ut freezed in the MainScreen ... after a few
seconds..(no mouse no ctrl-alt-del)
i restarted it 5 Times ... and
UT Freezed every Time somewhere in the main
menus ...
so i tried
OpenGL: the intro played and in the menus the
colors went crazy and it freezed again
Direct3D: it looks up in the ****ING intro...
im not even gettin to the ****ING mainScreen

Theres one thing i really dont understand
I PLAYED THIS **** FOR 2Hours ... WHY DOES IT
KEEP LOCKING UP NOW ???????????????

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze ..
if someone experienced such stuff or has a
good idea please respond .....
Thanx in advance
LangeSau

Wizad
3rd Dec 1999, 03:25 PM
Did you try software mode?

Zwolf
3rd Dec 1999, 10:26 PM
Well I've done just about everything humanly possible to get this game to run consistently
and I have to tell you that two hours is about as good as I get before it starts to act up, and no it's not heat related. Once it starts to crash there is no end to the errors, gpf's and lock up's that I get. The demo ran fine and when I get the game to run I get fairly good frame rates. I have a K6-2 350 on an Asus P5a-b mainboard, a 13 gig Maxtor diamondmax HD, 128 megs of Pc-100 sdram, an agp cl banshee 16 meg sgram w\extra cooling, a Memorex 48x cd-rom, a clean install of Win98, and a plain old SB16. I have all and I mean all the eye-candy turned off, sound down to almost nothing, I have 97% of my system resources free when I start the game and have tweaked the living hell out of everything. I have the newest drivers for everything and a nice fresh install of DX7, so all I can say is go figure. I guess they'll patch it sooner or later no matter what all the die hard Unreal,GT, Epic, gee it runs alright for me so you must be an Idiot peeps think. I'll just keep playing with my friends on there server, at least they can bare with my constant crashing out of the game. It's really too bad it's such a cool game, and I am way to addicted to just give up on it. And besides I don't really like Q3, I kinda had enough after Q2.

RW
3rd Dec 1999, 10:43 PM
Here is my list of things to try and good luck.
1: Run a scandisk and defrag your hard drive.
2: Set up a permanent swap file of 200MB min, and 200MB max. If you don't know how to do this tell me and I will walk you through it. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
3: If you CD drive is on the same IDE buss as your hard drive relocate it to the secondary IDE buss as a "master" if there is nothing else on that buss.
4: Try to start UT by inserting the CD into the drive and start from the autolaod feature of the CD.
5: Try starting UT in "UT Safe Mode" then go to advanced options and disable video/audio options until you find what is causing you the problem.

If all this fails then post back as I still have a few tricks that may help. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Fireseal
4th Dec 1999, 01:07 AM
LangeSau, try using the older 2.08 reference detonator drivers. I had an every once in a while problem of the game totally freezing in the menu or during gameplay (not as bad as yours) but after installing the 2.08 drivers I haven't seen any problems. Also, reinstall the game after you've installed the earlier drivers. You see, those 3.53 drivers are meant for the gforce and nvidia states that they are compatable with the tnt2 chipset, which they are...but my system was less stable while using them, as seen in this case. Oh, RW...only 200megs? I set mine up for 300 and it runs excellent. I just heard that 300 was supposed to run better if you had the space for it.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?