Undyinng

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
What was your general oppinion about the game?

I thought, much like deus ex, that the actuell game was state of the art but the tech left things to be whished for (or the developers didnt know the engines limits)

I meen at some points there were over 600p/view and that aint to hot if you want the game to be playable on machines such as a p3 450 or alike.

I love what they did with the story telling - characters moveing the story forward while you, the patric guy, takes note in his diary that adds even more depth to the story.

The textures, though it doesnt use detailed textures, are somewhat good (the terrain textures such as gras and rock are awesome!)

I whish undying had multiplayer - not that many would play it but i think it would be cool to try it on for size :)

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Well, I played it on a high spec PC so technical issues didn't even cross my mind.

Although a lot of the geometry in places was pretty basic, it did it's job, scared the crap out of me in places, and had great atmosphere.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Well, it's a game that I would probably love to play, but not own. I don't have the game itself, but I have played the demo, which was pretty cool.

Oh, and I could imagine UnDying having a multiplayer mode that would be okay. It would probably be very similar to Deus Ex's multiplayer, substituting the spells for Deus Ex's augmentations.

grimstar

May 27, 2001
Australia
Undying.

Best game iv played all year. :)
icon14.gif

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site
This game really sucks. It's too arcade-ish with all the constant monster spawn crap.
I own and hate it.
Being a UT engine based game they managed to supply great visuals and effects (like the stone pathes that come out of thin air in Oneira..) but that's all about it.
EDIT: and somehow it isn't even scary.. too much cliché..
If you want a creepy game play SystemShock2 (but don't play that CoOp or you'll always remember the bad and ridiculous looking player model)!

Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
DaBeowulf said:
This game really sucks. It's too arcade-ish with all the constant monster spawn crap.
I own and hate it.
Being a UT engine based game they managed to supply great visuals and effects (like the stone pathes that come out of thin air in Oneira..) but that's all about it.
EDIT: and somehow it isn't even scary.. too much cliché..
If you want a creepy game play SystemShock2 (but don't play that CoOp or you'll always remember the bad and ridiculous looking player model)!

... you dumb****...

TheZorch

Mike "TheZorch" Haney
Jun 16, 2004
Detroit, MI
zorchcentral.4t.com
Unreal 3

After the poor reception Unreal 2 got I hope they make an Unreal 3. The new 3.0 Engine is really something else. I saw the tech demo from the Nvidia booth at E3. Its clear the U3.0 Engine will compete with the Half-Life 2 engine and Id's new Doom engine.

My hopes for an Unreal 3 are that Epic or whoever Epic selects to develop the game looks at what was done in Unreal 2 and improves upon it to make it what Unreal 2 should have been. Lets face it, Unreal 2 was hiyped like crazy and it did not exactly live up to its full highly vaunted expectations. It was a really good game despite this though, but I wish it shipped with multi-player out of the box so it would have gotten a better reception.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
clive barkers undying was amazing. some parts in the game kinda freaked me out alittle *pointing to the picture of the chick, then with your ghostly vision hes evil with bloody dogs*
the gameplay was fun, but i was annoyed by the left handed guns. i thought the game was really done well, and i would love a sequal :)