PDA

View Full Version : Unreal 2 multiplayer ?

mr.Pac Stealy
12th Oct 2001, 07:51 AM
Hey!

What are the possibilities for multi player in Unreal 2? Are they less then Unreal Tournament.
Or is there a UT2 coming up?
l8-r.

mr.Pac Stealy

Tetris L
12th Oct 2001, 01:05 PM
Rest assured ... U2, although priority is on singleplayer game, will also have a strong multiplayer part. with DM, LMS, TDM, CTF and XMP.

For details I suggest that you read section 4.4 of the FAQ in my signature. :)

UnrealGrrl
12th Oct 2001, 11:18 PM
whatta pimp! :p

but yea, thats alot easier than trying to find the info various spots on the net or at unreal2.com... and thats really what i am looking forward to anyway, im sure ill enjoy the game in single player, but i cant wait to jump in o nthose big beautiful maps for some ctf action with all kindsa new eye candy and weapons and...

btw did i say real gj on that faq yet? ;)

CTM_XinderblocK
14th Oct 2001, 10:16 PM
I love multiplayer, I rather play ppl, then god damn bots.

Major-Lee-High
14th Oct 2001, 10:50 PM
agress:rolleyes:

Fisherman's Friend
1st Nov 2001, 04:17 PM
What is XMP??

lceman
1st Nov 2001, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Fisherman's Friend
What is XMP??
In short, a Team based multiplayer mode involving 3 classes, Grunt (Soldier, all the weapons), Spook (sniper/TFC spy) and Tech (Sets up replicators (that make armour/weapons, builds sensors, turrets, walls etc.).

The object of the game is to retrieve all the artifacts in the level and take them to your base. These will start in the midfield, but obviously you will have to raid the oponent's base to steal some later into the game.

This game should be very fast, tactical and lots and lots of fun. :)

Fisherman's Friend
2nd Nov 2001, 02:40 AM
Sounds k3wl. I'll love that gamemode.

Master_Blaster[MASTER
2nd Nov 2001, 10:35 AM
Also could someone tell me what LMS and TDM is pls :) :P :stupid:

Bazzi
3rd Nov 2001, 12:05 PM
I think both Botplay and 'real' multiplayer will rock!

Of course singleplayer, too. ;)

Tetris L
3rd Nov 2001, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Master_Blaster[MASTER
Also could someone tell me what LMS and TDM is pls :) :p :stupid:
You're kidding, right? :con:

In case you're not ...
TDM = Team DeathMatch
LMS = Last Man Standing
Just like in UT.

Barcode#09123111
9th Nov 2001, 08:47 PM
in the light, Ill be there. In the dark u will coware, be aware evil doers.. me and my BARCODES are out for u.

MĘST
13th Nov 2001, 06:07 PM
I hope they really work on the XMP mode. DM and CTF gametypes have been practically perfected.

Like Assault was for UT, XMP will probably be the new innovative gametpye for U2. Though Assault had a lot of promise I don't think they made it as good as it could have been out of the box.

Hopefully, with U2, they will spend time to get this XMP mode right

Tetris L
14th Nov 2001, 12:49 AM
XMP is based on Legend's Wheel of Time gamemode "Citadel". They added the classes, but the basic idea is the same. This means XMP is an evaluation of an existing and tested gamemode. XMP should be good. :)