Those damned map holes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smarf

a.k.a. Mr. Slackpants
Don't we know them all, those anoying map (brush) holes that sometimes apear when we are editing complex brushes.
Unfortuantly i don't know how to solve it, let alone how to prefend them. Does anybody know how to prefend them or what the solution is to them (hopefully without deleting al my brushes and start over).
Solution????

brushes with holes:

See, you can look right through the solid brushes.

Oh, and don't mind the ugly textures, that's just for reference. :)

Thanx

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
from the FAQ:
"-What are BSP holes?
-BSP holes are glitches in your level geometry often caused by too complex brushwork, misaligned brushes or badly used solidity. They appear as missing parts in walls/floors, missing or unneeded collision.

-How can I fix BSP holes?
-There is no effective way for fixing them. This topic has been covered a million times. Do a forum search and you’ll find a lot of useful tips.

"
we all hate them too.
i'm interested in seeing how they will play a part in using the new terrain generator.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
They can be a pain in the ass with the new Terrain engine...

Smarf: Could you post the map so we can take a look at it? (But this time attach it or upload it and give us a link. That previous picture linked to your A: drive didn't help too much :))

SW_siagon

Sep 26, 2001
usa
Visit site
i get thoes alot it mostly caused texters intertwine with each other and they cancel them out. The only way I could fix them is to move the wall makeing them were they don't touch but make were you dont get thoes wite lines. This would work most of the time but i could be wrong