PDA

View Full Version : Will UC tempt you to buy an X-box?

hal
16th Oct 2001, 11:51 PM
This may be the only X-box game that I've seen that will interest me in an X-box.

SyKoTiK
17th Oct 2001, 01:37 AM
I feel exactly how you do. UC is the only game that looks appealing to me so far ;)

alien8
17th Oct 2001, 01:43 AM
Yes. Somehow I most definitely have to figure out a way to get myself an X-Box. :)

Boogey
17th Oct 2001, 02:01 AM
Weeearll, HALO isn't looking too shabby either imho (just saw the new shots on VE), but apart from that I agree - UC is by far the biggest seller for the XBOX atm. (a poll from VE only put it on 3rd tho).

But in the long run I think UT/U2/UW will fulfill my fragging needs, so I think I'll skip this console completely. Unless I some day stumble across a dirt cheap XBOX/UC combo package at the local supermarket, like I did with my N64/Super mario.

Tetris L
17th Oct 2001, 04:08 AM
All I've seen and heard about UC by now seems *very* nice. Frankly UC appeals more to me than U2.

For me it all depends on how long it will take until MS launch the online multiplayer service for the Xbox. I don't play games that don't have multiplayer. And for sure I don't buy a console that doesn't have multiplayer. I won't buy an Xbox for only UC. I'll only buy an Xbox when both Halo and UC have full multiplayer capability.

hal
17th Oct 2001, 04:23 AM
I've heard mention that UC will not be available until Microsoft rolls out it's Online ability. I know the preview box isn't on any of the X-box displays I've been seeing.

BTW-played the new X-box Munch's Oddyssee tonight. That may be another that I'll have to get. Extremely smooth and beautiful. It's pretty awesome when you see some insanely cool looking buildings in the distance and think "It's just a static backdrop", only to eventually walk right up to it. :D

Tetris L
17th Oct 2001, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by hal
I've heard mention that UC will not be available until Microsoft rolls out it's Online ability.
Heard the same. That's what DE officially stated. They know botmatches get boring quickly. :)

Halo will ship without and hopefully be upgraded with multiplayer capability later when the online service is availabale. I'm not sure if it's an advantage or a disadvantage that Xbox titles can be patched. :hmm:

Sparky
17th Oct 2001, 06:14 AM
I think I'm gonna pass on the whole X-Box thing... although I'm tempted I really don't see the point in paying for the console in order to get enjoyment out of one game. ;)

Boogey
17th Oct 2001, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by -The-Tetris-L-
All I've seen and heard about UC by now seems *very* nice. Frankly UC appeals more to me than U2.

Even considering the "comunity" (or lack hereof) which comes with it?

Snipeo
18th Oct 2001, 06:22 AM
bleh, consoles: only good for three things, driving games, sports titles and platformers. Tony Hawks rawks on the PSX, and I do enjoy a bit of FIFA every now and again. I played Quake on the PSX and it sucked, you cant play an FPS without a mouse/keyboard combo. Garn Turismo on teh PS2 is sheer driving heaven and there's nout for fun when you come in drunk than playing FIFA wit your mates :D

Buscemi
18th Oct 2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by -The-Tetris-L-

Heard the same. That's what DE officially stated. They know botmatches get boring quickly. :)

Halo will ship without and hopefully be upgraded with multiplayer capability later when the online service is availabale. I'm not sure if it's an advantage or a disadvantage that Xbox titles can be patched. :hmm:

Considering that Halo on the Xbox has no bots in MULTIPLAYER it could become a big dissapointment.

Now something aboutt UC: It's looks great actually. I thought that it would become a cheap UT/U2 ripoff but it looks like it's gonna be another classic in the Unreal series...

IntRed
19th Oct 2001, 01:24 PM
System link capability Invite your friends over and Link up multiple Xbox video game systems for the ultimate LAN party!
:eek:
well thats pretty cool

RaptoR
20th Oct 2001, 04:46 AM
I'll probably buy it if it looks like more than just Unreal2 with a few more features. But if I decide to bite the bullet and buy an Xbox, it won't be just for UC.

Dominator_dread
21st Oct 2001, 01:07 AM
Hmmm.
With a $499 or more price tag (budled), I don't think i'm going to be buying an X-box very soon. How much will it cost for a console and controller?
UC is very tempting to get though. However, i like shooters on PC's, not consoles. PC's just have a more natural feel, unless a mouse and keyboards solution comes out for teh X-box. I know the PS2 has a keyboard and mouse combo.

hal
21st Oct 2001, 09:00 AM
With built in USB support, I think a mouse and keyboard would be an essential option.

Karma 13
21st Oct 2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by hal
With built in USB support, I think a mouse and keyboard would be an essential option.

Last I heard, there was NO USB support. Could have changed since i'm not following the whole console wars thing, though. If you can have some sort of mouse set up, it might just make X-Box FPS' worthwhile, though I have doubts. Yeah, UC looks pretty sweet, but not enough to buy another console for. I think it really sucks that it will be an "exclusive". After all, online community has made the Unreal series what it is now. Oh well....:confused:

hal
22nd Oct 2001, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I really wish it were going to be available for the PC too. I would just be really surprised if Infogrames squeezed it in between U2 and UW. I believe that it would cut into the sales of the other two.

It looks like a lot of work and thought have gone into the title, and even if it just winds up being UT1.5 I'd like to see it. Heck, it looks like they've already done more than many companies would do in a bona fide sequel *cough* Eidos *cough*. :D

The USB info I got was from Planet X-box... take it for what it's worth. ;)

tool
3rd Nov 2001, 10:06 AM
im buying a Xbox anyways so yes I will DIFFENTLY buy this game, and I am a Unreal fan, so its my duty to do it.

2COOL4-U
3rd Nov 2001, 02:56 PM
I am going to buy an XBOX for UC, no doubt about it :D

2COOL4-U
3rd Nov 2001, 02:57 PM
btw I'll also buy it for Munch Oddesey, Dead Or Alive 3, HALO and all the other great games that are being developped for the XBOX

GringoLoco
3rd Nov 2001, 09:47 PM
For me, it wont... Ill have to confide in my trusty PC.. anyway... there are alot more games in the PC than in the Xbox, and UC doesnt seem THAT tempting, just to waste 400+ bucks to play one game..

Games i am looking forward in PC:
- Unreal 2
- Unreal Warfare
- Deus Ex 2
- Age of Mythology
- Warcraft 3
- Duke Forever

Games that are already in a PC (witch are cool):
- UT
- Unreal
- Max Payne
- Deus Ex
- Diablo 2
- Tony Hawk 2
- Age of Empires
- Fifa 2002

Games that I look forward in XBox
- Unreal Championship
- maybe Halo ..

See what I mean?

later,
Gringo

tool
4th Nov 2001, 05:54 AM
Xbox isnt out yet though. It will be in 2 weeks, but give the Xbox some time.

there are over 150 developers making games for the Xbox. Many PC and playstation 2 games will be out on the Xbox also.

DOOMBOT
28th Nov 2001, 10:46 PM
XBOX is tempting me NOT to get the XBOX

hal
28th Nov 2001, 11:06 PM
Why is that?

lucifix
29th Nov 2001, 12:32 AM
i wouldnt give one ****ing red cent for xbox.........its a piece of ****!

Syri
29th Nov 2001, 04:24 AM
not tempted at all

and allowing patching is a mistake too. look at the quality of the games on formats like the PS2, they HAVE to be right, cause there's no going back when it's done! letting people patch them encourages sloppy programming. It brings on the attitude of "Let's just get it out the door without testing, so we can get xmas sales. if there's any problems, we'll just release a patch!"

DOOMBOT
29th Nov 2001, 06:45 AM
not tempted at all and allowing patching is a mistake too. look at the quality of the games on formats like the PS2, they HAVE to be right, cause there's no going back when it's done! letting people patch them encourages sloppy programming. It brings on the attitude of "Let's just get it out the door without testing, so we can get xmas sales. if there's any problems, we'll just release a patch!"
Hahahaha, exactly... at first I thought it would be a good idea to have that option but now that I think about it... it does seem pretty rediculous that they couldnt take the extra time to fix up the things that patches would do.

I AM{skullface}
29th Nov 2001, 12:42 PM
Has anyone's views changed since the XBox has come out?

Also, multiplayer is now available for XBox, thanks to gamespy, meaning that online play is going on right now.

-I_AM{skullface}

Sir_Brizz
4th Dec 2001, 06:02 PM
you cant play an FPS without a mouse/keyboard combo.

I still agree with this. Console controllers are just WAAY too awkward, especially after you have played with a keyu/mouse combo. If, as the rumor is going, UT2 is a port of UC, I'll be happy, but I want Halo too (hear the rumors "Halo for PC"). I might buy an XBOX just because they look nice....maybe a Gamecube...I have no idea.

Evc
22nd Dec 2001, 05:46 PM
Playing Halo with the X-Box controller isnt that tough...

So UC should be to hard either

tool
23rd Dec 2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by I AM{skullface}
Has anyone's views changed since the XBox has come out?

Also, multiplayer is now available for XBox, thanks to gamespy, meaning that online play is going on right now.

-I_AM{skullface}

my views of the Xbox has only gotten better everyday. I havent really played halo over the internet, just with friends that have come over to my house. I dont like Lamespy anyways.

Xbox is great, and is way better then any PC because its games look so much better then on the PC. I bet the PC wont see anything that even compares the Xbox games for at least another 1 to 2 years. Microsoft was very smart in making sure that the Xbox technology would be way ahead of PC technology.

The Xbox is ahead in speed, I admit that, but in terms of what it can do in graphics, the PC will never even be able to compare for a long time. And even when the PC does, how many people are going to be able to see these amazing graphics on a PC? Only those with a 2ghz cpu and 512mb ram, while the Xbox is doing it on a 766mhz P3 with 64mb of ram. Xbox is able to do it because all of its ram and CPU power is spent on the game only, it doesnt have a OS, which is the PC's major bottle neck. WinXP and 2000 take up alot of ram and slow games down, then you got the hardware issues and bugs in PC games.

I think that once the PS3 is released in 2003 PC's will either be struggling to get gamers to buy games or the PC will be a dead system all together for playing games, its just becoming way to hard now a days to constantly upgrade your PC and put up with hardware issues and bugs, when you can just go out and spend $300 for a Xbox that shows off graphics that the PC wont have for over a year.

And when the internet gets going from Microsoft im certain they will release a mouse and keyboard, making it just that much more easier to play games.

:MTuk:lone-wolf
24th Dec 2001, 02:34 PM
I have no intention of buying an XBox until at least a year after its release. I bought a Dreamcast the day it was released and found hardly any good game releases to it's name, and I sold everything Dreamcast related off yesterday.

Of course, Unreal Championship has created a small nag in my head - "Buy and XBox". But I refuse to buy until I have seen how successful it is and how many good releases are to its name.

:)

Dai
26th Dec 2001, 04:40 PM
I'll probably get an Xbox. But I want a gamecube too. The new Zelda looks awesome

tool
27th Dec 2001, 12:14 AM
Dai, I like your sig :lol:

ShadowKi][er
3rd Jan 2002, 12:03 PM
Halo on the Xbox controller is piss easy.

I never buy consoles over one game, but with games like Jet Set Radio Future, Metal Gear Solid 2, Project Gotham Racing, Halo, Unreal Championship, Project Ego and Elder Scrolls3 just scratching the surface, I don't see why not :D.

Syri
3rd Jan 2002, 01:37 PM
ya know, not one x-box title is tempting me, especially if the UT2 thing is true.
Halo is coming to the pc anyway, and that's about the only other one that interests me in the slightest...

<<S/E>>XXXX
13th Jan 2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by -_-T()()L-_-

my views of the Xbox has only gotten better everyday. I havent really played halo over the internet, just with friends that have come over to my house. I dont like Lamespy anyways.

Xbox is great, and is way better then any PC because its games look so much better then on the PC. I bet the PC wont see anything that even compares the Xbox games for at least another 1 to 2 years. Microsoft was very smart in making sure that the Xbox technology would be way ahead of PC technology.

The Xbox is ahead in speed, I admit that, but in terms of what it can do in graphics, the PC will never even be able to compare for a long time. And even when the PC does, how many people are going to be able to see these amazing graphics on a PC? Only those with a 2ghz cpu and 512mb ram, while the Xbox is doing it on a 766mhz P3 with 64mb of ram. Xbox is able to do it because all of its ram and CPU power is spent on the game only, it doesnt have a OS, which is the PC's major bottle neck. WinXP and 2000 take up alot of ram and slow games down, then you got the hardware issues and bugs in PC games.

I think that once the PS3 is released in 2003 PC's will either be struggling to get gamers to buy games or the PC will be a dead system all together for playing games, its just becoming way to hard now a days to constantly upgrade your PC and put up with hardware issues and bugs, when you can just go out and spend $300 for a Xbox that shows off graphics that the PC wont have for over a year.

And when the internet gets going from Microsoft im certain they will release a mouse and keyboard, making it just that much more easier to play games.
First of all the Good quality graphics come from videocard not pc ...blah and after all if you saying microsoft killing us with thier OS we will simply change to Linux :D and main thing it's FREE...
and if you gona get keyboard and mouse for your xbox what will you have ? an computer ...haha
All microsoft is trying to do is steel more money from ya by making their own computers .. they just can't stop doing it even with thier billions of $ :rolleyes: :D

Amanda
14th Jun 2003, 02:29 AM
Playing Halo with the X-Box controller isnt that tough...

So UC should be to hard either

They're both easy. Of course, I will 0wn j00 411 at Halo seeing as how I'm the 1337357 Halo playing female alive. ;)

UC is good, but I haven't bought it yet. I wish it had better maps though. I like playing with console controllers better than I do the KB and mouse. Although the controllers for X-Box are too big for my hands, I just find little ways to get around the controller's obesity.

BringItDown
14th Jun 2003, 02:48 AM
YAy, first post. But what I saw here is so disturbing to me that I just have to correct you.

Tool...I assume your making these "xbox is better graphics than pc" claims out of ignorance. The pc surpassed the xbox in terms of graphics quite a while ago..lets look at some numbers.

The xbox has a 733mhz cpu. I have a 8 year old dell with an 800mhz processor.

The xbox is capable of like 120million polygons a second. The radeon 9700 is capable of over 400million. The xbox has 64mb of ram onboard video and the 9700 has 128..or 256 :lol: . The 9700 runs at 315mhz clock, and the xbox runs at 233.

My computer has a an 80gig harddrive and a 60gig harddrive, which means I can put an entire game onto a hd, which reads much faster than a dvd. Sure you can do this on a xbox, but why??

I could go on and on. I just dont understand why you think the pc will never see the graphics the xbox does..the xbox graphics were surpassed by the pc over a year and a half ago. I dont mean to bash you or anything. Just stating the facts. The PC WILL ALWAYS beat consoles as far as raw graphics processing is concerned.

Sir_Brizz
14th Jun 2003, 07:42 PM
YAy, first post. But what I saw here is so disturbing to me that I just have to correct you.

Tool...I assume your making these "xbox is better graphics than pc" claims out of ignorance. The pc surpassed the xbox in terms of graphics quite a while ago..lets look at some numbers.

The xbox has a 733mhz cpu. I have a 8 year old dell with an 800mhz processor.

The xbox is capable of like 120million polygons a second. The radeon 9700 is capable of over 400million. The xbox has 64mb of ram onboard video and the 9700 has 128..or 256 :lol: . The 9700 runs at 315mhz clock, and the xbox runs at 233.

My computer has a an 80gig harddrive and a 60gig harddrive, which means I can put an entire game onto a hd, which reads much faster than a dvd. Sure you can do this on a xbox, but why??

I could go on and on. I just dont understand why you think the pc will never see the graphics the xbox does..the xbox graphics were surpassed by the pc over a year and a half ago. I dont mean to bash you or anything. Just stating the facts. The PC WILL ALWAYS beat consoles as far as raw graphics processing is concerned.

First of all, his post was from OVER a year ago. Second of all, I find it really interesting that you say you have an 8 YEAR OLD computer with an 800mhz proceesor and here is why: I am holding in my hand a June 1999 copy of Computer Gaming World covering G.O.D. Games who developed Max Payne. As most people know, CGE has an entire page devoted to the "power rig" or the best computer money can buy, and the "Lean and Mean" or the cheapest crap you can get and still run things. According to this page, the "Power Rig" is a Pentium II/450 on an Asus P2B-LS, a motherboard which could not even use the Pentium 3 800mhz processors. Either your 8 year old machine had an overhaul or you don't know what you are talking about.

It is true that the raw power of the XBox has been surpassed multiple times over with PC Hardware, but what console have you ever heard of that hasn't been? The advantage you have with an XBox is that the developer of the game is programming it for one specific set of hardware as opposed to any number of combinations of hardware, supposedly resulting in a more stable game. I still look at Halo and think "This could be done better on a PC" but at E3 I played Halo for PC, and it sucks. Why? Because the game was designed for a specific set of hardware...including the controller, which is making it harder for the port to live up to it. I love playing Halo on the XBox, and I doubt I will find any reason to purchase it's PC counterpart.

Also consider that when the XBox was produced it was using a graphics chip that surpassed the Geforce 3 (best card on the market at the time) and was only a little slower than the Geforce 4 (the best selling card on the market). No one had even heard of the Radeon 9700Pro at the time they were in development...just as no one had heard of the Geforce FX. It isn't wise to compare a system that was devloped and released in 2001 to hardware that was released at the end of 2002 as well as throughout this much of 2003.

Amanda
14th Jun 2003, 09:46 PM
Sir Brizz, I would appreciate if you lay off of him and stop "First of all"ing him as if he were a child. He know's what he's talking about. I really can't come up with an explanation for him seeing as how I'm not totally sure about what kind of MOBO he has, but I do know that you were a bit harsh on him. Maybe he made a typo or something. I dunno, haven't been able to talk to him much today because he worked his ass off and is sleeping right now. Just lay off of him, will ya?

BringItDown
15th Jun 2003, 01:03 AM
Well obviously my 8 year old dell with an 800mhz cpu was an exageration. But its probably about 4 years old. I figured this thread had to be old because anyone who has any brains in their head realizes that the stuff he said is retarded. And not to mention that even if it was a year old that its still a bunch of crap because xbox graphics were outdone when the xbox was released. Also to say that your playing games on a monitor (your tv) with horrible res and definition. Compared to a modern day computer monitor.

Listen im not bashing consoles. Im just saying that pc's always beat consoles when graphics are concerned.

Sir_Brizz
15th Jun 2003, 08:11 PM
Hey I just want to say I completely agree with you. I don't appreciate consoles as much as I appreciate my PC that is for sure. I would MUCH rather play any game on my PC than on my XBox. Fortunately, I have both and can pick and choose, I have learned the hard way that some games are just plain better on a console than on a PC...games like "Enter The Matrix" that were obviously meant to be played on consoles...not the PC. Also there are other games, like Halo, that don't make it to PC in time to be good (IMO of course).

But anyways, the point is that I mostly agree with you :p

And I apologize if I sounded harsh. I wasn't in the right mood to respond to you but I did anyways. Sorry to you also Amanda.

Brutalis the ripper
19th Jun 2003, 09:41 PM
To late I bought an xbox for the game and it was ok for like 6 months and then it got boring...again.

Willis
25th Jun 2003, 09:15 AM
I bought an XBox for Halo and UC, but afterwards I found out UC was buggy, and that its fun factor was way down and out. I think I'll stick to SP and Mapping.

Amanda
28th Jun 2003, 02:40 AM
But Halo kicked major arse, right!?

Sir_Brizz
28th Jun 2003, 11:28 AM
WEEEEEE! :D

Of course it did! hehe

Amanda
28th Jun 2003, 12:31 PM
Know what's fun? When you come out of that cave next to the waterfall in your wart hog and you go driving off the cliff at full speed and hit X right as you're going off it and you free fall. I do that a lot since when you exit the cave you are at check point. :D

Sir_Brizz
28th Jun 2003, 03:53 PM
hahah that is great. I also like on one of the snow levels you can steal the banshee before they fly it and go to places that you aren't suposed to get to yet! :)

Lemoni
29th Jun 2003, 10:29 AM
No halo and turok tempted be to by !

G0thic Chief
16th Feb 2005, 04:18 AM
i bought a xbox this xmas because of the great year it will have.
UC2
Advent Rising
SC: CT
Pariah
WM21
Conker
Jade Empire
Forza
etc
etc

But of course one of the main reasons why i bought it was because of unreal games

Sir_Brizz
16th Feb 2005, 10:34 AM
At least four out of those eight games will hit PC. Before or at the same time as their XBox counterparts.

G0thic Chief
16th Feb 2005, 12:01 PM
At least four out of those eight games will hit PC. Before or at the same time as their XBox counterparts.

you mean 3 of this 8.

Sir_Brizz
16th Feb 2005, 12:07 PM
yes.

UnrealGrrl
19th Feb 2005, 12:20 AM
i still dont wanna console, theres something evil about it.
someone get me uc2 on a pc now!

oh and 3 year old threads are fun :p

menelik_seth
12th Apr 2005, 12:47 PM
Should I wait to get the Xbox Xenon? I was told it may be coming out in October, and I'm not a rich dude... nor would I care to buy something that may be obsolete in a few months.

The only reason I would ever get the Xbox is to play UC2. Is there any word on the possibility of a PC port? Cuz I would definitely get that instead. If not, what you guys think?

Should I buy the Xbox now just to play UC2? Or should I hold onto my hard earned greenbacks and wait till the Xbox next comes out in a few months... Then get that and UC2 for it?

*confused*

Sir_Brizz
12th Apr 2005, 01:44 PM
Well someone could quite easily mod it into UT2004, and it would probably be pretty cool, but extremely unpopular as usual. If you want to actual play online, Xbox will be the way to go.

edhe
13th Apr 2005, 03:38 AM
UC2 is designed, optimised and 'all that' for the xbox, so get one for that game if you want.. you could probably get on for a hundred bucks somewhere.

Xbox360 will be out for christmas, hopefully, and will likely have the usual console price tag of 500 or so.

Hopefully it'll be backwardly compatable though :)

Renegade Retard
13th Apr 2005, 08:15 AM
Hopefully it'll be backwardly compatable though :)

Everything I've seen and read has said it would NOT be badwards compatable. My primary source is OXM, but I've also seen it in a few other places.

Also, I get the feeling that it will not be released before the end of the year. That's just a hunch. ;)

edhe
13th Apr 2005, 09:19 AM
No backwards compatability is... stupid...

If Sony managed it for ps2 then why can't MS?

But then ps3 is unknown i think, for backward compatability.

Renegade Retard
13th Apr 2005, 10:53 AM
I've heard that making something backward compatable handicaps the system. I don't know. That's just what people are saying.

IF that's the case, then I don't want the next XBox to be backward compatable. I want it to be as powerful as it can be, without the hinderances to run the old stuff.

It's really a two edged sword I guess.

edhe
13th Apr 2005, 12:20 PM
With all that power it could run a software emulation... *shrug*.

Renegade Retard
13th Apr 2005, 01:07 PM
With all that power it could run a software emulation... *shrug*.

Possibly. Again, I don't know much of the in's and out's of how the thing works. Just relaying what I've heard.

edhe
14th Apr 2005, 03:23 AM
I'm not chompin' on you ren ;)

Imho it's just shortsighted of MS, not a surprise though, really.

NiteX
18th Apr 2005, 04:35 PM
Nope I'm not going to get a Xbox probably. For UC2 I will borrow a friends box and will rent UC2 for a month. If Xbox 2 has any good games I might buy one of those.

menelik_seth
20th Apr 2005, 10:02 AM
Now that UC2 is out it's really making me wanna buy the Xbox JUST to play that game, but a friend of mine told me the Nextbox (or watever) will be comin out in October, and I should wait till then....

So, cashwise, I'm in a dillema. I've decided to hold off until the new xbox comes out (if its truly comin out in a few months)... however if I find out that it wont be out until next Xmas or watever, then that will change things drastically beause I do have to factor in the chances that I wont be able to afford it as soon as it hits the market, and will have to wait a few months anyways for the prices to drop...

*sigh* being on a budget sucks... but I could use some advice, what u think?

edhe
20th Apr 2005, 10:14 AM
Xbox360 is *not* backwardly compatable. To play this game you *must* have current xbox.

utw-Mephisto
20th Apr 2005, 08:16 PM
And don't forget : It's Microsoft :D :D

menelik_seth
21st Apr 2005, 05:10 PM
Xbox360 is *not* backwardly compatable. To play this game you *must* have current xbox.

I highly doubt they wont make a version for the next/360/xenon/watever ub3rl337b0x0rz.

Personally, I'm very patient. I can wait, yknow? I like to make purchases that will last a while, and give me the best bang for my buck... so if that means waiting a few months for the newb0x0rz to come out, along with the UC2 for it, then I can wait.

Oh, btw I got to play UC2 for a while at this game center. Man! I was blown away lol, I almost broke down and bought the xbox then and there. This game is gonna kick some serious ass... makes halo feel like... Doom (the first dom). And I aint a halo-hata either, I've had lotsa fun halo-fraggin' on LAN with my buddies... but nothing compares to UTfraggin...

Sir_Brizz
21st Apr 2005, 09:49 PM
UC2 isn't going to come out for Xbox2. It wouldn't be worth the money. The next hope you have is Gears Of War.

Renegade Retard
21st Apr 2005, 10:20 PM
If you want to own UC2, you need an Xbox. Xbox Next will NOT be backwards compatible as edhe said, and the will not re-do it for Xbox Next.

So....either buy an Xbox, or get over the fact that you'll never own UC2.

edhe
22nd Apr 2005, 03:51 AM
I'm starting to debate with myself over this.....

I saw an article (which i cannot currently trace) saying that the 'cheap' one will not be compatable with previous xbox games - now this could make sense.

The cheap one will use solid state storage (likely) in order to save it's stuff (no HDD remember) which the old xbox games *will* be incompatable with, i'm guessing, however there's a possibility that - maybe - if you have the HDD in it there's not that incompatability?

Anyway i'm not holding my breath... i'd rather worry abou tmy xbox not turning on when i push the button. Takes me half an hour to get the bitch running.

MeStinkBAD
22nd Apr 2005, 07:09 AM
The next Xbox will NOT be backwords compatible! Totally different arcitecture. Current Xbox is based on an x87 chipset. The next one will use PowerPC. HUGE difference in arcitecture. Go read up on the two and see what I mean.

I still have my Xbox I bought in 2001. So I just need to buy the game. ^^

Sir_Brizz
22nd Apr 2005, 09:03 AM
The next Xbox will NOT be backwords compatible! Totally different arcitecture. Current Xbox is based on an x87 chipset. The next one will use PowerPC. HUGE difference in arcitecture. Go read up on the two and see what I mean.

I still have my Xbox I bought in 2001. So I just need to buy the game. ^^
That doesn't mean it won't be backwards compatible. You can run PPC apps on Desktop PCs, you can run N64 software, PS2 software, etc. All it takes is a bit of emulation.

Still, I don't think they will waste their time on it.

WileyPeyote
22nd Apr 2005, 01:14 PM
Man this is making me want an xbox. But if I do that, I will be forced to buy a HDTV so it looks half decent...this sucks :(

menelik_seth
25th Apr 2005, 11:27 AM
Well I guess it's a waiting game for me.

If its true that there is no UC2 (or UC3) for the new xbox... then worst case scinario, I end up buyin the Xbox at a discounted price, and UC2 as well :) That'll mean that I'll be comin in the game a bit late, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem; looks to me like this is one that's gonna be popular for a long while...

*sigh* I hate waiting games...

edhe
27th Apr 2005, 09:53 AM
Vindicated:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22839

/me rubs his eagle eyes.

Sir_Brizz
27th Apr 2005, 10:27 AM
Wow. That's good news. :)

Renegade Retard
27th Apr 2005, 01:31 PM
That IS good news, but this statement has me worried....
.....as long as they are playing a current generation Xbox game.
Does that mean XBox games developed after XBox Next comes out? If so, I guess that means that none of the games out now will be compatable.

edhe
28th Apr 2005, 02:59 AM
I'm guessing once they've got their most recent patches DL'd over live..

Sir_Brizz
28th Apr 2005, 08:50 AM
I think that's just for playing together over XBL, which means that some games are probably going to be released for BOTH systems for a while.

dude2425
30th Apr 2005, 05:39 PM
The next Xbox will NOT be backwords compatible! Totally different arcitecture. Current Xbox is based on an x87 chipset. The next one will use PowerPC.
x86. There's no such thing as an x87.
Sorry for the correction, I'm just a little bored right now.

Anyway, I can just borrow my little bro's xbox for a while. He never uses it for anything anyway.
Just wish the little bastard had xbox live.

ChampionHyena
2nd May 2005, 06:10 PM
Hmm, I think UC2 might inspire me to get an OH WAIT I ALREADY HAVE ONE

I just can't ****in' TELL because it likes to stop working at random intervals. Don't tell me the CD is scratched, you black and green whore, I JUST BOUGHT THE GAME!

*runs screaming into the night*

MeStinkBAD
3rd May 2005, 09:13 PM
x86. There's no such thing as an x87.
Sorry for the correction, I'm just a little bored right now..

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/8087/

edhe
4th May 2005, 03:27 AM
the x87 was the coprocessor for 386 level cpu generation that was integrated in the 386DX chips, adding a co-proc to the SX chips allowed for 'serious' improvement in mathematical power. They still existed at the 486 level but were totally phased out for Pentiums.

So even though there was an x87, you're still talking out yer arse.

x87 got absorbed into x86 long ago, and the x86 internal architecture has been becoming less and less cisc for years, whilst still maintaining instructional compatability.

/me remembers when his father bought a co-proc...

edhe
5th May 2005, 09:32 AM
Hmm...

In addition to the sleek interface, the online play on Xbox 360 will be much more social and interactive, informed Gates. Speculators believe Xbox 360 to support games from the original Xbox as well, though Microsoft has made no such comments.

http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1220

rajput_warrior
6th May 2005, 01:00 AM
i got just an xbox mainly for halo and the sports game, but then i remembered uc2 and i really want that game, since i don't have a pc anymore, i really miss unreal