Use your favourite crosshair from the railgun this way:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Here's a nice way to get yourself your all-time favourite crosshair onto your HUD:

Open User.ini and find the line:
CrosshairCount=9
Change it to:
CrosshairCount=10
and under that you'll find the line:
CrossHairs[9]=
change this to:
CrossHairs[9]=Railgun.CAim

Done!
Now you can use the patented, ultra-efficient, super-crosshair in your regular games!
(Observe: Requires the railgun...)

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
"Do you wanna bump?"

I used this online on instagib and I experienced quite a bit of accuracy boost.
I tied with a player that had 1/3 my ping and had beaten me before, yet he had another guy on his team, while I had to settle with Cryss... :)

Anyone else had a boost?

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
I take no respinsibility bout my site... It's based on a crap-host so it's down sometimes.
For instance, they have a 600 second timelimit for ftp. suck.
OK, here it is:

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
I was hoping to host it on planetunreal, but after what happened, I bet ye a thousand pieces of eight that they'd force me to use (yuck:mad: ) asp instead of (yum:)) PHP

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
yea.. in quake.. but most weapons in ut are a little faster than in quake... i think 1.4 or 1.2 would make it more ut-equal.....

oh and about the crosshair. dont know what it is.. but it really does help a lot... my aim with the aimtestthingy was ±9% better than the highest score i had be4 :)

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
I guess that the circle-shape is more easy on the eye, or something.
Maybe it works like, you're "capturing" your enemy inside the ring and wham! The dot helps out too since it points out exactly.
So you have both a "quick-and-dirty"-kinda crosshair for close combat and quick action combined with "surgery-precision" for the long shots and precise judgement events...

Waddya think of the zoom crosshair on the railgun?

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
hey papapischu :):) the zoom sometimes get stuck and takes a while 2 go back 2 normal view.... that is kinda annoying like lemoni :) i played 1 vs 1 with it against a bot average settings, the freakin bot aims waaaaaaay 2 good

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Yup, the zoom is dependant on the fire animation which goes slow
If you wanna try out the best setting for the refirerate, you might wanna try:
set railgun RailReFireRate x
where x is a delay
default it's 0.2 but if you make it lesser, it goes faster.
If you want you can report to me what you think if an ultimate setting.
Not too fast tho...

I havent managed to solve the "zoom-and-fireanim" problem, But we agreed that we should leave it at that, because it balances up the game a bit (the sniperrifle works the same way, but it has a faster anim)

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
no, it's a propertie, so you can change it in-game
open the console, and type the command:
set railgun RailReFireRate x
x as default is 0.2 which gives 1.6 seconds delay.
Lower value=shorter delay