hey here's a studio max question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeTHicAL

Mar 5, 2001
alberta
members.nbci.com
I would have put this on the "off topic" forum but I didn't wanna get cooties.

What's up with them bones on studio max? I have a character that is one singular object, and I wanna place a nice skeleton in it for all sorts of animation and such. When i skin a group of points onto a bone, the object distorts when I begin to rotate the joints around. How can I constrain the scaling of the object so that it does not go hoo haa when I rotate the joints?

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
If it's anything like milkshape, then it's just a matter of attaching the proper vertices to the respective bones, so that only the right ones move when you rotate. You are rotating them, I assume, and not moving them, right?