UTAnime: New anime mod needs help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
UTAnime is an anime* mod I have been working on by myself for a few weeks now. It is a generic anime mod not based on any particular series but rather focusing on the look and feel of an anime. It will be a mix of multiple shows as well as of things we create completely from scratch by ourselves.

Progress has been wonderful considering I have been doing all the coding, modeling, skinning, animating, mapping, and testing myself but as you can imagine help would certainly be, well, helpful :) Below are a list of jobs currently open and as you can see there are plenty. The most important thing of course is that you are an anime fan.

1 Webmaster: Somebody to build, host, and maintain a professional website.
1-3 Programmers: You don't need to be a god but you must be able to at the very least create your own semi complex weapon from scratch and/or be good with replication.
2-4 Character Artists: These people are responsible for modeling and animating character models as well as working with texture artists to skin them. Style is everything.
1-2 Modellers: Responsible for creating all meshes other than character models, including weapons, items, pickups, projectiles, and effects. Ability to animate meshes is a plus.
1-2 Animators: Will help with animating characters and meshes.
2-3 Texture Artists: Responsible for creating a variety of images and animated images and working with modellers to skin characters/meshes.
1-2 Sound Artists: Must be capable of creating a variety of quality sounds from footsteps to explosions to gunshots to everything else needed.
1-2 Music Composers: Cowboy Bebop, Blue Sub #6, Agent Aika. If you don't know what I'm talking about don't bother. A mix of upbeat jazz and dance music, style is everything.
2+ Voice Actors: Must be able to speak Japanese :) No seriously, you have to be able to speak Japanese well. Both male and female needed.
1 Japanese Writer: Must be able to write Japanese well.

Anyone who may be interested or wants more information is welcome to contact me via email at gamehelp@home.com, AIM s/n SoSilencer, of with private messages. Also many of you have probably noticed there are no mapper positions open yet. The project is still in very early stages so we do not require any mappers just yet but we will shortly so don't worry we'll let you know when we need you. Look forward to hearing from everyone, this is gonna be a blast.

*This is an anime mod not a hentai mod. While we WILL have our fair share of schoolgirls and short skirts we will not be raping them, especially not with tentacles, so please don't ask (it's getting annoying). Think along the lines of Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Agent Aika, DoA, GiTS, and a few others of similar style.

Silencer
gamehelp@home.com
AIM: SoSilencer

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
NEW MOD : -> THE 3d MOD !!

Hey I'm creating a new mod :THE 3D MOD.
EVERYTHING in this mod will be represented with 3d rendered computer images.
I also have a lot of cool ideas for this mod email me If you want to know more!
Presently we only have one team leader.
So if you are interested in handling one (or all ) positions in the team please ICQ me.
:rolleyes:

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by SoSilencer

*This is an anime mod not a hentai mod. While we WILL have our fair share of schoolgirls and short skirts we will not be raping them, especially not with tentacles, so please don't ask (it's getting annoying). Think along the lines of Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Agent Aika, DoA, GiTS, and a few others of similar style.

Silencer
gamehelp@home.com
AIM: SoSilencer
LOL:D
Good luck on your mod.:)

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
Thanks. Unfortunately luck has everything to do with getting a mod together. Still things are going pretty good.

The first weapon I've started is the MiniLauncher. It is about 95% done as far as code is concerned. It's pretty fun to play around with with. I was watching Cowboy Bebop the other day and there were some rockets and I just sat there thinking about how my rockets worked exactly like the ones in the show. Only thing lacking is a proper anime style rocket trail which I'm working on now.

Since the MiniLauncher code is nearly complete I've also started working on the caster gun. I have a working version of the gun and the first type of shell (which reacts with the MiniLauncher rockets) and it's been a blast testing it out. I can't wait until I get the caster and all it's projectiles done. Since each type of shell reacts with different things (including other shells) it's going to add a huge element of strategy when one or more person in a firefight has a caster.

As cool as they are the weapons aren't the only thing we'll be changing around. Although we aren't quite ready to make any maps yet I do have quite a few techniques I've developed which will make this mod stand out above the others. I have a system which allows us to create dynamic maps which change every time you play them. I have a test map right now which has over 5,684,341,886,080,000,000,000,000,000,000 possible combination ensuring that each time something is different and you need to be able to think on your feet to win the round not just click the fastest (and no, that number isn't a typo, I think it comes out to something like 500 trillion trillion combinations).

Yeah, this is gonna be fun :)

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
What exactly is that supposed to mean?
What do you think of the idea of a mod based on 3d graphic?

I mean characters,weapons, architecture all will be 3d graphics made by the computer.That's a whole mod by itself.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by TaoPaiPai

What do you think of the idea of a mod based on 3d graphic?

I mean characters,weapons, architecture all will be 3d graphics made by the computer.That's a whole mod by itself.
It took me a while to get what you meant but I think you're being a mite harsh here TaoPaiPai (Alpha gamma nu sigma:D)

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
It's the catch 22 of mod making. You can't make a mod without help but you can't get help without a mod :(

I can understand the worry of course. Countless people have wonderful ideas with no skill and post stuff like this looking for people to build their mod for them. This is the complete opposite of that situation. Half the reason I want more help is for their ideas. Sure I have my own ideas but I'm no fool. There are many people out there with many brilliant ideas which I would never ever think of myself and it is simply foolish not to explore those paths. That is why I want all team members to be anime fans. I want everybody to contribute their own ideas and creations as well as provide feedback about everybody elses.

The other half is quite simple. While I could make this completely by myself it would take forever and the end result would not be very good. With just a couple people helping me out we could make a far better game in a far shorter period of time.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
1-2 Music Composers: Cowboy Bebop, Blue Sub #6, Agent Aika. If you don't know what I'm talking about don't bother. A mix of upbeat jazz and dance music, style is everything.

finally!
a mod team that is actively looking for trackers =)
I must say, I'm impressed.

I'm involved right now. If your still developing this mod in a few months get in touch with me.