Communication Idea (one of my better ideas)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I'm suggesting a new item in the HUD, a small box beside your communications area, where a leader of some sort will give you orders. It would display who you where too follow, if you where too proceed or keep going. In order for this too work, the leader would have to be in ghost mode, because he'd be to busy playing to give orders to others. This wouldn't require any new menu interface, but all you would have to do is become a spectator before the game (when you choose Red or Blue in the start menu)
and your normal loaudout. Now, when you log onto a server, if the position is already filled, you have a choice to spectate normally or play. This sytem of communications would be awsome, because who is in your squad of the 2 squads would be displayed, which guy in your squad is leader, and what your orders are. The significance of a playing squad leader is that he can tell you more detailed things through it (it would require a secondary team comm, but it would only let you use 5 word phrases ) and could be cut off by the main leader at any time (incase some jack ass is screwing around). How do you guys like it? I think this would eliminate most of the typing .....

Yeah...adding the command & control aspect of a tactical simulator to Infiltration would be really cool.

This would really rock when Infiltration upgrades engines and gets larger maps and vehicles...squad leaders could give orders to bot-controlled support vehicles and such.

I'm all for moving Infiltration up to a platoon scale, once the hardware and software supports it.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
Maybe a designated leader would be 3rd-ghosting a (very cautious and camp-happy but not very skilled) bot playing in his place, with the radar mid-screen (as in 275) that shows team members, enemies within the team members' field of vision and some special markers for someone firing or getting hit...

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
This is a good idea, but on the pubs it'd be a pain to determine who'd be the leader for each team.