PDA

View Full Version : Help please

TalonStryk
21st Oct 2001, 04:31 PM
im just learning how to write code and cant figure out why i keep getting this error when i try to compile it with UED2, heres it is:
/==============================================
// RedeemerArena.
//=============================================
class RedeemerArena expands Arena;

defaultproperties
{
WeaponName=WarheadLauncher
AmmoName=WarheadAmmo
WeaponString="Botpack.WarheadLauncher"
AmmoString="Botpack.WarheadAmmo"
DefaultWeapon=Class'Botpack.WarheadLauncher'
}

The error i get is: unexpected 'defaultproperties' in line 6

When i compile it with UCC.exe i get no errors and after i write the int and try to run is there is a blank spot at the top of the mutator list and my mutator isnt listed. The "noname" mutator has no effect. Here is the int file:

[Public]
Object=(Name=RedeemerArena.RedeemerArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Discription="RedeemerArena, All Out Nuclear War by TalonStryk.")

Papapishu
21st Oct 2001, 05:13 PM
It's all spelling errors...
The code problem:
I can't explain exactly why or what makes the compiler scream about defaultproperties, but it's rather complicated so the real problem can be something else like:

You have only one slash here, so the compiler don't take it as a comment...
||
||
\/
/==============================================
// RedeemerArena.
//=============================================

tip: If it sometimes cry out "missing ';' on line 6" then you should look at the end of line 5 instead... since the compiler don't think the line ends if you don't have the ; there so it continues to line 6 and complains...
You get to know these behaviours after a while... :)

The INT problem: Description is spelled Discription.
UT don't understand what you mean by Discription so it ignores it...

TalonStryk
21st Oct 2001, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the help, i knew it had to be something simple, i always failed spelling in school, lol

ca
21st Oct 2001, 07:59 PM
No worries, syntax errors have to be the most common error for any programming language. Makes you wonder why we don't have smart-compilers that would auto-correct simple mistakes like this. :)

mr.s-d
23rd Oct 2001, 06:39 AM
Ada generates helpful error messages, especially when you mistype things. It'll tell you something like "unknown function getlien, maybe a mis-spelling of getline". Other than that it's a horrible horrible language. Not that it bears any relevance to UScript programming...