OnlineGame - Missing Things in Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
Why there are things in the maps ( barrels, cars, ...) that are not displayed during onlinegame. they are still there, but I cant see them.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
The only place I'm aware of this problem is on Azteca Lite, where the INF vehicle meshes (5 ton truck & hummers) you see offline don't show up online, but the collisions are still there. This happens because the map uses invisible collision brushes for the meshes, instead of the standard UT collision cylinders. Works great offline, as it gives you more precise collisions, making it feel like the meshes are actually BSP brushes. But unfortunately UT online code makes it think the meshes aren't visible to players, so they aren't drawn for clients. So w/ 2.87 I'm releasing a "fixed" version of Azteca Lite where I go back to the non-brush collision cylinders, and you'll see the vehicles online again.

If you're seeing this problem on other maps, please say which, so we can look into those as well.

wrdaniel

Aug 30, 2001
Chasm: Red Playerstart, when you walk through the tunnels to the upper entry of the base, there are some barrels that don't apear online, but at the moment i don't know if they are only invissible or not in place.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
invicible! thats what i remember from own experience and others.... god i hate aztecalite! a lamer will prone behind a hummer so no1 can shoot him, but he will be able to shoot at enemy feet and legs!!! grrrr @ aztecalite

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Haha, yeah. I've seen some dork do that. I tell ya, if there's a way to cheat, bastards will do it. Makes me sick. The only other weird thing I've seen with official INF maps is, on ResearchSite, the hummer will float in mid-air sometimes. This makes no sense to me. Might be a problem at my end. Weird stuff.
Jaymian

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Like I said, Azteca Lite will be fixed in the 2.87 release. I apologize for not testing the map online before it was released in 2.86. As for Research Site, the "floating vehicles" problem was w/ the MUF server settings. They had some destructible decos setting that was causing that odd effect w/ the INF vehicle meshes, but GNAT has since fixed the problem, so all decos should appear as intended now.