Not sure about the colors

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

megatron

Feb 13, 2001
Aylesford,Kent,England
Visit site
I am on BT too and its improved for me, since installing DUN 1.3 (dial up networking 1.3) and the packet fragment patches. This is for windows 95 mind. The file names -
238453US5.exe
259728usa5.exe
msdun13.exe

from microsoft.com in downloads section

also nice
tweakui.exe

This tells you what patches you already have and what is recommended. When at the correct microsoft webpage of course.

advpack.exe

Also here was my inspiration:
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/october01/overclockingindex/

Now! Go forth and make your DUN faster whilst being more stable.

grimstar

May 27, 2001
Australia
Its not bad, but you could do better. ;)
icon14.gif

MeStinkBAD

Lurking where you least suspect...
Dec 26, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
Is there anyway you forum god's might consider reversing the "light-text on dark-background" theme you've had for years? I know that it's a radical departure, unlike anything PU has done before... but dark-on-light is much easier to see. The scroll bar color scheme makes it difficult to read. The buttons and text-entry fields (such as the one I'm typing in this very moment) are light grey and look out of place.

Actually... I really don't mind this layout. (I did like the yellow text better than the blue though.) I'd just like to see something new and different. Maybe something like the "ice" theme in UT perhaps. :)

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
It's all just a little bit too dark. The black text on the dark grey buttons are hard to read. If everything was just a little brighter it would be ok. Is the text actually white? It looks light grey on this monitor. Bright white would be best.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Bonecrusher
I wouldn't know if it would be a pain for these guyz to change the colors but...I think they work rather well, white on blue looks ok to me!

In that case, we've put together something nice for you all:

Originally posted by Prophetus

In our constant effort to please the community, the Beyond Unreal Staff proudly announces the launch of "Project Chameleon".

Project Chameleon allows you to simply change the color scheme of all Beyond Unreal Forums. However, Hosted Forums will not be affected.

To initiate the color change, simply go to your profile (link is visible at the top of every page). Click on Edit Options and scroll down to "Style Set". You can then choose from any of the Hosted Sites and personal Admin color schemes.

For example:

If you are a fan of SAS or Infiltration, now you can view all of the main Beyond Unreal boards in those colors.

There are numerous color schemes for you to choose from but Hosted sites will still appear in their default colors.

Thanks to Yellow5 for bringing up this idea. We hope you enjoy this new feature and we do plan to release more color schemes in the future.

Pete

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
Cool :cool:

This reminds me of how a few days ago how Fusion introduced a similar method with their web site.

[edit]After going through all of them I like the default one the best(reminds me of Deus Ex) but the other ones are good too[/edit]

Last edited:

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com
Hello? Is this showing?

Can't see much right now, I'm currently blinded by the The Morety colour set....... :eek:

;)

On the serious hand: I actually like this (the default) one the best. Even if you plan on changing the default, please keep this one in stock. It's nice on the eyes and looks good too.