More Servers with Real Aim Mutator Please!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

peep

peep==class
Jul 13, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Please give us a list of all servers running the Real Aim mutator. Is there any way that we could have the server Admins put a code at the end of the server name so that we know it won't be run & gun. ie sobservers #2 (RA)

I went on a non RA server today & forgot how to play. I mean, everyone was running at full speed strafing around me in a circular way while my dumb a$$ was crouched down leaning around a corner.:) Brings back memories.

Yurch, you're not just a slave to INF, you're a slave to the whole INF community. Now get back to work & we'll give you a glass of water.;)

TheChronoTrigger

[UMC]FrozenFlame
Aug 10, 2001
California
homepage.mac.com
you know I think you right, I played on a RA server and it really does make a diff for some people, me however I didn't even notice it, I guess I just play in a way that works for it, I kinda liked it though, cuz people weren't running around sideways shooting me with perfect aim (which really bugs me)

Yes, please more RA servers! There are three things holding back Inf from a giant leap in realism:

1. Warp-speed running. The other night I was leaning from behind the box at the tunnel side of the big bridge on the Chasm map, had my M16 on semiauto. Enemy soldier comes out from behind a box at the FAR END of the bridge, runs toward me. I squeezed off 3 rounds, unfortunately missing with one or two, only winging him, and before I could get another round fired, he was literally on top of me, firing his automatic weapon point blank. I lost that fight. That bridge must be about 50 yards long, and he covered the distance in about 3 seconds. Many other instances, such as throwing a grenade at someone who is 50 or more yards away, and having him get to me so quickly he not only outruns the grenade blast, but kills me at point blank before I can even get my weapon back in my hands. That's just too darned fast. You should not be helpless against an enemy 50 yards away just because you have a grenade in your hand and he can beat the change-back-to-weapon animation by sprinting right at you. (If I've estimated the times and distances incorrectly, it's probably out of frustration...the problem remains the same.)

2. Being able to see through a scope while jogging or running. IRL, the scope would stay completely black, it's impossible to do this.

3. Being so helpless while struggling to slowly get up from prone because you can't fire a weapon (I don't use prone at all because of this).

The RA mutator goes a long way towards solving two of these problems. It's huge. Plus, scanning the horizon with the scope is much more realistic now (you actually scan 90 degrees when you turn 90 degrees). MORE RA! Thanks Yurch!

peep

peep==class
Jul 13, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Someone, pleeeeaaaase tell us some names of servers running RA. I've only been to one & I didn't get that great of a ping. I also can't remember the name of said server.

peep

peep==class
Jul 13, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Gamlexx, that's the one I've been on.

It was said in another post that AFA #2 isn't advertised. Is that true? Is there some way to log on without seeing it in the browser?

peep

peep==class
Jul 13, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Ok, I'll keep looking. I'm usually only on during the day weekdays. My girlfriend gets mad if I'm on when she gets home from work.

Just curious, for ping reasons, where is the AFA #2 server? I hope it's in Philadelphia, cause my ping would be tiny tiny. Maybe they can put a RA server under the liberty bell, hehe.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
another ignorant question

Why would the scope remain black?

Or do you mean that your eye won't be able to line up with the scope properly and therefore all you "see" is the side of the cylinder?

FiringAimlessly: Getting a clear view through a rifle scope requires the eye to be nearly exactly on the scope's visual axis. If the eye moves just a little away from that axis, you just see black/blank through the scope. Any movement beyond a walk makes it very hard to keep the eye right on that axis. Impossible to get anything better than just an occasional brief flash of a glimpse throught he scope if you're jogging or running.