing a sprint system into the game players would only use it to run for cover. Obviously its abused to hell when you have "the flash" flying around the corner with an AK in one hand and a nade in the other. For now we can only pray that the INF designers continue to strive for realism... I mean face it where else can we go for realisitc action? To those who do not wish this game to be more realistic **** off. We dont need you here. You have your patheon of UT clones and run and gunners. Let us bask in our little treasure. Rest assured Ghost that sooner than later Sentry Studios will "fix" the situation. Than these CS, Quake asswads will take a hike and we can see some REAL combat situations. Semper Fi!

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Dont think it will be that bad. Im hoping they "fix" the run and gun situation for 2.87. Either way the m249 is not a very practical run and gun weapon. I think it will be more of a camper weapon. But thats if SS does it right... plus I think its going to have major bulk points to have it. It weighs about 15 lbs fully loaded with one case. but who the hell carrys only one case of ammo?

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Well, ghost, if it has been meantioned several times before, not much has been done about it. The too damn fast sprint speed has been around since I can remember. It's pretty bad when something from 2.75 outshines anything from 2.8*. I too am getting so damn sick of online play. To me that is all that is worth playing though. Screw those cheating ass bots. The crappy people online are the reason I've been mapping so much. I go online wanting to have some fun after watching a cool gun movie, and get stuck watching loonie toons with the damn roodrunner and friends. I want to believe that it will be fixed for whatever the INF team throws at us next. If they don't, I don't know how much longer I can hold out dealing with retards online.
Jaymian

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
try playing on servers with RealAim? I had a lot of realistic and intensive matches with that mutator.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Guess why i don't play on-line, even cs is more fun to me because you can at least win by sneaking, in inf it's just not done.

If things stay the way they are ATM 287 will crush 90pct of the problems that plague on-line play.

LieLestoSbrat

Can You Count? Sucka's
NOOOOOOOOOO I came to inf hoping that when I finaly had a chance to go online and play there would be no lamers like the ones mensioned (excuse my spelling). All that bunny hoping, cheating and circling was why I left CS cos I isnt realistic. My only idea is that we set up a server with rules like no bunny hoping and no circling people and that way we might get a more realistic online game.

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
People play the way they like. INF is a computer game! If you can’t accept the rules set in 2.86, which the majority for servers supports then, log onto a RA server and keep your moaning there.
If you can’t handle a situation where a player rushes you repeated times, then it’s your own fault if you haven’t learned from the last round how to tackle the problem.
There is a nice feature in INF called respawn. When a new round starts, you respawn and get another chance. If you die again, obviously the player is better skilled than you since you already know what he’s capable off and you didn’t take time to think through how to tackle the situation.
The bunny hopping you claim to have encountered is bull****. Again INF 2.86 has a nice feature called Stamina. There is hardly any bunny hopping around since everyone knows 2 jumps take a heavy toll on the stamina leaving him or her heavily disadvantaged. You’ve obviously been playing Tactical ops too many times.
Do yourself a favor and learn how to improve your game and deal with rushers on non-RA servers rather than whining about it.

LepraKip

May 13, 2001
Originally posted by The_Fur
Guess why i don't play on-line, even cs is more fun to me because you can at least win by sneaking, in inf it's just not done.

If things stay the way they are ATM 287 will crush 90pct of the problems that plague on-line play.

wouldn't 2.86 eliminate the problems 'that plague on-line play' ? the only thing improved in gameplay is the elimination of insta-proning

Other Dave

Oct 4, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by {GD}Ghost
:rant:I am pissed off at the level of incompetance of some of those who consider themselves good INF'ers, yet use ridiculous tactics, then use every bs excuse in the book to justify those unrealistic tactics. ...I just needed to vent that after tonight's display of moronic behavior on the server I was playing.

'Nuff said.

I'm *so* glad to hear someone else notice the slippage in the quality of play on the pub servers. I thought it was just me!

The Problem is that the stupid video game tactics described in this post *work*. Nobody in their right minds should be rushing a prepared enemy position, unless they're hopped up on religion or PCP. But two times out of three, because of ping or bad reaction time, I'll get popped in the head while crouched** and ready to fire by some bunny-hopping weenie blazing around a corner without a care in the world.

I, for one, am Real Glad that the AFA server is running. I had a fantastic few games in Vietnam there after the usual Quake Arena-style close quarters games on the other pubs.

Other Dave is looking forward to 2.87, and hopes the rumors are true.

**I almost mis-typed "crotched" at this point. Boy am I glad I caught that - I'd never hear the end of it!

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Orginally posted by RiotChild: People play the way they like. INF is a computer game! If you can’t accept the rules set in 2.86, which the majority for servers supports then, log onto a RA server and keep your moaning there.

Ummm.. no one said INF wasnt a computer game. The "rules" and visions of the creators of this game were to make a realisitc combat game. Why the hell should anyone have to make a mutator just to make it realistic? like I said before get the **** out of the community and go play some quake or something. Leave our one precious treasure alone. You got plenty of run and gunners to choose from we want our one realistic game where some ****ing moron isnt running like rambo into a waiting gun. If you dont believe me ask any godddamn soldier if they would charge an enemy with guns blazing. Besides some al Queda operative it aint happenin.

If you can’t handle a situation where a player rushes you repeated times, then it’s your own fault if you haven’t learned from the last round how to tackle the problem.

Its not a matter of handling a "situation." I play the damn game so I am not in the situation of facing a goddamn japanese kamakazi fighter. I want to fight real soldiers with real soldier tactics. Its not my fault some asswad like you is doing it. Dont blame your ******* behaviour on people who want to play this game the way it is supposed to be played. Theres no need to tackle the problem. Like I said earlier the run and gun tactic the way the game currently is works good because people abuse the sprint button. You give a **** more about winning and be a KeWl ru5h!n6 dUd3 that kicks azz rather than playing the game AS IT IS INTENDED to be played. Read the goddamn website dude and you will see the goal of the team who made it. Realism!

Again INF 2.86 has a nice feature called Stamina.

So did other versions of INF... and I am suprised you thnk its a nice feature. From the looks of it your asswad CS tactics would be better served without it.

Do yourself a favor and learn how to improve your game and deal with rushers on non-RA servers rather than whining about it.

I am consistantly on the top of the list and if I check I usually have the most frags out of both teams (please true INF players dont take this the wrong way i keep this info to myself and dont brag like some assholes). He was not whining you moron he was discussing an ongoing issue that has alot of REAL INF players pissed. The ones who left the other 99.9% of run adng gun trash to come to the promised land. Ghost is a good guy so **** off you cock.

-kain-

lurker
Apr 3, 2001
England
btw you should only be able to fire the minimi when prone or when it is resting on a window-ledge or sandbags (or some other obstacle). It shouldn't be too hard to make it like this with the weapon collision system in INF atm, and would make it completely impossible to rush with the weapon.

[L]-Lestat

LOL? I nearly ROFLed!(IF)
Apr 4, 2001
He's behind you!
I think I'm in love with this thread. :)
Well said all (except for some individuals).
I wish some servers (or all) would run the RA mutator.

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
First, thanks for the name-callings in your post, I’m glad we have players with your level of maturity among us INF’ers. Heck we need tons more of people babbling like you about everyone that rushes is a counter strike moron, I’m sure it will attract a lot more players if we all could express ourselves with your methods.

You can attempt creating a combat simulator by implementing realistic features and rules. However it is still a game. Programmers decide what they want players to be able to do. A good INF player learns how to utilize what the developers have provided. A bad INF player keeps crying about more restrictions so he won’t be as easy to kill instead of using time to improve his or her game play.

This isn’t your one precious treasure, this isn’t the promised land! It’s a public mod free for everyone to enjoy and play the way they want too. INF is not a secret society! If you can’t handle rushers then practice more on how to take them out other than whining how you want a game played. Prove to them how realistic tactics can easily take out rushers! Apparently you need a lot of work doing so.

If you desperately want to fight real soldiers with real soldier tactics as you have stated, then I suggest you join the army because you’ll get all the military training there that you keep whining about. Again INF if you have forgotten INF is a computer game with elements of extreme realism. It’s not real life where we have real life soldiers playing the game using real life tactics. It’s an action game with more limitations, rules and features.
Elements close to real life tactics can be mimicked in clan wars. If you want something close to that, join a clan and set up some matches. Good luck trying to get that to work on the publics with a bunch of people you don’t know and have problems communicating with.

Frankly, I don’t give a rats ass if your at the top of the frag list since it has nothing to do with this discussion. And yes he was whining on how he kept getting raped on a public server. How the hell would you know that a lot of INF players are pissed? Do you mail everyone with a poll that downloaded INF? I think you missed a couple of hundreds.

Here’s the definition of a real INF player: One who does not whine and curse as much as you do. A real INF player learns how to improve with what he has been provided.

&

"Sp!ke"

Just in case none of you have heard: They have removed ammo restrictions...:rolleyes: = Nade spam..........

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I interrupt the regularly scheduled posting to bring you this special statement:

Thank You to those of you who speak out about and support the realistic tactics and ideas that the dev. team had in mind when they began this project.

Its not that I can't adjust to the unrealistic tactis many displayed on the servers because I actually do quite well inspite of the bs, thank you very much. Which goes to show you that doing well on the scoreboard isnt' the end all for me having fun with INF. My point was that those of us with the same vision as the dev. team shouldn't have to adjust or "deal with" the unrealistic tactics used by those who exploit certain features of this unfinished game. That we currently do is a fact, yes and that is why this subject is and will be an ongoing discusson. I didn't start this thread to whine, moan or to attack anyone, persnally. I started this thread for people to vent their frustrations on the issue of lack of realistic gameplay (aka: how soldiers operate in real life) and to discuss said subject in a mature, informed fashion with my true fellow INFers. Please leave any personal attacks and excuses for unrealistic tactics (aka: anything contrary to how real life soldiers operate) to other threads or start your own.

Posted by Riot Chile: "....And yes he was whining on how he kept getting raped on a public server."

No I wasn't getting raped. I was actually kicking ass if you want to judge that by my kills and score, however like mentioned above, that is not the point. Riot Child, I politely ask that you please bow out of this thread gracefully.

I now return you to the regularly scheduled postings.

&

"Sp!ke"

Will tweaking the bulk system be enough?
Isnt 20 nades better then the ability to jog around the map?