locationid actor?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
for those that don't know, you can set a location id without zoning the place off, so it works nicely for open areas... see dm-inf-atoll and dm-inf-aztecalite for examples of this... it's located under actor->keypoints->locationid

anyways, on to my question: since the actor radius view doesn't shwo the radius of the locationid actor, i'd like to know what kind of units it uses... does it use the regular unreal units? or is it like the light radius, which is kinda arbitrary, IMO... thanks in advance... :)

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
well take a look on atoll again...
if the slider bar stops at 255, it's like the light actors
if it doesn't, it's in UU

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
The units are in UU. What I do is temporarily set the collision parameters to "true" (you actually need only set 1 of them, but I forget which at the moment) to get the radius drawn in the editor, find the distance you're looking for, then put that in the locationID radius field, & reset the collision params back to "False".

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
// DarkSniper :
The 'radius' is half of the diameter of a circle ...

so a 'circle'-like zone with 128 units radius is 256 units in diameter ;)
At least that's my mathematical knowledge, maybe it's different in UnrealEd ?

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
I wouldn't put it past the Ued coders to have violated mathematical laws...

I mean, come on man, VB? What were they smokin, and where can I hook up some o' that shite?!?

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by McMuffin
My point is they were crazy for making *any* version of it with VB :)
*cough* I agree, had they used Delphi it would have been soo much better *cough* ;) :p