UnrealEd2 questions, ladders and hanging pics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oreo Twist

One BuF Cookie
Sep 13, 2001
stillwater,ok
Visit site
UnrealEd2 ladder question & hanging pics etc

Ok, so my ladder question was in the faq...
Ok, how bout this. Can anyone put the FAQ ladder awnser into more detailed terms in reffernce to the positions and sizes of: ladder brush/texture, position of stairs in relation to ledge being reached and ladder etc... i need a wee bit of a more graphic mental pic. thanks ALOT

OH YEA! wheres a good texture factory? I need some good misc industrial textures and... *drum roll* a LADDER texture
Im not terribly fammiliar with the texture packs yet. my old monitor was so dark i couldnt see half of em before so im trying to get back into this map thing cause i got a new 19" and my life isnt nearly frustrating enough :p

lastly on to the true newbi stuff. Ive done a few tutorial levels and now im wanting to do a nice simple ode to one of my fave usermade HL maps (not public release so no biggie)
and a nice little test of what i do and dont know how to do.
-Soooo, ok so when you have a nice textured wall, say brick industrail etc who cares, and you want to add little touches like a gas meter or something (flat texture) or like a vent someting that just an accent. How in the heck do i get those onto the base texture???
Thx,
lemme know if i need to clarify anything
_Oreo
*edited for a "my bad" alert*

Last edited:

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
For the ladder RTFM. Did you not see the FAQ at the top of the forum? You know, the one that says "Read this before posting"? It's in there.

For the decos flush with the wall, like flat pictures or rugs, Just add a cube inside the wall. Don't worry about deintersecting, as it will not work then. Put the texture on that cube. If you still can't see it, then right click on the cube and select "order", then "last". Something like that.

Oreo Twist

One BuF Cookie
Sep 13, 2001
stillwater,ok
Visit site
wow

holy crap your right, my bad.
Dint see it was a FAQ. I post on ALOT of mssg boards over alot of subjects. just figured it was the usual no-profanity no lewd material ad nausuem
thx

Last edited:

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
No, not really. You would be surprised how many people we had ask about ripping Unreal Engine songs from UMX to MP3 format, and the opposite (for example). This is mainly to cut down on the amount of traffic the forum gets so that more challenging questions aren't completely missed. Sadly, it's a problem that has come up before.

Oreo Twist

One BuF Cookie
Sep 13, 2001
stillwater,ok
Visit site
sweet

Looks good, i should only need short ladders. What lenght is it where you generaly get wobble? like realy high cause i think im only goina need to go about double player height give or take