Service Pack 2 for Windows 2000 gives me major problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

APT]|[Perish

Oct 5, 2001
Visit site
Prior to installing the service pack, everything was great, my dsl was giving me pings in the 50's-100's and such. I decided to upgrade my copy of win 2k by installing the service pack 2.

However, now when I start up my unreal tournament and try to find servers to play on, the actual PINGING of servers is VERY VERY slow. Never had this problem before. Another strange this is that when I run UT in safe mode (With the default boxes checked) The problem vanishes.

Anyone have any similar experiences? (Btw, I've tried uninstalling the service pack, and that fixes the problem, but I really want to keep the bug fixes)

:rl: