PDA

View Full Version : PRUNED: Someguy's weap

someguy_99
8th Oct 2001, 12:05 AM
Waiting for you to finish my freaking gun.

Smoke39
8th Oct 2001, 12:22 AM
Oh. You really gonna wait THAT long?

Kangus
8th Oct 2001, 09:39 AM
he doesn't seem to know what a wait he's in for..... ;) :D

someguy_99
8th Oct 2001, 10:51 AM
...What the hell?

Kangus
8th Oct 2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by someguy_99
...What the hell? I think what Smoke & I mean is that with the homework hes been having this year, you are in for quite a wait, as he doesn't have much time to code.

Raden
8th Oct 2001, 05:48 PM
Yeah get in line. Some of us were requesting weapons before you even knew this place existed.

DAT'S A HINT, SMOKE ;)

Besides, didn't he call it the lamest weapon he ever heard of? Does that sound like he's gonna finish it? :p

Smoke39
8th Oct 2001, 08:01 PM
I actually never liked the idea of that gun much, but I thought I'd be nice an' make it, since it was pretty simple. Blasted homework.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh, I say! Homework == Bad, wrong, stupid, evil, unhealthy, stimpt nicht, incorrect, un-good, very lacking in kindness, the oppositie of anything anywhere near good, etc....

someguy_99
8th Oct 2001, 09:01 PM
AKA, Homework is a fu'cking waste of time. And are you still going to publicaly release it? And you never did answer me when I asked you if you would make it so bots knew how to use my gun. Maybe I should stop calling it "my gun"...

Smoke39
8th Oct 2001, 10:22 PM
Don't expect much from the bots w/ the VLG5000000.

someguy_99
9th Oct 2001, 06:17 PM
DAMN!!!!!! Oh well.

Smoke39
9th Oct 2001, 07:43 PM
They'll use it, and randomly change modes, but that's about it (like there're so many unique uses for each mode anyway...).

Kangus
9th Oct 2001, 09:10 PM
Kangus continues his fight against cool threads going off topic.

Psycho_Leech
26th Oct 2001, 03:37 PM
The thing that makes your gun so lame is that it doesn't have a weakness, sure, you could limit ammo, but rapid-fire and very scarce ammo doesn't sound like an effective combination to me, there is a risk of suicide I suppose, but I assume that both of these are taken care of in features you didn't mention, i.e. Infinate ammo and can't hurt user, so as to make it the "ultimate" weapon. Why does that need multimode, it doesn't need any other modes.
That's why it's lame, no weakness, as simple as that. Similarily, I find the AK-47 mod is too powerful, with ammo in too good supply.

someguy_99
26th Oct 2001, 04:14 PM
You don't thinks it's good, don't use it. And this wepon does have SOME balance to it. It only comes with 150 ammo (RIGHT SMOKE!?) and it replaces the redeemer so you can't get more.

Neuroflare
26th Oct 2001, 11:08 PM
Don't listen to Nemo. he probably wants that stupid moonraker laser done. DON'T LISTEN!!! Make guns for yourself or someone elses all impoortant mod. none of us will ever get to make ours.

someguy_99
26th Oct 2001, 11:35 PM
Ehh, what?

Smoke39
27th Oct 2001, 01:10 AM
Did I mention that Tempus died recently?

someguy_99
27th Oct 2001, 10:59 AM
Who's tempus? I'm so damn confused!

Smoke39
27th Oct 2001, 01:31 PM
Tempus is the DX mod I was coding for.

Psycho_Leech
27th Oct 2001, 02:32 PM
Only 150 ammo? Only is probably not the best word, 150 direct hits(since the homing capabilities will have to be practically undogable for you to like it) with an ASMD combo blast would hurt alot, even if they did default damage, not the instant kill blasts the VGL5000000 uses, one shot is all that's really needed to clear out a small room, assuming the ratio ammo in pickup to maximum ammo is the same as the redeemer(likely since you can only get ammo from a weapon pickup), that makes 75 shots in a pickup, since the redeemer is often fairly easy to reach, unless the weapon didn't want to be picked up, and would attack people who went near it, and then obeyed whoever picked it up, it would not really have any balance at all.
Perhaps, instead, there should be only one, and doesn't replace the redeemer, like the man with the golden gun senario on goldeneye, players should get extra frags for killing the VGL500000 user.

someguy_99
27th Oct 2001, 04:30 PM
I think were asking for a few to much coding about now.

Psycho_Leech
28th Oct 2001, 03:59 PM
The idea of one VGL5000000 could be done with a mutator easily enough, or as a gametype, but the rebelling gun would be a bit difficult, and would use a pawn which dissapears on contact like a pickup, and then respawns later, or something like that.

Raden
29th Oct 2001, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Psycho_Leech

Perhaps, instead, there should be only one, and doesn't replace the redeemer, like the man with the golden gun senario on goldeneye, players should get extra frags for killing the VGL500000 user.

How are you going to do that? Remember the big red thing that kills every living strand of DNA on the map?

Psycho_Leech
1st Nov 2001, 01:34 PM
I don't know how, but there are a few KOTA(Including ones where the king has a large arsenal as a bonus) mods and similar things, so someone with enough knowledge of Uscript should be able to do that.
As for the total wipeout mode, well, it's a pretty lame idea, really, every player is killed without being able to do anything about it, and therefore the player using it automatically gains a lot of frags, given the avalibility of the Redeemer,(usally fairly easy to get) and getting enough ammo in a pickup anyway(looking back at posts, it sounds like it comes with 150, as opposed to 150 being the maximum amount of ammo), that would really ruin any game completely, even if 150 was the maximum ammo, there are two redeemers in CTF-Face and getting a redeemer twice may sometimes be difficult, but can be done either way, allowing you to gain a large amount of frags for simply shooting a wall.