Healing Players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Just because I haven't figured out how to do it, I'm asking. I don't have a lot of time right now, or I'd look it up myself. Does anybody know how to set up a trigger or zone that restores a player's health, like in CTF-Esprit or the last level of Shrakith'a?

Techno JF

Oops, it took less time than I thought. It's just a separate zone with a negative value for DamagePerSec. I didn't know that that variable would accept a negative number, so I learned from that. Sorry for the extra thread, but I guess this is a good FYI question.

DrWinky

i didnt do evil school to be called Mr
Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
heres an idea, not too sure on it though, and someone will prolly have an easier way.

Subclass the health vial, and modify it to give 1 health, not 10.

Make it invisible, and set the right collision area, and set the respawn rate to 1 scond. That way, when they player is in the "zone" (S)he will get 1 health added every second. Also, the pickup sound can be ajusted, i think from the code.

DrWinky.

Not too sure on this, but it sounds right enough.

Techno JF

Actually, I found an easier way. Use a Trigger with a RepeatTriggerTime other than zero. Have it set off a SpecialEvent with a negative damage value (in the DamageInstigator state). It will then cause that amount of damage in that interval as long as the player is touching the trigger.

Bear in mind that this is with only 5 minutes of research. I'm only taking the time to post this message between classes.

DrWinky

i didnt do evil school to be called Mr
Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
yeah your way works too, but my way is really confusing. Mine wont be stolen very easily :)

DrWinky

/me stops pretending he knew how too di it in the first place and hides his shame in a chocolate milkshake