On-line gameing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S

Dec 6, 1999
Portsmouth,Hants,England
Visit site
Thanks for all your suggestions about lowering my ping. But I am still not convinced about on-line gaming.

Everyone seems sure that it is the future for all games. But the lag kills my enjoyment. Perhapes I am spoilt by playing too much over LANs but moving in jumps and shooting without being able to see my bullets are detracting a little from my fun.

Here in little old England we have to play for every second that we are on-line (which also detracts from the fun). I really can't see on-line gaming taking off until the lag is removed (or minimised).

By the way, are there any decent English servers for UT and would I be better trying those rather that the US ones? Oh, and what about HEAT and Mplayer? They come with the game but aren't up and running yet...

While I'm on my soap box, I read a posting about the crap AI on higher levels. I would agree with this. I do enjoy the old head shot with the sniper rifle. But no matter where I lerk on higher levels they know exactly where I am and send numerous rockets my way. We humans have 5 senses, but UT bots have 6!!!

Don't get me wrong its a great game. I only have to whip Xen (who likes the impact hammer way to much for my liking!)

One last thing, if I download the new patch will I lose my saves?

Cheers,

S

ty_Fortune

Online isn't the furture of games. It was the future of games when Quake 1 came out years ago! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Actually it was the future when Doom 2 came out. Quake 1 just brought it to the masses.

Very few would argue that online gaming is where it's at.

And no, installing the patch shouldn't mess up your configs and stuff.

[This message has been edited by ty_Fortune (edited 12-07-1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.