importing weapons?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
If you wanna change weapons, you learn to script, even if you don't want to.
You can extract the code from Unreal Tournament by doing this:
extracting code
Then you have a SDK where you can get the code from the different weapons.
I bet that you will find that the different weapons all have features you can almost copy directly to your weapon.
That's because UT have the best weapon balance, it has a weapon for every moment, and they show almost everything you can do... :)

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
you make yourself a new kind of projectile ofcourse :D
subclass the projectile class.

When creating stuff in UScript, you will have to learn how to model too...
Consult FireSlash or DeeperShade and bug them for info... :D

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
I've never modeled anything in my life and it hasn't stopped me from doing anything in Unrealscript that I wanted to. That's why mod teams have modelers, level designers, texture artists, sound guys, and of course, us, the programmer. :)

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Originally posted by ca
I've never modeled anything in my life and it hasn't stopped me from doing anything in Unrealscript that I wanted to. That's why mod teams have modelers, level designers, texture artists, sound guys, and of course, us, the programmer. :)

Well, some of us aren't that spoiled :D
I learned modeling mostly for fun, and because I had to.
I'm not good, but I'll manage...

To make a long story short:
To make the weapon you make a model of it, animate it, import it and program it.
If it's a projectile weapon, you model a projectile, perhaps animate it, import it and program it.
Then you program the weapon to use the projectile

If you want samples of code, extract the code from the game the way I described.
Then you have all the info you would ever need if you wanna make weapons...
If you understand UScript, then you just cut and paste it together and shape it up so that it works correctly.
I bet you'll find what you need in the sourcecode...

If you would want it to use an already existing projectile, like the eightball rocket, you just reference to it in your code.
Depending on many factors, you can sometimes just set the weapons projectileclass to the projectile you want, or you'll have to reprogram the weapon so that it spawns the correct projectile...