How do I get my ISP deatails back on my computer after a format

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Coolcatfish

One hell of a cool fish
In the next few days I'm going to format my drive. All thats holding me back is the fact that i don't know how to keep my isp account. Im with BT anytime so its not like i can just open another is there anyway I can copy the files onto a disk and then put them back after the format. Thabks in advance.

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
Hmm, i'm with BT Internet Anytime, and the most important thing that you need is Your username and password.

the number is 0808 9977001 (you might wanna check) and i highly recomment against using BTInternet's crappy software, just use DialUpNetworking (DUN)

[edit] if i'm up early enough tomorrow and i remember, ill make some screenshots of exactly what you have to do.[/edit]

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
Screenshots here, get your screenshots..

It really is quite simple, firstly though, I highly recommend against the BT Internet software, although you may have to use it as a last restort.

You will need your username and password

1.jpg

To get to DUN (Dial up Networking) go to my computer then DUN. right... once there you should have somthing like this;
2.jpg

That is your BTInternet account. If you click on the Create new Connection icon, you will get a dialog like this. its pretty self explanatory really, just put in your details, and select your modem from the list (if you have any choice)
3.jpg

once you have done that, you will be taken back to picture #2, if you right click on the connection, you can put in the dial up number which is "0808 9933001" which is different to the one i last told you!! but anyway.
4.jpg

now go to Server Types, and windows will automatically have a whole bunch of things selected which is bad, so you need so UNtick them here. \/
5.jpg

Once you have done that you need to enter your username (should be somthing@btinternet.com) and your password
6.jpg

click save password, and you're done! now just use this connection to connect to the internet whenever you need it

hmm sorry i couldn't do it any clearer, i didn't have enough time. good luck though

Last edited: