decoration illumination

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

seanboy

The Third Reich : Lead Mapper
Oct 21, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I have inserted some decorations into my level (trees,etc.).

The problem is they appear to be unlit when i play the level but they r NOT set to bunlit=true in the editor any suggestions on how to remove the illumination!!

much appreciated!!

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
We could use some more info:

1) It appears unlit in-game, but what about in the editor?
2) Im assuming you rebuilt after adding these decos, yes?
3) Could you post acouple pics and/or a copy of the map?
4) Did you use special lights or bright corners anywhere?

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
sometimes when decos sit too close to the radius of a light the look like butt **** :rolleyes: especially in outdoor areas. what about decreasing the radius of the lights that are currently in the map and adding in more lights away from the deco to make up for the loss of brightness.

i dont like scale glow on trees....

BTW which game are these for, gotta have it on my HD to test it ....

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
Tons of incomplete maps get posted here. It's not for review. No one "leaks" them to nali city or anything. It just helps to clarify the root of the problem. If you don't want to, that's fine, but it may take longer to rectify.

seanboy

The Third Reich : Lead Mapper
Oct 21, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Problem has been rectified!!!

Thx Everyone who posted, appreciate it much!

The solution is to set the decos to bunlit=true in order for the scale glow function to work!!

As soon as the map is complete i'll post it for y'all!!

Thx Again!!