Looking for a piece of music from Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
This question is mainly for Smirftsch, zynthetic, or Maverick. But if anybody else knows it would be a big help.

I want to know the name and composer of the piece of music from the very beginning of the Rrajigar Mine level from Unreal.

Thanks.

Last edited:

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
The composer was Alexander Brandon. :)
He composed all of the music, eccept for 2 peices I believe. He worked with someone else on those 2 songs.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
gah! no have U1 installed:(

Brandon and Michael Van Den Bos both had an equal share in the U1 soundtrack.
while on the topic the UT soundtrack was a different story.

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Hey, those 3 aren't the only 3 that knows everything :D If you look in ModPLlug, you'll see that the song is devided up into 3 seperete mini-song thingies. Around the middle (past 2:33 I believe) comes that adrenaline song when you face your first basket. At the end, is the DUG song. Of course the first part is DIG. micheal van de bos makes songs that have...erm...lemme see, well, Alex' songs have more of a rythem to them. don't forget necro though, he made a song for Unreal called isotoxin. It was for the base at Na Pali Haven. Hey, he still deserves mentioning :D

SludgeX

Jul 9, 2001
Chicagoland, IL
Visit site
I'm really looking for the track itself. I'm considering putting the track in a map I'm doing for either UT or Unreal 2 ( I haven't decided yet). But I wanted the composer's name also so I know who to give proper credit to when it's finished.

Last edited:

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
"Dig - Shareware Version"

by Alexander Brandon
for Epic Megagames' "Unreal"

To apply the part you hear at the beginning of the first Rrajigar Mine map, specify SongSection 2 in the LevelInfo of your map, near where the .umx itself is specified.

And Zynthetic is correct about their shares of the music for Unreal 1. However, Alexander Brandon did the vast majority of the music for Deus Ex also.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Ohmygod!!!! Look at all those thingies! The click thingies! You know, u click on them and they take u somewhere different? WOW! That's a lot of them! :D