Question about forums

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xinios

Jul 19, 2001
www.xtalistudios.250x.com
I have looked for this forum on PlanetUnreal, and then discovered what had happened. I must agree with all of you, i work a lot with bulletin board software (IkonBoard to be more precise) and i have never seen such b.s forum software in my life (well maybe other than UBB). I think everyone here made the right choice! I still have one question though.

Why is there this hostility between these forums and the forums at InfoGrames? I have visited those forums and there is almost no staff around, and the place is full of idiots but is that the only reason? Can anyone explain better?

Thanks!

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
1.) The forums software itself was only one part.
It was mainly about the control of the forum (which would have been in the hands of GSI), the ownership of of any content like our posts, and the loss of our unique identity in a mulit-forum juggernaut like ForumPlanet

2.) There is no hosility between the two forums, but in the Infogrames forums. One reason is the the really low sense for responsibility and attitude under the mods. Actually there isn't much control. It's just a different forum for other people.
But some of us - like UY or Stormi - post there too

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
I just realized something... there is a lot of pimping going on at the new puf forum for this board. Well there are many good UT related forums out there... how come no one has compiled a list of these forums so that other can have a free choice of where they might find a home...

For some odd reson they've locked all of the forums so you can't post without registering... so you won't find me there... but I'd still like to see a list of all the various forums... I only visit a few and I don't think I've ever seen a listing of the various UT forums and what you will find there...

So could some people in the know post links and perhaps an explaination of what they find useful at that forum?

Then perhaps we could combine these and post that at this new forum... :D