Is there anyone here who IS NOT HAVING problems..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
If so..please post here and let us know what kind of
video card/
Ram/
connection/
CPU you are using/
make of CD rom drive/..

I just bought a copy and am wondering if this puppy is going to work (it's stll sealed)

yes>>yes>> IT'S THE MONEY..MY WIFE IS COMPLAINING THE FRIDGE IS EMPTY..I mean given the choice UT or feed the family..what would you do..(UT of course) now with the prospect of UT NOT working..I could be in real deep doodoo J/K /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I guess I just don't need the aded frustration.. I'd rather go back and play Unreal.

Pokie

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
What do you mean the baby need more diapers.... you are changing them to often... those things are good for 12-19 pounds.. it says so on the package. And you wonder where the money goes. I'll get my UT yet!

Pokie

mulagain

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
WAAAHAHAHAHA...

STICK WITH THE DEMO MAN LOL

EVERY OTHER GAME I HAVE WORKS FINE AND UT DEMO DOES TOO....BUT RETAIL SCHMETAIL...THIS GAME IS NOT IMPRESSING ME AT ALL CUZ I CANT LOAD THE ****ER!!! HEHEH

Githianki

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
Works just fine for me.

PII 400Mhz
128MB
56K v.90
2.47GB free HD after a full install (13GB drive)
I run in software 640x480, 16-bit, World Text and Skin Tex HIGH, min frame 20, Decals and Lighting ON (No decals appear in software BTW so OFF might give a boost).
This gives perfectly smooth gameplay under all circumstances I have encountered. Could obviously be tweaked. I heard 32-bit at a lower res works similarly.

As for online, I haven't tried but with the demo running over AOL's network (software in background) I had decent gameplay. Not great but decent. I imagine more tweaks and a better ISP would yield as good as offline play.

I don't understand why everyone needs such high resolutions. I played Unreal at 800x600 with a V2 on a 166MMX with 32MB and less HD space and it worked pretty well most of the time. Obviously a faster processor would have helped there.
Also I usually run Sp focused games at higher res in software because combat is brief and sporadic.

OpenGL, D3D, and driver issues seem to be at the root of most people's problems. If you want to enjoy the perks of full graphic glory when playing a game you should expect to have to run a more powerful setup (comment not directed at anyone in particular). Anyone who says this game doesn't perform well probably expecting all the glory without paying the price. Of course, GT is full of **** with the requirements on the box. A P200? 32MB(without a graphics card)? 120MB of HD? these are the specs for some machine of several years ago. Epic should do themselves a favor and make a game that won't run below 640x480 and on anything less than 64MB or a 1GB HD. Supporting such a low requirement at all, means that people will buy it, thinking they can enjoy a semblance of what the box portrays, which they can't. This simply breeds disappointment and anger.

DigiCable

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
No probs here...

Win98SE
Cable Modem
AMD K6III-400
256MB Ram
Voodoo3 3000
SBLive!

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

[Your mouse has moved. You need to restart Windows for the changes to take effect!]

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
i have 64 meg ram at the swapping from the HD is annoying
seems that all the people who say the game is great all have at least 128 ram
the game kicks a$$ if you got the system to run it, seems that way to me.
DAMN I GOTTA GET MROE RAM
other then the swapping i gets 35fps at 800 with a 16 meg banshee p2 350 and 64 meg ram
no online probs with my cable modem either

Blue_Haze

Nov 28, 1999
Visit site
Don't know what type of system you're runnin' but it works great on my system. Fantastic game, all around. I love all the game types. My system --> Celeron 400, NVidia Riva TNT (original, or TNT 1) with 3.53 Detonator drivers, SB Live! Value with 3.0 Liveware, 128 meg memory, run 640x480x16-bit color, medium skin detail, medium world detail, high sound quality, 3D sound and Surround Sound both off, decals and dynamic lighting on. Runs ~25fps steady.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
OK!!!
LETS ROCKn' ROLL..I'm back in business...wooo..woooo!

..followed instructions..works ok in D3D..just a little darkk(anyone got a spare flashlight?)

..it's like old times..EASY_T's got some scores to settle with his 'Fan club" over at GT forum...YEEEEHAHH !

?0

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Oh...here's my setup.

So far haven't gone on-line..but this works in SP:

-Celly 300a o/c 338mhz.
-128 mb ram
-TNT2 Cougar w/32mb ram (Set at 1024x768 true colour 32 bit.. not the fastest frame rates but smooth enough for 2 bots)
-Creative Labs 8x CD rom
-Abit BX6 mobo
-Monster Mx300 sound
-Cable

[This message has been edited by EASY_Target (edited 11-28-1999).]

RW

Nov 24, 1999
Sparks, Nevada USA
Visit site
EASY_Target: Forget the 32 bit color set it back to 16 bit for speed (also set your deaktop to 16 bit). Now in options/preferences/video, change the "world detail", and "plaayer detail" to medium then go to the "HUD" section and move the "HUD Size" slider all the way to the left. Do all this and you will have your speed.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
RW.. thanx..it is pretty laggy..you know almost all the servers I joined are bots...ugh!

And it takes longer to load some of the maps than to play them..ugh again!..otherwise I am still learning..so far it shows promise.. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

RW

Nov 24, 1999
Sparks, Nevada USA
Visit site
Yeah I know but look in the server info box and see if they have bots enabled before you join.

Also I hear there is a way to disable the TNT pre-cache thing, maybe in advanced options/rendering/d3d so take a look as that will speed up the load times. Also in advanced options/advanced/game engine settings, set your "game engine cache" to at least 20MB from the default of 4MB and see if this helps.

EASY_Target

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
RW..thanks bud..works fine..your suggestions helped.

( I assumed that the TNT2 drivers and UT were optimized for 32 bit)

Got one problem though..after being a "king" in Unreal ..it's kind of humiliating to feel like a "slave" in UT.. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Got a sore butt from getting severely spanked..lot of work ahead to get skills up..the kind of work I enjoy

Riggs

Nov 28, 1999
Topeka,KS,USA
Visit site
No problems at all.

-Celeron 300a/o'c 464
-192mb ram
-Voodoo2 SLI
-Pioneer 6x DVD

the game runs smooth with 8 bots in any map at 1024x768 res.with high detail textures.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hell, I wouldn't wanna run Windows with 64mbRAM!! Voodoo still rules for UT though. A cable modem is very desirable, but a dial-up 56k is playable (tried both).
As for resolution, I find I don't want to use less than 800x600 and for Unreal I used 1200 sometimes(offline). It just feels like you're looking through a tube on those lower resolutions, and it helps me to see as much going on as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.