Unreal Aiming/Movement and Multi-Player Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boese

Feb 24, 2000
Visit site
Sometimes, aiming and movement in Unreal become delayed (floaty) - (happens in single and multi-player). What can I do about this? Also, after connecting to most Unreal servers for multi-player, everything is empty. Sometimes I can move throughout level, sometimes I'm stuck where it shows my character dead on ground (all I can do is adjust camera). Sometimes characters are frozen, sometimes not even there. Lifts (functions) don't work. No weapon viewable from my character; can't shoot. When I press ESC, game freezes; only thing I can do is ALT+TAB to shut game down. I'm using 225F patch. What can I do about this? Please help.

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
There was a thread a short time ago about the problems you are having once you enter a server. I took a quick look but did not see it but I know its there. May help or may not.

As for the delaying in SP, it would help to know your system specs. Memory, vid card, processor speed, etc.

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Boese

Feb 24, 2000
Visit site
Already read posts you refer to; no help.

Celeron 433 Processor, 32MB RAM, Voodoo 3 2000 AGP Video Card, V.90 56K Lucent Win Modem.

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
The 32 MB may cause some of the problem. With that amount of memory the game needs to swap info from the HD. Check to see if the game is accessing the HD when it happens.
Everything else about your system sounds good.
Good luck !!

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

jsg2021

Jan 6, 2000
www.ionet.net
You say you have a win modem. That would mean your processor is doing the work a real modem would do. That could hurt you online experience. On top of that 32mb of ram is not enough for unreal or UT. I suggest 96mb or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.