PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Homing and Redeamer Fun

Robvia
3rd Dec 1999, 09:22 AM
Hi,

How does Rocket homing work?
Meaning, I have the Rocket Launcher, I see someone and my site immediatley turns to a red circle. So then I fire a rocket and it might hit them, but if not then they are still coming after me, and the site goes back to a cross hair.
So what makes the Rocket Launcher site turn to the red circle?

Here's a fun thing to try on map Deck16. This map has 3 walkways, two take you to a high platform with the sniper rifle on one side. There is a green pool at the bottom, don't fall in or you die. So you jump to the bottom and stay to the side, then you'll see a rocket launcher to the end of the level with a teleporter. Go thru the teleporter and you'll find the Redeamer, then fall back to the ground.
Now go to where the other Rocket launcher is which is in front of the tunnel.
Now alt-fire the redeamer and make it go thru the tunnel and see if you can turn it to the right and do a "lap" around the map.
If you screw up and hit a wall, then you gotta jump back to the bottom and wait for it to respawn.

Talk to you later.

L_S
3rd Dec 1999, 11:33 AM
If you hold your crosshair of the rl on your oppenent long enough it will turn red. Fire a missle and it will "track" the other player, though it is not a sure hit. Best to use this in an open area if you dont already have any long range weapons at hand.

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here. (http://members.xoom.com/longshaft/biteme.htm)

Robvia
3rd Dec 1999, 08:27 PM
So did you guys try Deck16 with the Redeamer?

Do this, its alot of fun.

Start a practice game with 0 bots and pick Deck16 as the map.
Go to the bottom of the map where the rocket launcher is and go thru the teleporter. Get the Redeamer and jump down.
Bring up the console and type
IAMTHEONE
ALLAMMO
GOD
Now go to where the rocket launcher is in front of the tunnel. Turn towards the tunnel and fire the Redeamer with the Alternate fire mode. You'll be on board the rocket flying it with your mouse. Now try to make the right turns and make the rocket do a lap around the arena. If you do it right, you'll fly right over yourself and keep going. This is great practice for the Redeamer, once you get good enough, you can keep the rocket flying for a long time.
The trick is very small movements with the mouse. Don't over correct or you'll lose it and crash. You can also detonate the rocket at any time by pressing the alt fire key again. You can practice over and over again until you get it right.

Talk to you later.

BadAss
3rd Dec 1999, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the tip Robvia. I didn't know you can detonate it in mid-flight. I'll have to try that.

BadAss

BoBVila ]|[ Arena
3rd Dec 1999, 09:04 PM
Hey and spawn 100 bots with "summon tbossbot" and use the redeemer and the allammo cheat

MMMMM_MMMM_MMMM_MMMMONSSTERERERSES KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL