To the Smart Programmers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
What has to be done to get the ColorMatch mutator to work with the zp mutator. I would like to get the colormatch to work with Zeroping Accugib(insta) It would really be cool, I think. But when you have both of them together, the colormatch doesnt work.

Can..?
Is there a way to Open the zeroping code and have it associate the colormatch textures for the team colored shock rifles? I have tried emailing the creator of ZeroPing but have died 200000 times already from holding my breath for a response. Could someone make a zeroping Colormatch mod? Anything as long as I can get the damn thing to work with zp.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Nothing to do.
The zp and colormatch both subclass the supershockrifle and alter it in different ways, so you'll have to choose between the two.
The zp mutator and the colormatch mutators are siblings and not parent/child classes so if you want them to work together, you have to start code yourself and make a child of the superchockrifle that has both features...

Use the code that colormatch uses and then add a zoom-feature for instance...

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
hmmm

Any Idea on how to do this?

If I try to open a .u file in UED to look at the class, it just freezes. Is there another program to veiw .u files?

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Sounds weird that your program locks up...

You can do it many ways, but the normal is this way or if that doesn't work, you can use a batchexport this way:
ucc batchexport botpack.u class .uc c:\unrealtournament\botpack\classes
botpack.u is the package, class is the class you want (try "mesh" and "texture" for example) .uc is the extention you want it to be (uc is the standard code extrntion in UT) and the path is where you want the material to end up
Alter this to fit your needs.
Remember that you have to have a project catalog (c:\UT\botpack\) and a class catalog under that (c:\UT\botpack\classes).
If you want some meshes, you put them in c:\UT\botpack\models and textures in textures e.t.c. (get the point?)

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
How about this?

How about If I was to make a new mutator? What would I have to do to make a new Mutator that combined zeroping and colored textures for the shock rifle?
Please explain in noobie style :p

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
huh? :confused:

What you need to do is:
First of all, extract the code from the two mutators the way I have said.
If you don't understand, please tell me.
Then you either take the code from zp and make the beams coloured (explained) or take the colourbeams and add a zoom feature.
I would think the last one would be best.
Open the file/class for the color-instagib rifle.
You can discard the pulsegun classes if you can figure out which those are. Save them in another folder, just in case...
Then open the class for the zoom instagib rifle.
Find a piece in the zp class that says "state zooming" or something like that.
Copy the whole "state" to the colour rifle.
Then find the altfire functions in zp, altfire, clientaltfire and copy them to the colour rifle, delete it's old ones first.

I don't know the source for these, but do this and try to compile it and get back to me if it doesn't work, OK?

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
well..

No, I dont understand, like i said, Im a Noob. I can extract and read the code for colormatch, but nothing comes up for any of the zeroping. Look below.

Colormatch
colormatch.gif

zeroping
actorlist1.gif

zero ping
actorlist2.gif

zeroping mutator class reading
zeroping3.gif

I tried to extract it from dos but got 10000 errors. I did how ever exctract all the folders like that tutorial said, but I still cant find the damn zeroping. What folder would it be under? Core? Botpack? Im lost. :(

Hey...want to give it a try? LOL

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
OK Regard all that. I was able to find the info I needed finally. Now after I alter what I need using UltraEdit32. How do I make a .u file out of what I changed?

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Have you managed to extract the code?
All the packages have their own folder, so zeroping's folder would be named zeroping something...
then the code is in the subdir "classes"
If you have the "package" folders in your UT folder, then you open the unrealtournament.ini and find the lines "EditPackages"
This is the packages that's supposed to be rebuilt, (if they do not exist, otherwise they are just skipped...)
When you have added you packagename there, in the same fashion, you open a command prompt, enter UT's system folder and type "ucc make" to make all the packages in the list.
You should get some output, namely lines with the package names and a lot of dashes...Then after a while you should see your projectname turn up, ánd this time, it should start listing:
parsing this-and-that-class
compiling this-and-that-class
e.t.c.
if it says "success! 0 errors, 0 warnings" you're home free, so now you'll have to try it out in UT...

if it's a mutator you can use this console command in UT:
open ctf-face?mutator=yourpackage.yourmutatorclass
you get the point...?

If you want a tip, you can do like this:
In unrealtournament.ini, remove all packages starting with "U" because you most often won't need those... this'll cut down compiletime, then instead add your own projects.
Then save the file as: "Urealtournament.man" or something, NOT INI.
UT needs all packages to be present in order to start, but if you save your "manual compile inifile" as .man or something then you can use it without risk
Then you create a batfile called "compile.bat" and add the line:
ucc make ini=unrealtournament.man
in it.
Now when you type "compile" you compile the correct packages, without worries...

Remember to remove your .u file before compiling, since UCC does not overwrite the packages...
(you might even concidet making the standard packages read-only to prevent compile mistakes that overwrites them.
Then it can get very irritating if you try to get online...)

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
Well..when you extract everything to folders, you can read a bunch of stuff that you cant see in UED. I tried a bunch of things and did the UCC Make command and everything built with no errors, but still the shots arent colored. If I could just figure out a way to add a section in the zeroping, to associate the colormatch textures, instead of the default textures, that might work. But no where does it even say what the zeroping uses for textures. I give up. I tried emailing the creator of ZP a long time ago, along with other people, but no response. Oh well. Thanks for your suggestions.

Ticklemonster

Sep 3, 2002
qsl.net
Papapishu said:
Sounds weird that your program locks up...

You can do it many ways, but the normal is this way or if that doesn't work, you can use a batchexport this way:
ucc batchexport botpack.u class .uc c:\unrealtournament\botpack\classes
botpack.u is the package, class is the class you want (try "mesh" and "texture" for example) .uc is the extention you want it to be (uc is the standard code extrntion in UT) and the path is where you want the material to end up
Alter this to fit your needs.
Remember that you have to have a project catalog (c:\UT\botpack\) and a class catalog under that (c:\UT\botpack\classes).
If you want some meshes, you put them in c:\UT\botpack\models and textures in textures e.t.c. (get the point?)
MEGABUMP!
Okay, would someone please expound on the above part about meshes and textures? What he says is undoable the way he says to do it. I'd like more info on exporting meshes, textures, sounds, music, etc. Yes, I know how to use the editor for textures and sounds, but I want to know and understand more about the ucc.exe. Also, unfortunately, the link in there is dead.
Thank you,
Ticklemonster