New mod idea that I don’t have the time to do

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
Last night I was working on updating my mod page and a new Idea for a mod came to me I do not have the time to do this mod up since I am already working on and devoting all the time I get to my mod “Infiltration Command” anyways here is the idea

The doppelganger

This mod is set at the end of the Victorian era and adds a new type of play to UT
One person in the team is randomly picked to be the doppelganger no one in the team knows who he is the point of the mod if you are playing the doppelganger is to pick off every one else till you are the last one living when you kill someone you take there name and there chat so that everything you type looks like it came from them also you must hide the body if it is found you lose that person chat and identity
Also the people you kill are sent to ghost mode and they can’t say anything all they can do is sit back and watch what happens
If you are playing the humans your goal is to find and kill the doppelganger
The map types will be manly old big mansions and city blocks and maybe a few museums

I hope someone can use this Idea if you do plz tell me :)

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
LOL!
Have you ever played Thief?
Cause some aspects is very thief-ed.
Maybe it should be so that if youre a human and you kill nother human, you get killed (and maybe he'll be respawned...)

brrr, I LOVE thief so much it sends a shivver down my spine... :)

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
I have not played Thief 1 but I have played Thief 2 Great game
I Just wish the level editor was as easy to use as UnrealEd :)
And I guess that you could say that there are some similarities between my idea
for the mod and Thief but that’s mainly in the sneaking around a bumping off the other players

Oh and one more thing did you get the Email I sent regarding the stuff that needs to be done on the mod

It sounds like a very good idea to me, and sounds like it shouldn't be that hard to make, apart from the maps. I have no idea about coding so can't do it, but I would play it if it was done. Love Theif, although I never got past the first level :), games like that are too atmospheric, especially as I knew zombies were coming... but the first level is a very good one, and the brief bit of hte Theif 2 demo I played was very good aswell, so a UT sort-of version would be good. :tup:

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
I've played through Thief 2 and all levels but three on Thief 1 and when looking at athmospere, it's the best game ever.
I remember one night, when I was trying to sneak into Soulforge Cathedral (I think it was, "eavesdropping") and thay had this metal-plates as a path that sounded when walked upon.
I eavesdropped at a conversations between two guards, and I was standing in a dark corner, to the right of a path-o-metal and a door, when one guard came walking towards me and I realised, I couldn't go anywhere.
To my left and front was the light area and a metal-path to my right and back, there was a cold stonewall (I could feel the chill...)
All I could do was back up agains the wall and hope for the best.
I backpedaled as far as I could and watched the guard, carrying a BFM (Big f*** MACE) walk slowly towards me.
I knew that if I moved the slightes bit, that mace was gonna crack my scull open like an easter-egg.
Sweating and holding my breath, I watched as he passed just an inch from where I was, being able to smell his BO, entering the door.
As the door slamed, I exhaled and realised I was sitting about 1½ meter from my monitor, arms streched, grining face, staring eyes and heaavy breath, heart pounding 300 strokes/minute...
My kidbrother stared at me and thought that I'd gone mad and I realised that it wasn't far from the truth.

It was the most realistic and adrenaline-pumping gaming experience I've ever had...

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Yes, I got the mail.
The current botcontroller works by placing a holdspot where you point, and it's not very "strong" when affecting bots.
So I guess that if we need it stronger, we need a whole new bot-class...
How does the infiltration bot work?
Maybe infiltration has a stronger order-system?