PDA

View Full Version : How popular is UT?

Cicero
4th Dec 1999, 03:37 AM
I'll tell you how... I bought the game on Tuesday from CompUSA for $30.. today I go back to pick up a couple of copies for friends, and it's $49.99! I go over to EB, where I'd seen it for $35.. and it's not $45! Do you think they'd be jacking up the price on a game that wasn't selling?

I don't think so. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

GetFried!!!
4th Dec 1999, 06:47 AM
Not really wanting to get into the whole Q3A vs UT thing, but what the hell I couldn't resist...
Last night I returned DF2 (worst game on the planet, BUGGY AS HELL, and only supports software mode. Hardware mode blows /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif ) to get UT. (I called EB the night before and told them I was bringing back DF2 and wanted to get UT. They only had one copy but because of the crap I put up with DF2 they agreed to hold that final copy for me). So anyway, I go into EB and proceed to drop off DF2. WHen I get too the counter there are 2 guys there returning Q3A for UT. Man I was so glad I reserved the LAST copy the store had. I bet if I wouldn't have gotten there they would have sold my copy. Anyway these 2 guys ended up getting there money back and went elsewhere (I assume) to hunt down UT. Pretty funny stuff. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif So there yah go Barcode, looks like Q3A may be dieing, albeit a slow and painful death. Heh /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Chaos, Panic And Disorder...My Work Here Is Done.

EASY_Target
4th Dec 1999, 07:26 AM
Whan I logged on last night (friday) there were 1495 on line playing UT.

But even with all those players..most servers still had bots..

(((((((((*******BOTS SUCK GOATS ! *****))))))))