PDA

View Full Version : Pulse gun beam length, set command

Raden
4th Oct 2001, 01:43 PM
OK I know the basics of the set command: change projectiles, make em do more damage, make them go faster, make them live longer (bio, ripper)

There's more, I know.... and I wanna know how to do it :)

I wanna do more advanced things with the set command (hard coding .uc files is still outta the question yet)

Anyone willing to help out? Or know a tutorial on it or something?

I know Kangus knows some funky stuff with it :)

Postal
5th Oct 2001, 07:00 PM
You can put a bunch of command in an exec, and run them all at once

sort of like the matrix exec

and dont e-mail me for help, too many help e-mails

Raden
6th Oct 2001, 02:04 AM
I know, I've actually written a weapon exec. But I wanna do more than edit projectiles. Kangus can do lots of funky stuff. He can change groundspeed of one particular class. That's the kinda stuff I wanna get into now, with the set command, from the console.

Papapishu
10th Oct 2001, 06:03 AM
Well if you learn to code, or at least learn some key classes and their variables and settings, you may find this a bit easier.
And it's a great way to start coding, to peek around...
For example, if you open the code for the pawn, you'll find variables like the groundfriction.
I'm not sure if it's the correct name, and that's one thing you could check out...
try:
set pawn groundfriction 0

If you rummage through the code and find yourself some interesting settings, you can manipulate them and see what you get and what things does...

And when you're at it, maybe you feel like making some permanent adjustments to a weapon...your own weapon...

How to extract code (http://luna.vovoid.com/~zerda/ut/tuts/extracting_code.html)