Maximum PC needs you...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Hello all,

Gary Whitta from Maximum PC magazine here. We're putting together a big gaming strategy feature for an upcoming issue and are soliciting tips and tricks from the elite players of the top games in specific genres. We'd like to hear from expert Unreal Tournament players who have tips and tricks to pass on to our readers.

We're looking for tips and techniques that apply to UT regardless of the map or mod being played - basically, overall survival tips and things to remember. These tips can be for all levels of player, from the newbie to the advanced. If you had only a couple of hundred words to pass on to an another player to boost their chances of survival, what advice would you pass on?

If we use your submission, we'll credit you and your clan (if you have one) by name in the article. But time is short! Please send your tips to me at gwhitta@imaginemedia.com and be sure to include your name and clan (if applicable) so we can credit you if we use your material!

Best regards,

Gary Whitta
Maximum PC

I just copied this lost post from another forum... :)

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
well my advice would be, never stop moving
if you don't see your enemy that doesn't mean he can't see you
Listen, to your surrounding, it can tell you many things, and if you'r a true hardcore player get a surround system, it really gives you an advantage
if you have a suspicion you'r under fire of a sniper, and you don't know his location, you must remember to keep on moving, if you'r in an open large location, try to get to cover, if you'r indoors, try to listen to sounds, it is possible to know a sniper's location by hearing his bullets hit the ground, or you can see the bullets fly.
its best to deal with snipers with a shock rifle or minigun

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
TTR> never stop moving is good advice, although it's not quite true. stealth is very important. crouch walking, and even walking can be beneficial to survival. sure, maybe stealth is camping, but a bad tactic? i think not. :)

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
If you want to follow someone around a corner you better know how good they are.

Your best bet is to dodge past the corner and take it wide. The average person expecting you to follow will aim for someone who's just running around the corner.

If the person your following is experienced they will just setup a shock combo to take you out no matter which way you go... in that case your best bet is to not go around the corner... ;)

The smart pursuer will instead backtrack and take a path to intersect the person they are following. If done quickly enough you won't run into a shock combo on that path... ;)

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
When I'm following someone, I usually try to hang back a bit to avoid being blindsided from any hidden opponents. This will also allow the follower to see any opposition coming from the sides or above the player in the front.

Also, always try to avoid situations where you are outnumbered. The best strategy is to retreat and then resume the attack when you either have better weapons, or full health and/or Armor.

Last edited:
T

Terminal {DTH}

That wouldnt be me

ph334 my umber suicide skillz!!! :p

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
use all of the weapons, in the situations you see fit
for example as stated the following trick, if you have the shock rifle, well you have the upperhand, i would say practise lots and lots of instagib games, so you train on your aim, if your aim is good then you can use the shock left click attack on minigunners, or snipers are also easly confused with shock left click attacks, if you'r being followed and you don't have time to do the shock, use the shock right attack, and anticipate where your opponement will go, it also works if you just swing from left to right, 60% hit chance